Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

I think limiting the cards to 3, mabey 4 powers would be appropriate. As for the powers for Simon, I'd rather his whip be represented as a power, like I belive James Murphy's is. For an attack, if it is based on his undead fighting, I likewhat we kicked around with the holy water one, if it is made for a general attack anyone, dosen't his sword have some powers in the game? I can't remeber since it's been a long time since I played Castlevania. For a move bonus, I think it should be related to the undead so as not to break the them.
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I think limiting the cards to 3, mabey 4 powers would be appropriate. As for the powers for Simon, I'd rather his whip be represented as a power, like I belive James Murphy's is. For an attack, if it is based on his undead fighting, I likewhat we kicked around with the holy water one, if it is made for a general attack anyone, dosen't his sword have some powers in the game? I can't remeber since it's been a long time since I played Castlevania. For a move bonus, I think it should be related to the undead so as not to break the them.
Actually in the game Simon's whip is his primary weapon, then he has several secondary weapons, holy water, dagger, axe and boomerang.
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

When you're ready to post your first draft, please use this format:

Character Name
(Name of Video Game, Book, Movie, TV Show, etc.)
(Genre)

Race
Unique Hero
Class
Personality

Health: X
Move: X
Range: X
Attack: X
Defense: X

Size: X

Special Power 1 Name
Description

Special Power 2 Name
Description

Points: ??? (please leave point cost as ??? until we get to cost discussion)
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I would think that in order to keep him an all-around figure, if he has three abilities, keep two of them general and 1 of them some sort of a bonus against undead.

IOW, if he gets a movement bonus against undead, his special attack should be general as well as his third ability.

I like the thought of his whip being a special ability rather than a special attack. That gives it the general use that would help make him an all-around draft pick.

Lookin forward to seeing your design, jcmcminis!
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

Maybe Holy water Special Attack

Range 1 attack 3

Undead figures may not roll defense
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

The problem I see with a special attack that affects all figures but is especially bad for undead is why would a non-undead figure receive wounds from having water thrown on them? If he has a special attack that has negative affect for undead the attack itself should affect only undead. But then you begin to lose the all-around quality that jcmcminis is going for.

That is why I think any special attack should be completely general with no specific affect against undead and any power that is specifically against undead should be an ability based power and not an attack.
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

Character Name
(Genre)

Race
Unique Hero
Class
Personality

Health: X

Special Power 1 Name
Description

Special Power 2 Name
Description

I think this should be put on the OP so it can be found easily.
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Character Name
(Genre)

Race
Unique Hero
Class
Personality

Life: X

Special Power 1 Name
Description

Special Power 2 Name
Description

Great idea, hidicul. Though Health should be Life.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:15 PM
The Closer

Nice catch Mac, I just glanced over it without really looking.
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

And Size should be moved under Personality.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:31 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Character Name
(Genre)

Race
Unique Hero
Class
Personality

Life: X

Special Power 1 Name
Description

Special Power 2 Name
Description

Great idea, hidicul. Though Health should be Life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
And Size should be moved under Personality.
I'm going to go hide now guys I can't belive I missed both of those in my scan of it. Maybe I better read things more thoroughly before suggesting they get put in the OP huh.
</IMG></IMG>
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

No worries. That's why a community is more powerful than an individual.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum