Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 5th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2015 Events

Therefore my VC event will be up shortly as well.
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:43 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The draft tournament does not mention "No Marvel" like all of the other events. Is that an omission, or is Marvel allowed for this event?

Quote:
Draft Tournament
Bring an 800-point draft pool. At the start of each game, there will be a dice-off between the players. The winner of the dice-off can decide to either draft 1 card/unit from the combined draft pool of both players, or defer the choice to their opponent. After one person has drafted 1 card/unit, players will alternate drafting 2 cards/units per person until they reach the point/figure limit listed below. Figures must be placed in the start zones as they are drafted. Players are allowed to drop figures as they draft, but cannot add or subtract figures once they are placed in the start zones. Airborne Elite/Retchets start off the board as normal and count towards your figure limit. 400 points 16 figure limit
Old May 5th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The draft tournament does not mention "No Marvel" like all of the other events. Is that an omission, or is Marvel allowed for this event?

Quote:
Draft Tournament
Bring an 800-point draft pool. At the start of each game, there will be a dice-off between the players. The winner of the dice-off can decide to either draft 1 card/unit from the combined draft pool of both players, or defer the choice to their opponent. After one person has drafted 1 card/unit, players will alternate drafting 2 cards/units per person until they reach the point/figure limit listed below. Figures must be placed in the start zones as they are drafted. Players are allowed to drop figures as they draft, but cannot add or subtract figures once they are placed in the start zones. Airborne Elite/Retchets start off the board as normal and count towards your figure limit. 400 points 16 figure limit
Hmm, the intent was for no Marvel but since I don't have an opinion really either way and I obviously forgot to put it in there, we will go ahead and say Marvel IS ALLOWED. That way the complainers have something to whine about

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 5th, 2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: And there you have it only 4 posts later... ;)
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyesheron View Post
Any updates on army costs?
Also is there a chance to go over the 24 figure limit for squads?
You got your wish. A limitless start zone event.
2 Ninjas and 48 rats.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:18 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Question: Only official 'Scape figures, or do C3G stuff get counted? I'm assuming it's only official, but I'm double checking.
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:28 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Only official except during Open Play.
OarngeMailman tried to get a C3G game going last year but had no luck.
I might try to bring some buildings for a cityscape throw down.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:28 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Eugh

If my experience with C3G has taught me anything, adding superheroes into the mix with Classic makes games a lot swingier. I'm not sure I like that for a draft format.

~Dysole, who thinks it's somewhat mitigated by lower point totals but still...
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah. Particularly in a draft, where things are a mishmash so the influence of the obvious countermeasures - swarming squads - is diminished, I think adding supers into the mix might make it impossible to draft anything *but* supers. What else would you do? You'd have to, because your assembled odds & ends would not be able to overcome them, normally.

I'm not competing in it. I wasn't, anyway, but . . . I'm *ahem* intrigued by this development in this format.

Not my business. I love me some @Matthias Maccabeus , and this decision is not my business, but, ermmm. Erm.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 5th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Question: Only official 'Scape figures, or do C3G stuff get counted? I'm assuming it's only official, but I'm double checking.
I will be hosting a VC event during Open Play. You'll need an Open Play ticket to get in, of course.

VC Event details will be up within the next few days.
Old May 5th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyesheron View Post
Any updates on army costs?
Also is there a chance to go over the 24 figure limit for squads?
You got your wish. A limitless start zone event.
2 Ninjas and 48 rats.
I will raise you 36 repulsors and Marcu.

Though Rats x 11 + DED is awful interesting... (if you're into that kind of girly range stuff)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 5th, 2015, 03:47 PM

48 rats is unbeatable. Those Repulosors would be an issue.
Just going from experience, your opponent will concede in round three.

Anyone have an extra 48 rats and an Isamu I can borrow? I can bring my lucky Oto.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:11 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Is Bring on the Hordes the one for which you are still working out the details?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con