Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Nov 2014

I know you strive for simplicity so this may not appeal to you, but what about having a lower target roll that heals one wound and a higher one that heals two?

Great insights Hahma.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 23rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Considering that Ultron's main schtick is being indestructible, that design seems pretty fragile. It only has one more Life than Ne-Gok-Sa, and I don't see Self Repair keeping him in the game very long; if I'm sacrificing a turn for a 25% chance to heal two wounds, I'm probably desperate enough that I've already lost the game.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Hahma - It's not the possibility of stealing Green Lantern that I fear, it's the possibility of an opposing Green Lantern using the Encephalo-Ray himself. Totally breaks all theme and makes him a bit ridiculous. With your input though, I may be able to fix my concern by tricking the Special Attack into two separate powers so that GL cannot steal the real mind control aspect of it.

Tornado - I did originally have the healing power broken out into stages of 1 and 2 with then a 20 roll healing all wounds. Unfortunately, space limitations on the card got me thinking I had to simplify.

Sherman - Thanks for the help and the smack on the head. Your comments (along with Hahma and 'nado) have me thinking that I should just beef up the Life and/or Defense and lose the Healing aspect all together. My boys liked the idea of having Ultron on the brink of defeat only to heal himself suddenly disappointing his opponent. Overall though, I have to agree that it makes him a little weak up front and totally unpredictable to the point that he won't feel like Ultron.

So thanks to you guys, I'm already shifting gears and going to Ultron 2 .

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 23rd, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

ULTRON
MARVEL

ANDROID
UNIQUE HERO
CONQUERER
MERCILESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 8
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

MIND-CONTROL 19
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Ultron. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 19 or higher, you now take control of the chosen hero and its Army Card. Remove any Order Markers on that card. If Ultron is destroyed, remove all Order Markers from any affected Army Cards you control and return control of those Army Cards to the players who controlled them before they were affected by Ultron’s Mind-Control.

ENCEPHALO-RAY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
If Ultron inflicts at least one wound on a Unique Hero figure with his Encephalo-Ray Special Attack, he may immediately use his Mind-Control Special Power on that same figure. Add 1 to the 20-sided die roll for each wound inflicted.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Ultron’s movement, ignore elevations. Ultron may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Ultron starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

--------------------------------------
EDIT: Hopefully I closed the concern raised by Marro_Warlord.

To clarify my thinking on this change from the prior post, increasing his Life by 2 basically substitutes for hitting his Self-Repair role once in a game without having to waste a turn and roll for it. It makes Ultron more consistent and less complicated.

In addition, he now has the ability to Mind-Control weaker (lower costed figures) more often than real heavy hitters because instead of giving up all attacks, he can try a Special Attack. If he hits, he gets a free chance to Mind Control. He can still try and get a higher defense figure or a tricky Spidey type figure by by-passing the attack all together and just rolling for the Mind-Control but then there is no secondary prize of a wound if he fails. On the flip side, if he does use the SA to get the bonus opportunity, he may be taking control of a figure that he just weakened with some wounds.

Basically, I liked the theme of shooting an opponent with the Encephalo-Ray because it is supposed to be a directed ray and not a magical mind swap like Dr. Doom has. Therefore a higher defense figure could block it or dodge it. My one hang up was that Green Lantern could use the same SA and that made no sense to me. In breaking it up as I did, GL can shoot a green version of the beam 4 spaces with an attack of 4 but he doesn't have a Mind-Control Power on his card to take advantage of the extra part of the attack. Therefore, I actually can have my cake (a Special attack version) and eat it too (keep it away from GL).

And with Scarlet Witch in the same game, either with him or against him, she still has affects on his power like I wanted it to.

