Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Re: New Dragon Teaser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
A blue dragon would be fantastic. A new sculpt would be great, but there are also two blue dragons from the existing minis:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/pd250880...sociateid=97_2

http://www.trollandtoad.com/pd163973...sociateid=97_2

The first one looks way too large to fit on even two hexes. I can't tell about the second.

--

Gold wyrmlings would be cool... especially if they were beasts...
Or perhaps this one: (linked from http://www.vesivus.com/minis/index.htm)

Maybe one of the DnD players around here could post a pic for scale comparison...
That one's way, way too big. I've seen it in my Barns&Noble. That black base is about the size of a 7 hex piece. So it just wouldn't be able to fit on a base, or for the figure itself, a crowded board.

EDIT: See, look at the pictures here. http://www.amazon.com/Gargantuan-Dra.../dp/0786941898

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:28 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

I think that an Aquillian dragon should be 150 points, this is right at the point of Mimring, so we would have 2 at 210, 2 at 185, and 2 at 150. If he doesn't have any bonding squad like Ming, he can be quite a bit stronger.

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I can see a SA where the Large Blue dragon attacks 3-4 times with 4 dice. With the same Mechanic as the Blue Wyrmling. That would allow for attacks of figures up to 12 spaces away. :O
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I can see a SA where the Large Blue dragon attacks 3-4 times with 4 dice. With the same Mechanic as the Blue Wyrmling. That would allow for attacks of figures up to 12 spaces away. :O
Its more likely to be only 3 times, first attack having a range or 4, next bounce 3, next either 3 or 2. That's 9 or 10 spaces. Not too extreme and it requires a first target within 4 spaces, leaving him in harms way.
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

I like that idea, but a chain attack of 4,3,2 would be pretty weak compared to the dragons we already have. Nilf and Mimring can both attack multiple targets for 4 with various restrictions. I guess it might be a more normal attack focused dragon and the lightening special could be just a bonus?

I'm hoping that the lightening would have some way of affecting high defense soulborg. Maybe it could have a defense reducing effect like Spider-man's special attack. Hmm, I'm not sure how that would be done without killing what little viability the elf wizards have.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I'm liking the idea of a stronger chain attack, it makes harassing heroes like Raelin much easier. If this chain has 3 or 4 attack (with 4 or 3 targets respectively) it'll be pretty solid. It also allows you to circumvent the adjacency rules to an extent, so having an original range of 4 wouldn't be to bad.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!

Quick questions, are the wyrmlings from Icaria, I guess they wouldn't be because this is DnD scape, but being that they look like the other Icarian dragons. I thought I would ask in case.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

WotC said they are not changing the worlds they are from. So my guess no.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't forget. WOTC said they want the Blue Dragon to be very strong. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see him at the 200-220 range in points.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Centerpiece for a new large expansion, mebbe?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
I'm liking the idea of a stronger chain attack, it makes harassing heroes like Raelin much easier. If this chain has 3 or 4 attack (with 4 or 3 targets respectively) it'll be pretty solid. It also allows you to circumvent the adjacency rules to an extent, so having an original range of 4 wouldn't be to bad.
4 attacks of 3 in a long chain, plus 3 attacks of 2 or 3 from the greenscales? 7 attacks in one turn is probably too much. (Drones do it, but only average 4.2 or so.) That would have to be a VERY expensive dragon. Or a very fragile one.

Maybe an attack of 4 on the first, 3 on the second, 2 on the third. Still better than Nilf's I think.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Don't forget. WOTC said they want the Blue Dragon to be very strong. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see him at the 200-220 range in points.
Where did they say that?

I think 3 dice and 3 targets is enough, starting at 5 Range and chaining 3 more spaces.

Based solely on the fact that Mini-Blue costs more than the other wyrmies, Big Blue could well cost more the the other bigs, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units