Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Power Rankings

Can I ask a context question? I know that the Classic ratings are based on 400-600 point kill-em-all tournament environments. Upon what type of environment are these power ratings based?

~Aldin, who would love to see what a Heroes tournament looks like

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't know if these currently have a set basis, but I find these units play best in the 600-1000 point range. 600 is good for a quick skirmish, but if you really want to get into some factions, 800+ is best. I've been playing 800-1000 more and more lately.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A great read!
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I asked in part because I wonder - would some of the ratings and comments be different if everyone agreed ahead of time about the environment? Doesn't Doomsday become more valuable - and Angel less valuable - at higher point totals? Don't Sentinels get a lot better in a draft as opposed to a pre-built environment? Are there map types that have too much elevation change for non-flying/leaping figures to be useful? Shouldn't the "official" grades be dropped in favor of C3G grades on the ten official figs given that the environment is totally different?

~Aldin, aka The Question

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I definitely agree about dropping the official rankings on figures. I don't believe Captain America is an A figure in this environment.
Also (and I know you were just using an example) I think Angel is useful at every level of play - one of the reasons he deserves such a high ranking.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I definitely agree about dropping the official rankings on figures. I don't believe Captain America is an A figure in this environment.
Also (and I know you were just using an example) I think Angel is useful at every level of play - one of the reasons he deserves such a high ranking.
I'd like to see a C3G Captain America that was A level. That appears to be his level in the comics.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'd like to see a C3G Captain America that was A level. That appears to be his level in the comics.
Captain America's a DEFINITE A, even up against biggies like Superman. He's just that good.

And personally, I'm judging based (primarily) on 1000 point games.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM

I could see A-. Being completely landlocked in SuperHeroscape hurts anyone. And his shield loses some power when he's not facing common squads as often.

Old September 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Sinestro Corps Soldier (110 points) DC - Their low cost and Order Marker issues seem to offset each other. Arkillo can make them shine at times, though. C+.
What Order Marker Issues ?
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM

If Arkillo's not in the army, you have to put order markers on just the one card you're controlling. They're uncommon, not common.
With Arkillo or another unique Yellow Lantern around, though, it's not a problem.

Old September 1st, 2010, 11:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly though, from a glance and not having played them (...yet!), the Sinestro Corps Soldiers seem pretty solid as standalone units. I mean, given the choice between one and, say, Sgt. Drake, the Sinestro Corps guy don't look bad at all. Even one of them, all alone, is strong, fast, ranged, and can fly on top of it all.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If Arkillo's not in the army, you have to put order markers on just the one card you're controlling. They're uncommon, not common.
With Arkillo or another unique Yellow Lantern around, though, it's not a problem.
So the problem is that you have to put order markers on the card your controlling ? How is that different than any other Unique hero ?

By that logic, everyone short of Prof X and Red Skull has that problem.

Don't get me wrong, the Sinestro Corps Soldiers aren't the greatest heroes in the game, but that's not a logical critique.

Last edited by Adam Souza; September 2nd, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy