Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2016, 06:22 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Favourite "Plug and Play" units (low/no synergy)

After seeing how impressive Sonlen is with my first foray into Heroscape, but noting that he's not particularly "synergized", and then noticing units like Master of the Hunt and Eltahale dont seem to be explicitly designed to go with specific armies, I wondered what peoples top units (heros or squads) are, that you enjoy putting into armies without them being specifically "obviously" tied to your other units (yeah, of course you take them to provide some role in your army that others arent fulfilling but I mean more generally, unique units or squads that you dont strongly link to other units because of actual worded synergies). Hope you get what I mean

I suppose Sonlen, Eltahale, Master of the Hunt, Evar Scarcarver, Tandros, Ana, Mika etc?
Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:43 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Favourite "Plug and Play" units (low/no synergy)

Dumutef Guard is at the top of my list. He's large, and can avoid many of the perils that impact medium to small figures 4A/4D, and all for 25 points. He is in many of my squads as a filler. If there are any roads, even better.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

yeah thats a good one, plus hes an impressive (and cheap!) mini
Old May 23rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Q9 and Raelin are the first to come to mind, although Eltahale is a personal favorite of mine.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Niflheim, Braxas, and Charos are all awesome without the Greenscales. Krav Maga Agents are another one of my favorites, as is Syvarris. Airborne Elite and RaeRae are super great as well.

No love for Dünd? (He's exactly like Storm Crow!)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old May 26th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

I like Heirloom. As far as I know he doesn't synergize with anyone. He has got to be one of the best support heros, especially if there are treasure glyphs on the field.
Old May 26th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Opps. He did it again.

I have also had fun with Dund, and should use him more.
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cheap explosion guys: Heirloom, James Murphy, Johnny Shotgun
Cheapish heavy hitters: Crixus, VC's Martial La Hire, VC's Prince Al'Kahora
Dragons: mostly just Nilfheim, for me
Ranged attackers: Syvarris, Kaemon Awa, Q10 (and Q9 if you're a fan of him)

And of course, the one figure that makes every army instantly better: Raelin (from RotV)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Opps. He did it again.

I used to not like having Raelin in my armies, but I have since grown to love having her. She can help at just the right time.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I used to not like having Raelin in my armies, but I have since grown to love having her. She can help at just the right time.
Raelin is one figure that I have never got (gotten?) the hang of using. Just looking at her card she does not seem that impressive. I simply do not know how to use her.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:49 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Raelin is one figure that I have never got (gotten?) the hang of using. Just looking at her card she does not seem that impressive. I simply do not know how to use her.
Raelin (RotV) is one of the best figures and works well with literally any army. She gives a defensive buff to all units she sees. Working in conjunction with something like the Ashra Warriors or the Krav Maga Agents, they become all but unstoppable. And that all happens just by her sitting there.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:52 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Raelin (RotV) is one of the best figures and works well with literally any army. She gives a defensive buff to all units she sees. Working in conjunction with something like the Ashra Warriors or the Krav Maga Agents, they become all but unstoppable. And that all happens just by her sitting there.
For me it's a problem with order marker management I think. I'm not very good at it. But now that my figure count is so low I should be getting a lot more play time with her.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units