Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old April 7th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing CoVCon: July 29th-August 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Hendal will be there, God Willing, do you need people a day early to set up, Sign me up, why not. As always I will help supply prizes and snacks, and have the tub of figures for people to use.
Outstanding Hendel! Yes we will be setting up Wed. night and the hotel is extending the block rate for Wed night so anyone who wants to come in on Wed. is welcome. Still working out details with hotel on time.
We should have prices up on Saturday.
Awesome! I was already looking up plane tickets etc and flying in Wednesday looks like a really good option. Also, will the Event schedule be up by Saturday? I'm curious if I should plan on flying out Sunday afternoon/evening.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 7th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Hendal will be there, God Willing, do you need people a day early to set up, Sign me up, why not. As always I will help supply prizes and snacks, and have the tub of figures for people to use.
Outstanding Hendel! Yes we will be setting up Wed. night and the hotel is extending the block rate for Wed night so anyone who wants to come in on Wed. is welcome. Still working out details with hotel on time.
We should have prices up on Saturday.
Awesome! I was already looking up plane tickets etc and flying in Wednesday looks like a really good option. Also, will the Event schedule be up by Saturday? I'm curious if I should plan on flying out Sunday afternoon/evening.
The event schedule should be out then! We're planning on running an event Sunday morning, but that should be finished up by about 2PM (similar to GenCon). A later afternoon or evening flight would work fine!
Old April 7th, 2021, 02:36 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not sure if Orc and crew will have events ready to launch this Saturday or not. We're confirmed (well, we have to sign a contract) for the banquet facility Wed. night from 6pm - midnight and Sunday until 2pm so there will definitely be an event(s) on Sunday.
I haven't asked, but if anyone needs rooms Sunday night, I would think we could extend our block rates for Sunday night. I have a call with the hotel sales director scheduled for Friday morning so we should have prices set for Saturday posting.
Old April 7th, 2021, 02:37 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

I see Orc answered that question while allegedly attending class.
Old April 7th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I had an important conference call with a certain sloth that didn't wrap up in time to make it to class...
Old April 7th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Just saw this - I'm a definite maybe. Our 30th anniversary is July 27th, so may have to work around that.

Don't know if you've looked at this hotel. It's at the Plainfield Exit (just west of the airport) and has a large convention/meeting rooms attached.
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ind...polis-airport/
Old April 7th, 2021, 03:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Just saw this - I'm a definite maybe. Our 30th anniversary is July 27th, so may have to work around that.

Don't know if you've looked at this hotel. It's at the Plainfield Exit (just west of the airport) and has a large convention/meeting rooms attached.
Awesome- I'll add you to the list!

We have a really reasonable rate squared away with another hotel; we'll post all those details Saturday!
Old April 7th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

This event looks awesome! Listening to the podcast episode it sounds like you've got a really sweet setup being set up! I'd definitely love to attend an event like this, but it's hard for me to commit to anything this far out, especially with a potential move happening this summer. But if I'm not there I definitely look forward to seeing streams/results/discussions/etc.!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 7th, 2021, 04:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Question...maybe tag everyone that said they'd attend the 2019 GC Roll Call thread?

As you've mentioned, there may be a lot who will attend this as if it were the actual GC anyway...and I wonder how many will miss this thread.

Also, I'll try to remember to announce this in my YT video's going forward. Should be able to get some traffic that way as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 7th, 2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post

Thanks Walt. I just submitted an RFP to this hotel. As Orc said it looks like we're closing in on a pretty sweet deal with the hotel I have been communicating with, but another quote from a different chain is a good idea.

I requested two other quotes last Sat. (one downtown and another one at the airport) and I have had no response.

The sales director I have been working with at the one hotel which has responded has been super responsive, and I trust that will continue. That is worth something to me as I don't have much patience for people who don't do their jobs.

Let's see if we get a response from this hotel.
Old April 7th, 2021, 05:57 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Thank you. Checking in and will look into this.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old April 7th, 2021, 06:05 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What a fantastic idea! I'm definitely interested and will try to make it happen.

As for other activities, if anyone is interested I can bring games that can accommodate lots of players simultaneously:

For example:

I can build a track big enough to handle a 24 player PitchCar event (take a look if you don't know what I'm talking about). I ran something similar at my church and an octogenarian, who had never won a single thing in her life, barely beat out the upstart ten year old. She even took home a trophy.

I can field up to a 27 player Loopin' Chewie tournament -- 9 sets of three players each, then eliminate down to nine, then final three players, so three rounds total. If you've never played Loopin' Chewie (or its predecessor Loopin' Louie), then shame on you and you haven't really lived yet.

I'd have to do an exact count, but off the top of my head I think I could probably field a 30-40 player Wings of Glory event. Could be just two teams or a crazy, massive free for all where the most kill shots wins it all. Again, ran something similar at my church and was shot down by a Grandma on the second turn. Grrr. Had fun running the event though. Everyone plays with custom laminated cards and damage is known to everyone. Has actually been done as a "team building exercise" at corporate events.

edit: not laminated cards in lieu of the minis, there's definitely minis because they are the essential FUN part of the game -- the laminated cards are the damage trackers

Last edited by Deroche; April 8th, 2021 at 11:10 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon