Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 17th, 2017, 07:26 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm actually not going to back Joan of Arc anymore. While it seems like a neat game and all, I have too many irons in the fire with regards to several miniatures game systems I'm currently into and also some upcoming ones I'm committed to. So I would rather use the $150 I was going to put towards Joan of Arc base set and shipping, into some terrain pieces and stuff I can use for systems I already have, like The Walking Dead All Out War. So I can get some neat buildings and stuff that I can enjoy now, rather than wait until end of 2018 or early 2019.
I feel like you are probably making the right choice. There seems to be something missing from JoA. I am not seeing anything other than the miniatures that does anything for me.

Edit: Forgot to mention Resident Evil 2. The gameplay videos actually make it look fun.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; October 17th, 2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Mentioning RE2
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm actually not going to back Joan of Arc anymore. While it seems like a neat game and all, I have too many irons in the fire with regards to several miniatures game systems I'm currently into and also some upcoming ones I'm committed to. So I would rather use the $150 I was going to put towards Joan of Arc base set and shipping, into some terrain pieces and stuff I can use for systems I already have, like The Walking Dead All Out War. So I can get some neat buildings and stuff that I can enjoy now, rather than wait until end of 2018 or early 2019.
I feel like you are probably making the right choice. There seems to be something missing from JoA. I am not seeing anything other than the miniatures that does anything for me.
If the base game was at the $80 price point, then it would be worth it to me, but $120 plus $20'$25 for shipping is way more than I want to spend for what it actually is. Then when I think about the game itself, and while it is interesting, it's actually more of a board game hybrid and could just as easily be played with cardboard tokens and 2D cardboard terrain overlays. Some other hybrid games with minis like Kemet or Cyclades, have minis, but the games are a fraction of the cost.

Sometimes people get on the stretch goal and minis high when it comesto kickstarters. I did it once with Mercs Recon. Then people will have a boatload of minis when the game arrives after spending hundreds of dollars on it, and it will often sit unplayed or very few plays.

Though, I did get a lot of Mercs Recon plays in, and would have more if not for getting several more miniatures systems that require painting and terrain acquiring/making.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 22nd, 2017, 04:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Grabbed the expansion to 7th Continent. I've been LOVING this game so far, and only have had time to play it a few times.

That said I was just bitten in half by a rockworm, and my wife and friend are exhausted and will succumb to the curses at any moment. So we might set it up next time for them to immediately die, but we'll be better off next time.
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:10 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I just backed Shifting Realms, hope it gets funded so I can play it next year. I enjoyed every CVN game I have played in the past, Heroscape, Epic Duels, Risk 2210. I believe my gaming group will enjoy it

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old October 27th, 2017, 12:48 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Well, I just backed Shifting Realms, naturally, but I'm also backing Legends of Sleepy Hollow as another Christmas 2018 present for another little brother. it looks like it's going to be incredible!
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I also backed Shifting Realms.

White Wizard Games is launching a Kickstarter for a new card/board game called Sorceror. I've been pretty happy with their other games (Star Realms and Hero Realms) and I love the idea of a board and possibly even miniatures getting added to the mix, so I'll probably back it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:58 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Deleted

Last edited by chas; October 29th, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old October 29th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Also deleted!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 30th, 2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Nothing to see here, move along.
Old October 30th, 2017, 10:34 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just backed War Room created by Larry Harris (Axis&Allies). I loved Axis &Allies back in the day and this look like a much deeper version of world war.

Old October 30th, 2017, 11:25 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I've played Axis and Allies in the past and that game is very complicated and takes forever. War Room looks cool but it also looks complicated and I'm getting to a point in my life where I feel the sweet spot for a board game session is 45-60 minutes.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old October 30th, 2017, 11:35 AM

@Justin The Critic - It's funny, as I get older, I find myself wanting to play more difficult/complicated games. I like that War Room has everyone plan simultaneously, as opposed to A&A where you could just react to the movements of the players before you. Also, the resource management part of this game will add a layer of complexity that I will enjoy. It definitely isn't for everyone. I doubt I would get to play it more than once or twice a year, but that will be enough for me.
Old October 30th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In another universe, where, perhaps, you and I worked or lived closer together, G-O, I would play games like this. I love everything about it (except the WW2 setting, for visceral reasons), but I would never ever play.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games