Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old March 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Essentially, the price is the same, $2 per fig. However, they tried this with Mechwarrior Wolf Strike. They upped the price and raised the number of mechs in the boosters. What they didn't tell everyone up front was that they increased the likelihood of you getting crappy mechs that you wouldn't want anyway. Now Mechwarrior has no further announced releases of blind purchase boosters and Wolf Strike was an absolute disaster for them. They seem intent on killing every game they have.

Nice.
I can't argue with the odds of getting crappy units, but I do have to say something on that quote. The reason WK even attempted to mess with the booster layout was for two reasons. 1. Was to raise the price due to price increase for the production, and 2. because they were trying new things out.

WK and MW have been hit so hard so bad lately that MW is now in a testing stage. They are trying out different kinds of things to see what the players want, and what will work. In most cases, a WK game surely does collapse. It is sad to see a game die so early especially when people are playing it and asking for more.

And as far as I am aware, Wolf Strike was not a disaster, I would lean towards it being sold out. Wk does seem to be trying to fix things now, unlike previous other times.

Old March 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I'm curious about this statement...

Quote:
2. Character cards for figures just like in Horrorclix (this is an excellent idea).
So does this mean the previous sets of HeroClix are now null because they didn't come with character cards?
As far as I can tell there will still be the SAC (Special Ability Card) that lists all the powers but the cards allow them to add one-off powers for individual figures and have them listed on the card. They can also give specific names to powers and the generic name for the power in parenthesis to add more uniqueness to the characters (Just like in Horrorclix):

The one-off abilities don't have a generic name and the renamed abilities have their generic name in parenthesis.

I've seen a few games where players will bring in Heroclix figures into Horrorclix and they looked like a lot of fun to play.

Newb.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:23 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfPeace
Quote:
Essentially, the price is the same, $2 per fig. However, they tried this with Mechwarrior Wolf Strike. They upped the price and raised the number of mechs in the boosters. What they didn't tell everyone up front was that they increased the likelihood of you getting crappy mechs that you wouldn't want anyway. Now Mechwarrior has no further announced releases of blind purchase boosters and Wolf Strike was an absolute disaster for them. They seem intent on killing every game they have.

Nice.
I can't argue with the odds of getting crappy units, but I do have to say something on that quote. The reason WK even attempted to mess with the booster layout was for two reasons. 1. Was to raise the price due to price increase for the production, and 2. because they were trying new things out.

WK and MW have been hit so hard so bad lately that MW is now in a testing stage. They are trying out different kinds of things to see what the players want, and what will work. In most cases, a WK game surely does collapse. It is sad to see a game die so early especially when people are playing it and asking for more.

And as far as I am aware, Wolf Strike was not a disaster, I would lean towards it being sold out. Wk does seem to be trying to fix things now, unlike previous other times.
To be fair, I've not investigated it that far. All I know is that no one seems to be moving Wolf Strike in my area; very few people play this here; and to top it off they did exactly what you said: started the test phase.

IMO, the overall quality of WS was so bad in the brick that I got, it put me off of buying anything else. I pre-ordered the battlepack that is coming out next month out of habit and I've had buyer's remorse every since. I'm seriously about to put most of my stuff up on eBay.

For clarification regarding my previous feelings about eBay: It's not eBay itself that I dislike. I don't agree with selling things there that have typically been given or traded amongst members of this community. eBay itself is not the problem (although they do have their share).

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:28 AM

kanegrundar has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
If the game had been like this in the beginning I might not have given up on it... that and if it had been easier to find Nightcrawler.

No, what would've made Heroclix a great game would be if they had done what Heroscape does... no blind purchases. I spent twice as much on Heroscape as I did on Heroclix... maybe I should tell them that.
Amen to that. While I'll pick up a couple boosters from each new set, I tend to buy the specific figs that I want off from dealers that sell singles. I've picked up a lot of the new action packs though. I love that they are offering those for sale through shops now. Non-blind is definantly the way to go for me. I just wish D&D Minis would put out non-blind packs...
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
Quote:
To be fair, I've not investigated it that far. All I know is that no one seems to be moving Wolf Strike in my area; very few people play this here; and to top it off they did exactly what you said: started the test phase.

IMO, the overall quality of WS was so bad in the brick that I got, it put me off of buying anything else. I pre-ordered the battlepack that is coming out next month out of habit and I've had buyer's remorse every since. I'm seriously about to put most of my stuff up on eBay.

For clarification regarding my previous feelings about eBay: It's not eBay itself that I dislike. I don't agree with selling things there that have typically been given or traded amongst members of this community. eBay itself is not the problem (although they do have their share).
I had not known that you even played Mechs. In my area the WS was selling like hot cakes. I was only able to get three packs out of how ever many cases they had. The venue I go to has two store fronts, and sadly, I can't get to the one that plays Mechs. Regardless, I know that the game is starting to do better in my general area.

The only reason I want MW to stick around is so that Battletech can...

Old April 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
WK just put another DC set page on their site:

Justice League:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix....asp?cid=41364

I'm looking forward to this one! Even though the main JL figures have been in almost every DC Set, it will be nice to see which secondary JL figures the include. It's time for another Rocket Red figure, imo.

Also, I like the look of this new DC HC Starter:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix....asp?cid=41265

LoSH! Yeah!!

For the Marvelites!

The Avenger Set is due out soon:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix....asp?cid=41366

Just like the DC Heroes, many of the main Avengers have been in sets already but the secondaries could make it a great set.

Newb.
Old April 12th, 2007, 06:47 PM

Zarash has disabled reputation
I have always loved heroclix. Me and my friends used to play every weekend until he moved a little farther away. The thing that turned me off were the insane prices for some of the figures in the set. I wanted to get an Ultimate Thor and a few other figures but they were around 45 dollars at that time. I am not going to pay 45 for 1 little figure but I almost paid 150 for Galactus. He is not worth that much either. I am glad I did not make the purchase. Funny how the mind works you won't pay one price for one thing but you will for something equally as dumb lol.

I do not like the cards very much it adds more complications that does not need to be added. I mean the feat cards and all the others. Actually I stopped playing right at the time that they came out. It just added many more variables I did not want to mess with. I still play the game some. I guess it will always have a little place in my heart. I have almost all of the Brotherhood and my brother has alot of the X-men figures. We have games of the Brotherhood vs the X-men alot of times.

I have alot of old mechwarrior figures that I really have not played. They started changing the rules alot and I did not know what to follow at that time.I can't use any of the pilots and all of the cards because all the stuff I have is to old. This is another thing I think these cards really made the game more complicated. They should not have added any of the cards or when they did add them they needed to be play tested alot or made them only usable to some factions or some certain figures. To help out the figures in both heroclix and mw that needed help at that time.

I traded alot of warhammer 40k stuff for the MW figures. Most of them are before AOD. I need to relook at the rules and try to play a few games. Needless to say it will probally be without any cards etc.

Its funny I spent alot of money in Heroclix but I bet I have spent almost just as much in Heroscape. I do not like how Wizkids have LE figures thats another thing that irritates me some. What if people do not live near a place that has competitons? It makes it unfair to the people that want to play but can't because there is no where near where they live to play games at. Its almost like Wizkids is rubbing your face in it saying if you can't go then guess what your screwed.
Old April 12th, 2007, 10:11 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarash
I have always loved heroclix. Me and my friends used to play every weekend until he moved a little farther away. The thing that turned me off were the insane prices for some of the figures in the set. I wanted to get an Ultimate Thor and a few other figures but they were around 45 dollars at that time. I am not going to pay 45 for 1 little figure but I almost paid 150 for Galactus. He is not worth that much either. I am glad I did not make the purchase. Funny how the mind works you won't pay one price for one thing but you will for something equally as dumb lol.

I do not like the cards very much it adds more complications that does not need to be added. I mean the feat cards and all the others. Actually I stopped playing right at the time that they came out. It just added many more variables I did not want to mess with. I still play the game some. I guess it will always have a little place in my heart. I have almost all of the Brotherhood and my brother has alot of the X-men figures. We have games of the Brotherhood vs the X-men alot of times.

I have alot of old mechwarrior figures that I really have not played. They started changing the rules alot and I did not know what to follow at that time.I can't use any of the pilots and all of the cards because all the stuff I have is to old. This is another thing I think these cards really made the game more complicated. They should not have added any of the cards or when they did add them they needed to be play tested alot or made them only usable to some factions or some certain figures. To help out the figures in both heroclix and mw that needed help at that time.

I traded alot of warhammer 40k stuff for the MW figures. Most of them are before AOD. I need to relook at the rules and try to play a few games. Needless to say it will probally be without any cards etc.

Its funny I spent alot of money in Heroclix but I bet I have spent almost just as much in Heroscape. I do not like how Wizkids have LE figures thats another thing that irritates me some. What if people do not live near a place that has competitons? It makes it unfair to the people that want to play but can't because there is no where near where they live to play games at. Its almost like Wizkids is rubbing your face in it saying if you can't go then guess what your screwed.
That is almost my experience verbatim.

What pushed me over the edge was when one set came out and I spent 150 bucks and didn't even complete HALF a set. That was very disappointing. I still have my figs, but never play. I will keep picking up singles of cool sculpts, like the Batman team Superman LE.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:49 PM

The new Red Skull (carrying the Cosmic Cube) from the upcoming Avengers set:

Excellent looking fig and standing on Cap's shield is a nice touch.

Newb.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:49 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
The new Red Skull (carrying the Cosmic Cube) from the upcoming Avengers set:

Excellent looking fig and standing on Cap's shield is a nice touch.

Newb.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
I know nothing about the game and have never played it competitively, but my local Meijer store was unloading a lot of their CCG/CSG stuff awhile back, so I thought 'what the heck!' and bought a box of Universe boosters that was clearanced for $7.99.

I've read up on the rules via WK's site and played a quick game against my son to get my feet wet, but for the life of me there is one question I couldn't find answered, if one of you veteran clix'ers could help me out:

What is the deal with the colored bases?

No, I'm not talking about the REV rings and the uniques and LEs and stuff, I mean why is Mandarin's base reversed from the way the others are mounted, where half the ring casing is cast in yellow plastic? I think of the 16 figures I'd opened, 14 were black based, while Mandarin's base was yellow and Sabretooth's was blue, and I think both were mounted to their bases reversed from how the all-black dials are constructed (if that makes any sense).

Is there any rhyme-or-reason for this? I poked around WK and HCRealms, but came away with nothing, as every search I do re: color of course just goes back into the REV/YBR rings on the top of the dial, which I already understood.

I will say, WizKids production quality makes Heroscape figs look like Warhammer masterpieces in comparison. Seems like a pretty cool game with more diversity than the Marvel Heroscape set, but boy, do these paint jobs blow, with a capital 'B'!
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:24 PM

The colored bases represent figures with Archenemies. Figures with the same colored base cannot be on the same team. Iron Man/Mandarin, Captain America/Red Skull, Wolverine/Sabertooth, etc.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games