Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 10th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Night Thrasher

The Book of Night Thrasher

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 26
MOTLEY CREW

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers Assemble set.
Its model number and name are #38/ Night Thrasher.

Character Bio - Night Thrasher is the founder and leader of the New Warriors, and head of the Taylor Foundation. Although he possesses no superhuman powers, he has trained himself extensively in many martial arts, and is adept at building technological devices. Dwayne Michael Taylor led a hard life. As a child in New York City, he saw his wealthy parents slain before his very eyes. This event drove him to hone himself into a human fighting machine in the pursuit of vengeance. Over time, this desire for revenge later evolved into an obsessive desire to punish all wrongdoers. Night Thrasher meticulously researched several young solo heroes and selected three as targets for recruitment. The first of his recruits was Richard Rider, second Firestar, and finally Marvel boy. They agreed to form a new team, the New Warriors, after a label given to them by a reporter.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Night Thrasher may bond with Crime Fighters with his New Warriors special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
31 March 2021 - Updated how glyphs with tags are referenced

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 14th, 2022 at 07:19 PM.
Old August 10th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Night Thrasher (Breathing)

NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

SKATE PACK 2
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to two Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Night Thrasher can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2. Night Thrasher cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. Night Thrasher adds one to his Defense number while equipped with Glyph of Fiberglass Skateboard.

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Night Thrasher, you may take a turn with a Crime Fighter you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Night Thrasher, adding 1 to its Attack number if it is Reckless. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ESCRIMA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

Last edited by LordVenoc; March 31st, 2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed "Utility:"
Old August 10th, 2020, 11:10 AM
Forum Moderator

Comic Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; September 22nd, 2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old August 10th, 2020, 07:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks pretty good over all. I feel like I'd prefer we figure out how to keep the SA up at 3 att. dice.
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:30 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is Escrima SA from Nightwing not an option here? Seems like Battle Staves is so mechanically close that you might as well use an established option.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:51 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Is Escrima SA from Nightwing not an option here? Seems like Battle Staves is so mechanically close that you might as well use an established option.
It's really really close. Only a slight difference with the enemy rolling less defense dice for each skull (Which is cool). He calls his Escrima, Battle Staves and I thought that would be neat to use. I can see changing it to the Escrima Assault SA, but I just feel like it would make him a bland vanilla guy.
Old August 11th, 2020, 08:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I could see just using regular Escrima Assault, or even switching it out for Bulletproof Armor. I don't think it would make him feel vanilla at all. The little callout to his named weapons is neat as well though. Totally support the LD's choice.
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:05 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Looking good. Definitely appreciate the drop to 2 for Utility belt. Skateboard has a lot going on with it, but it seems like it'd be pretty intuitive to play. I'm wondering if the bonus for Thrasher should be bigger though, so it's nearly an auto-pick for him.

I don't think using regular eskrima assault would make him any more vanilla than Nightwing. But I also like using named comic callouts when possible, so I'm good either way.
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

One odd quirk of the Skateboard Glyph is that with the way the New Warriors are planned, if the Skateboard keys in on Dedicated Crime Fighters, then Justice and Firestar will be able to get that bonus as well. Almost makes me feel like we should open it up to all Crime Fighters? They're a goofy enough gang that I don't feel like something like "White Tiger is good at skateboarding" feels off.

Went ahead and edited in some mini pics for ya.
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What about a Utility Glyph power without Belt in the name that requires the Skateboard and pick one more?
I like an extra bonus for Night Thrasher using the Skateboard.
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:33 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Looks pretty good over all. I feel like I'd prefer we figure out how to keep the SA up at 3 att. dice.
I have went back and forth in my head with this. I like 2, but I think he would be a more formidable adversary at 3. So I WOULD like to change it to 3 attack dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I could see just using regular Escrima Assault, or even switching it out for Bulletproof Armor. I don't think it would make him feel vanilla at all. The little callout to his named weapons is neat as well though. Totally support the LD's choice.
I thought about using Bulletproof Armor. I just can't see Night Thrasher on the battlefield without his weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Looking good. Definitely appreciate the drop to 2 for Utility belt. Skateboard has a lot going on with it, but it seems like it'd be pretty intuitive to play. I'm wondering if the bonus for Thrasher should be bigger though, so it's nearly an auto-pick for him.

I don't think using regular eskrima assault would make him any more vanilla than Nightwing. But I also like using named comic callouts when possible, so I'm good either way.
That's true LP, Skateboard DOES need to benefit Night Thrasher enough to be a must pick.
This is would give him a move of 10 in a perfect situation.

POWER TEXT = During this figure's normal move, for each level of height it moves down it may move 1 additional space. This figure may not move more than 3 additional spaces during its movement, or 5 additional spaces if they are a Dedicated Crime Fighter. At any point before or during their normal move, this figure may subtract 2 from their movement to Jump 1 space, or 2 spaces if they are a Dedicated Crime Fighter. When counting spaces for Jumping movement, ignore elevations. A figure using Jump may not move more than 4 levels up or down in a single Jump. If the figure is engaged when they start to Jump, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What about a Utility Glyph power without Belt in the name that requires the Skateboard and pick one more?
I like an extra bonus for Night Thrasher using the Skateboard.
Oh snap!! Tornado, where have you been all my life!? I really like that idea. Let me write something up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library