Edit 2: Increased the die roll for straight mind control but allowed for plusses when linked to the special attack. Gives Ultron more incentive to use the SA path and increases the likelihood that his targets would be lower defense figures.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 29th, 2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 11:27 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

If Player A Mind-Controls Player C's Hulk, but Player B mindshackles Hulk. Who gets Hulk if Ultron is destroyed?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
If Player A Mind-Controls Player C's Hulk, but Player B mindshackles Hulk. Who gets Hulk if Ultron is destroyed?
I would think that Player B keeps him because the Ultron Mind-Control chain was broken once he was Mind Shackled. I see your point however and could insert a "you control" in the sentence regarding Ultron being destroyed.

Thanks for the assist.
Old November 24th, 2014, 03:43 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers are back - Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post

QUICKSILVER
MARVEL

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
ARROGANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 8
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 6

SUPER SPEED
Quicksilver does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Quicksilver can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
You need something about not stopping in Molten Lava for the semi-lava-proof thing to work here. Right now he has to stop his move as soon as he enters a Lava space, so that part of the power does nothing.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice Ultron II. I like it.
Of course I want a little a more complexity. Perhaps +1 to Mind Control roll for each wound inflicted by the SA but that is just me.
Nice work. Are you going to have Ultron 'bots/copies'?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM

double post

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
You need something about not stopping in Molten Lava for the semi-lava-proof thing to work here. Right now he has to stop his move as soon as he enters a Lava space, so that part of the power does nothing.
As per the Heroscape Rules...

"Rules for the Master Game:Treat molten lava spaces like water spaces except for the following:

When a figure moves onto a molten lava space, you must roll for molten lava damage..."

Therefore, if Quicksilver (and the HelmAverse Flash before him) doesn't have to stop his movement when he enters a water space, then he doesn't have to stop for Molten Lava either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice Ultron II. I like it.
Of course I want a little a more complexity. Perhaps +1 to Mind Control roll for each wound inflicted by the SA but that is just me.
Nice work. Are you going to have Ultron 'bots/copies'?
That's not too complex but it may be too wordy. Do you add the +1 with the first wound that triggers it, or do you have to have a second wound to add the first + 1? Overall, I do not like to add extra sentences and/or lines just to have die rolls change by 5% or so. It's just not my thing.
Old November 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
As per the Heroscape Rules...

"Rules for the Master Game:Treat molten lava spaces like water spaces except for the following:

When a figure moves onto a molten lava space, you must roll for molten lava damage..."

Therefore, if Quicksilver (and the HelmAverse Flash before him) doesn't have to stop his movement when he enters a water space, then he doesn't have to stop for Molten Lava either.
Nope, that's not what that rule means. It's very poorly worded, but it just means you have to stop in Lava and such. It doesn't make Lava count as Water (otherwise the Obsidian Guards would roll 2 less dice in Lava). Compare to Swamp Water, which does count as Water, but doesn't stop your move.

See this thread for more on this, including a copy from the official FAQ (that is unfortunately lost to time now).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Captain Underpants

Well how about that, Old Dogs can be taught new tricks. Thanks for educating me on that Soundwarp SG-1, it looks like you are correct. The FAQs state:

Can figures that have "water" abilities on their cards (Slither, Water Suits, Water Weakness, etc) consider Lava the same as Water as stated in the Volcarren Wasteland instructions?
The note in the Volcarren Wasteland instructions is in reference to height/ movement questions for molten lava tiles. Any card that lists a special ability that uses water would still need a water tile to complete that ability. For example, the Venoc Vipers cannot slither across molten lava. The Microcorp Agents do not get added defense, nor would they be able to use their water suits in the lava.

So therefore, I do need to change upper Speed on both Quicksilver and Flash to read:

QUICKSILVER
---------------------
SUPER SPEED
Quicksilver does not have to stop his movement when entering a water or molten lava space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Quicksilver can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

FLASH
---------------------
SUPER SPEED
Flash does not have to stop his movement when entering a water or molten lava space and only rolls for molten lava damage when he ends his movement on a molten lava space. Flash can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

I'll see if A3n can make those changes on his next go around. (No rush, pal).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations