Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:34 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner Thread

Having just played the Mohicans last night, I'm going with Legoboy. The Mohicans were so versatile it was ridiculous. They ripped through an army base of TBR and Stingers x4.

If nothing else, I think sheer numbers will win against the Protectors here.

And Killercactus, I would normally agree about the rats, however, one thing we discovered last night, is that you can leave a few Mohicans engaged in the middle of the map, and because of their defensive bonus and concealment, they will last a decent amount of time. It enables you to sweep around the sides to shoot at range, and it keeps Brave Arrow active, who needs two of them to be engaged. Also, it seems to bait the player to come closer to your figures. With only a range of 5, the Protectors have a tough decision to make.

Last edited by Kaemon Awasome; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to present to you the battle report from our first Wave 9 battle. To remind you: our armies had to include at least 350 points of Wave 9 figures, and we played on Jexik’s Derelict board from the Gencon contest. Pictures of this battle will be posted soon (hopefully) check back soon to see the visuals.

The armies were as followed:
Captain Canuck:
Atlaga
Protectors of Ullar (x3)
Raelin (RotV)

My army, with Atlaga right up front and Raelin somewhere in there.

Legoboy:
Tul-Bak-Ra
Brave Arrow
Isamu
Mohicans (x3)
Marro Dividers (x2)

Legoboy's army; complete with Marro wearing Mexican wrestling masks, Mohicans not wearing much of anything and Isamu wearing a look of bewilderment trying to figure out why he is in this battle.

ROUND 1: Cap’n wins initiative
1C- Protectors move out and take to the heights.
1L- Isamu takes to the road and moves opposite my Protectors.
2C- Raelin moves and snuggles up next to the Protectors.
2L- TBR teleports across the board and takes out 1 Protector in my starting zone.
3C- The Protectors on height turn around and clobber the cheese whiz out of TBR. The first roll (4 dice) inflicts 2 wounds, the next attack (6 dice) inflicts 2 more wounds, and the final attack (8 dice) sends TBR to that great hive in the sky. TBR is able to teleport 4 divider reinforcements.
3L- Mohicans come out and do no damage against Raelin or the Protectors.

Tul-Bak-Ra is fodder against Protectors on height (not pictured). His recently teleported goon squad is still trying to figure out what happened to him. BTW- an arbalest is a powerful medieval crossbow with a steel bow, used to shoot stones, metal balls, arrows, etc. Thank you dictionary.com

There are my Protectors. Isamu thinks he is being sneaky, but we know he is there.
TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy=TBR; Cap’n=1Protector

ROUND 2: Legoboy wins initiative
1L- Isamu engages Raelin but does no damage.
1C- The Protectors destroy Isamu, and kills one of the teleported Dividers, however Legoboy rolls 19 and the Marro is saved.
2L- The teleported Dividers put 2 wounds on Atlaga, and 2 on Raelin.
2C- The Protectors kills 2 Dividers, but Legoboy rolls 18 on the 2nd attack and brings back the previously destroyed Divider. My last attacking Protector, once again, destroys the Marro.
3L- The Mohicans move and finish off Raelin.
3C- My enraged Protectors kill the offending Mohican, but miss on other attacks.

Ouch. Raelin going down hurts no matter what you still have left.

TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy= TBR, Isamu, 1 Mohican, 1 Divider; Cap’n=Raelin, 1 Protector

ROUND 3: Cap’n wins initiative
1C- My Protectors on heights are on the move. One protector takes a glyph (defense +1) the other 2 take the height and engage 2 Mohicans and immediately destroy them.
1L- The Marro kill Atlaga.
2C- I move my 2nd set of Protectors to height and kill 2 Marro, but Legoboy rolls 20 and they both remain on the board (that cell divide is a real pain in the #!@$ to deal with).
2L- A Marro engages my Protector on the glyph, but misses. However, another Marro kills a Protector in my start zone.
3C- My Protectors advance and kill 3 Mohicans.
3L- A Mohican kills a Protector from my 2nd set.

First Realin and now Atlaga. This is getting costly. It isn't like Kyrie heroes are a dime a dozen.

Thank the Moon Tribe I have that Protector firmly planted on the defense glyph over there.

TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy=TBR, Isamu, 6 Mohicans, 1 Marro; Capn=Raelin, Atlaga, 3 Protectors

ROUND 4: Cap’n wins initiative
1C- My 2nd set of Protectors kill 2 Dividers in my start zone.
1L- A Divider kills a Protector from my 3rd set in my start zone.
2C- My Protectors kill the 2 more Marro.
2L- The last Marro whiffs at the Protector on the glyph.
3C- My Protectors kill one Mohican.
3L- The Mohicans take out 2 Protectors (I roll all skulls with 5 dice!!! I couldn’t do that again if I tried!!).

Brave Arrow looks pretty lonely back here. I worked hard keeping his River Tribe from getting engaged.

TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy=TBR, Isamu, 7 Mohicans, 5 Marro; Cap’n=Raelin, Atlaga, 6 Protectors.

ROUND 5: Legoboy’s 3 beats the Captain’s 1 (Pathetic)!!!!

Here's where all the action is. You can see my coveted glyph there on the right side.

1L- The last Marro whiffs at the Protector on the glyph.
1C- My remaining 3 protectors attack 2 Mohicans and the last Marro and come up empty all three times (the dice are hating me)!!
2L- The Mohicans move in and do nothing (the dice apparently are hating both of us)!!
2C- At this point, I have 1 Protector engaged to a Mohican, 1 Protector unengaged on height, and 1 Protector on the D+1 glyph engaged to the last Marro. The unengaged Protector wounds the engaged Mohican, but Legoboy rolls 20 and the Mohican successfully conceals himself. The other Protector whiff against his engaged Mohican. The other Protector whiffs against the Marro.
3L- Brave Arrow climbs over the battlement (this is gonna be troublesome).
3C- The unengaged Protector again wounds the engaged Mohican, and Legoboy rolls 20 AGAIN!!! Legoboy should buy lottery tickets tonight!!

Another look down into that quagmire. Brave Arrow may be too late to get to the Tribal Ball at this rate. I wish that Marro would go away!

TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy=TBR, Isamu, 7 Mohicans, 5 Marro; Cap’n=Raelin, Atlaga, 6 Protectors (a death free round)!!

ROUND 6: Cap’n wins initiative
1C- The unengaged Protector FINALLY kills the engaged Mohican. The 2 other Protectors miss.
1L- Brave Arrow takes up residence next to the previously engaged Protector, but does no damage.
2C- The other Protector comes over to engage Brave Arrow, and the 2 Protectors look put a combined arbalest whoopin’ on him, but miss. Ugghh!!
2L- The remaining Marro tries to kill the Protector on the D+1 glyph, but fails.
3C- The Protectors put 3 hits on Brave Arrow, and finally kill off final Marro.
3L- A Mohican kills one of the Protectors engaged to Brave Arrow.

TOTAL DEATH COUNT: Legoboy=TBR, Isamu, 8 Mohicans, 6 Marro; Cap’n=Raelin, Atlaga, 7 Protectors

ROUND 7: Legoboy wins initiative.
1L- A Mohican kills the Protector on the glyph.
1C- My lonely Protector cannot finish off Brave Arrow.
2L- Brave Arrow cannot finish off my Protector.
2C- The Protector still cannot finish Brave Arrow (lots of slappin’ and no contact)!!
3L- Legoboy struggles with deciding between taking the D+1 glyph or engaging the Protector. He decides to engage the Protector and whiffs.
3C- My Protector sends Brave Arrow to join his ancestors in the sky.

WHAT’S LEFT: 1 Protector and 1 Mohican

ROUND 8: Initiative here is HUGE, and it goes to…….THE CAPTAIN
1C- My final Protector pummels Daniel Day Lewis (The Last Mohican, for those too young to remember), for the victory!!!!!!

My victorious Protector gazes down at the carnage around him. He's glad he has wings and doesn't have to tread out of that mess.

Things learned: The Protectors are awesome hero killers; with good D20 luck, the Dividers and the Mohicans can be slippery buggers.

To those who picked me to win, I bid you thanks and congratulation. To those who did not pick me to win, there is plenty of room on my bandwagon- hop on!! The next game will be next week- day/time TBD. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Captain Canuck; July 5th, 2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added the pics
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Bahahaha, I knew it. Good job, congrats

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, this really puts into perspective just how much luck is needed to play this game sometimes.

Moral of the story, if you are a lucky individual, play Dividers and Mohicans.
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Sounded like a good game. I picked right. Yay!

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:37 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

First off, I know I misplayed TBR, just didn't know it at the time. I loved bringing reinforcements clear across the map like that though. Gave the Captain someone else to worry about besides just Raelin and her group, he had to help Atlaga now. Isamu missing on 5 dice hurt, but my dice were abysmal all day. Any time you have to live and die by the d20 you are going to lose. It helped to bring 3 Dividers back, and the MRT to concel themselves 3 times, but luck like that is going to run out eventually.

Good game, Captain.
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
First off, I know I misplayed TBR, just didn't know it at the time. I loved bringing reinforcements clear across the map like that though. Gave the Captain someone else to worry about besides just Raelin and her group, he had to help Atlaga now. Isamu missing on 5 dice hurt, but my dice were abysmal all day. Any time you have to live and die by the d20 you are going to lose. It helped to bring 3 Dividers back, and the MRT to concel themselves 3 times, but luck like that is going to run out eventually.

Good game, Captain.
After I lose a battle, I usually go back and try to figure our how I could have won. Although I'm not a big fan of TBR, I think that he is best used in an initial attack on a key figure. If in your first move, TBR had teleported to Raelin and prevented her from going to the Protectors, he would probably have been more useful.

Still, it sounds like a fun battle.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
If in your first move, TBR had teleported to Raelin and prevented her from going to the Protectors, he would probably have been more useful.
Actually, that was my plan. I had hoped that moving Isamu out would spook Raelin into staying screened. Raelin is the only figure in that game that would give Isamu his bonus. Had Raelin stayed in Captain's starting zone, TBR would have been all over her. Captain did the smart thing and moved her onto a different level, where TBR couldn't touch her, and far enough that he couldn't mind blast her.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Its time for another battle. We will be playing tomorrow night, Wednesday, so its a quick turn around. This will be our last battle for a while, as vacations and whatnot happen. This week we will be playing on Spring Thaw by Retlaw. As usual, we'll be using two random glyphs. Hopefully, this time I can actually control one for a while.

By random chance this wek it was decided that we would play using our Wave Wars format. We each rolled a d20 and the last digit of the roll gave us our wave number. At least 350 points, using at least 2 heroes and a squad, were to be selected from our determined wave. The remaining 150 points was our own, to be used as we felt necessary

Captain Canuck's Wave 7 Warriors
Cyprien Essenwein
Sonya Essenwein
Krug
Ashigaru Harquebus x3

Legoboy's Wave 6 Wonders
Kee-Mo-Shi
Runa
Ornak
Isamu
Heavy Gruts x2

What do you think? Which army has what it takes to walk with pride? Which one will go home with his tail tucked between his legs?

Last edited by legoboy; July 7th, 2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: doh! Thanks for the catch cactus.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Its time for another battle. We will be playing tomorrow night, Wednesday, so its a quick turn around. This will be our last battle for a while, as vacations and whatnot happen. This week we will be playing on Spring Thaw by Retlaw. As usual, we'll be using two random glyphs. Hopefully, this time I can actually control one for a while.

By random chance this wek it was decided that we would play using our Wave Wars format. We each rolled a d20 and the last digit of the roll gave us our wave number. At least 350 points, using at least 2 heroes and a squad, were to be selected from our determined wave. The remaining 150 points was our own, to be used as we felt necessary

Captain Canuck's Wave 7 Warriors
Cyprien Essenwein
Sonya Essenwein
Krug
Ashigaru Harquebus x3

Legoboy's Wave 5 Wonders
Kee-Mo-Shi
Runa
Ornak
Isamu
Heavy Gruts x2

What do you think? Which army has what it takes to walk with pride? Which one will go home with his tail tucked between his legs?

I'll have to go with the Captain here.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:11 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Legoboy, I hope you actually rolled for Wave 6, because it looks like that's the Wave you're using (if it was Wave 5, you'd probably be playing Nakitas, Cowboys and Deathreavers or something).

The Captain's army looks stronger, but legoboy has good synergy and he has Runa! However, I'm going to vote against Runa and take the Captain. Again, range = good, especially range with WTF against all melee.

Since I voted for CC, the rest of you can vote for legoboy, because Runa is going to be super mad at me and probably Mitonsoul Cyprien.

But, my final vote: Captain (3-1 entering this round).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM

I thought about using Kaemon Awa (LOVE Kaemon Awa) and the Tagawa Archers, but thought I would switch it up. Its just a friendly game and we mix things up each week to keep from using only the stronger units. Plus, if I can steal away a win with the less favorable units, then thats just good stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports