Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 23rd, 2020, 08:25 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The passing of Jim McMcMahon

I didn't know Jim in RL, and barely interacted with him on HSers. I think the most I ever talked to him was when I interviewed him for an updated SotM three years ago. Hearing the many recountings of his character though, really makes me wish I had known him more. Or at all, really. It sounds like the world has lost a little more light.

But we're still here, and it's down to us now to carry on and spread everything which made Jim great. I think Jim himself puts it best in his closing thoughts from the SotM:

"Have fun. Every moment you have is a choice. Be sure to choose well. You can choose to be miserable, or you can choose not to. Suffering is optional."

~TGRF.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 09:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That was a very Jim thing to say. Thank you for sharing, TGRF. He asked if I was going to GenCon in 2012. It was a close call, but we weren't going to go. I gave some weak explanation, and said to him that we'd go next year. "That's too bad, because you don't know what will happen next year," he said, more or less. It was the only time he ever said anything even the slightest bit disapproving to me, and of course he was right. I never forgot.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 24th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old November 25th, 2020, 08:37 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekli...ng-jim-mcmahon

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 25th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
well said hahn
Old November 30th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Jim was a good man. Generous, kind, and sympathetic. I miss him. About a month before him falling ill, I thought about calling him, realizing it had been a while. I really regret not doing so.

I miss you buddy.
Old December 10th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I just learned of Jim's passing. Very saddened, as he seemed like such a good man. Outside of here, I met him in person once at one of the 2 GenCons I attended. I recognized him when I saw him and introduced myself and chatted for a brief time.

RIP Jim

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

I certainly remember him as a staple of this community, I'm very sorry to hear this.

RIP, Jim

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 26th, 2020, 06:54 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jim was one cool dude.

We spoke at length one gencon about how funny it was that all these people were gathered to play a game designed for children.

Saddened by the loss of another great guy.

Old January 17th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Very sorry to read this. RIP, Jim.

Stopped by to look for some 4 player maps and found out about Jim and Rev.

I had not played HS in a few years, but we broke out the terrain and played a match in their honor. I even managed to introduce the game to a couple of newbies.
Old January 17th, 2021, 12:57 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Sad to hear he passed. I really didn’t know Jim well but I did meet him a few times, and he was a familiar face as he was friends with a lot of the higher ups from back in the day. I know he was known for his comedy, I’m sure many gaming groups had a lot of laughs because of him. Rest In Peace.
Old January 20th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'm saddened by this one too... he was the kind of guy who'd give you the shirt off of his back and thank you for the opportunity to do so. Truly kind and generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 9th, 2021, 04:06 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Ran into some pics the other day of he and I hanging out. I miss him...sucks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News