Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 24th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Sujoah

The Book of Sujoah
Aquilla's Alliance - "Heroes of the Quagmire"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: - The beautiful young Priestess of the Moon bravely presses forward. Her torch dimly lights the cavern ahead.

The girl is far from her temple home, and the sun is already sinking from the sky. She’s going to be in trouble when she gets back, but she can’t shake her driving curiosity.

“Sujoah, do you think we are the first to ever be down here?” The priestess poses the question to the tiny burrfly buzzing about her head.

Burrflies are aggressive little jungle bugs with painful stings, they are considered pests to most Ticallian kyrie, but this one is a friend. The priestess once set out sweets for the little guy, and it has been her odd companion ever since.

The girl moves forward, through chamber after chamber of the mysterious caves.

“Something tells me we are not the first to be down here after all, Sujoah! Look at this, it is beautiful!” The priestess raises a yellow stone attached to the end of a silver chain. Carefully she clasps the amulet around her delicate neck.

“Let’s go this way!” The girl cries with delight as she heads through a passage at the south end of the chamber, her pet burrfly following closely behind. The narrow passage opens up into vast cavern with a pool of sparkling water at its center.

“Oh wow, look at the water, it’s such a pretty shade of blue. And look how it sparkles! I’m going to taste it.”

The girl stoops down, cups the crystal clear water in her hands, and drinks.

Heehehehe, it tickles all the way down!”

Standing, the young priestess moves to the outside of the great room, playfully running her fingers along the wall.

“Oh! What is this?! There are runes written here, but I can’t tell what they say.”

The priestess shifts her burning torch to her left hand and reaches up to touch a set of runes with her right. Then, compelled by a will not wholly her own, she drops her torch and presses both hands against the wall, each on a different set of runes.

A blue glow fills the room, radiating forth from the sparkling pool. Images race through the young girl’s mind, visions of far away worlds and strange peoples.

The yellow amulet around the girl’s neck begins to radiate an intense light. She turns around and faces the pool of water. An ancient knowledge floods her mind. Her pupils roll back in her head and her feet lift off the ground without a single flap of her wings. Then the light fades and the girl drops to her knees.

The priestess wakes. She reaches for her discarded torch and holds it up in front of her.

Aieeeeee!

Screeching, she drops her torch a second time. Then with a sudden calm knowing she picks it up again.

“Sujoah… you’re so… so… so BIG!”
(Hasbro)

(Images courtesy of truth)
No. Even though it doesn't explicitly state it, the reason he continues to roll for poison damage is because the wound is still being inflicted. If the wound were ignored, you would stop rolling for Poison Sting Special Attack.
Special Case: For a power like Crixus & Migol's One Shield Defense, if you inflicted at least 1 wound on the initial attack roll, even though that's the MOST you could hit them with, inflicting the wound, will still trigger the poison roll. If you roll a 10-19, you can't inflict the wound, so you can't re-roll, but if you roll a 20, the defending figure would STILL be destroyed! (Hasbro FAQ)

- POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Ignore wound(s) just received OR all wounds?
If a power that "ignores wounds just received" (like Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree Aura) triggers on the poison roll, does it allow the defending figure to ignore ALL wounds from the attack?
No. Only the wound(s) that were just inflicted when the power was triggered. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
- FYORLAG SPIDERS : Predator Bonding
As a Predator, Sujoah may benefit from Fyorlag Spiders' PREDATOR BONDING activation bonus.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, Sujoah may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord's RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack enhancement.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

- TBA

First Impressions
Army Ideas

Power Ranking and Master Index

B

Unit Strategy Review

- TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 26th, 2023 at 03:02 PM. Reason: VC Synergy added - Amberhive Protectors
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Sujoah

I just played this today:

185 Sujoah
120 Spiders x3
100 Oni
090 Warden 816

I faced a unique hodge-podge and won. Oni evil-eyed one Krav, then imploded. Next up were Sujoah and the Spiders. I left the big bug stationary on his first bonding turn, trying to keep him from getting hung out to dry with no little blocker buddies. That paid off big-time as Sujoah attacked Q9 on low ground. The spiders engaged the Krav on a hilltop above just in time to keep them from putting the last wounds on him. Sujoah died next, and the Warden and several spiders were left to fight it out against Kaemon, Isamu, and rats. I finally won with one spider still living and one wound left on the Warden.

LESSONS LEARNED: Even with 8 flying, Sujoah can very very easily lose first strike. Also, my opponent's response to getting his Q9 engaged by Sujoah was to place no markers on the Major (in case of sudden death by poison) and blast away with the elevated Krav instead. If the spiders had not been right on time, this plan would have worked perfectly. One possible solution to both problems is to not move Sujoah on the first spider marker. Letting the enemy get closer (and the spiders get a head start) before Sujoah took wing greatly increased the performance of the whole bonding group. I know this won't always be the best move, especially on a map with glyphs, but I expect I'll use it regularly.
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:57 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Those are some great points, rdhight. I'd never thought of leaving Sujoah alone on his first bonding turn.

Also, your buddy leaving the Major OM-less once engaged by Sujoah is a nice swing your way. Sujoah is such a beast at killing heroes, he can change the game in many forms.

Nice post.
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Though it seems fairly obvious to me, the question has been asked here if you get to keep rolling for Sujoah's Poison Sting until you roll less than a 10 or if you can only roll twice.

The answer, of course, is that you may keep rolling until you roll less than a 10 or the hero is destroyed.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; June 28th, 2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Having written a bunch of the recent books myself, Shackle, I'm a little jealous that you got to Sujoah before I did. I had the honor of trying him out last night, and he is pure, molten evil. He only got to poison one figure, but he did it 3 times in a row, straight to the death. The unlucky victim's name? Kaimon Awa!
Old July 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM

yari commander Woo who?

I dont know if this is the right spot but i have found that Sujoah and zelrig work really good together. throw in some spiders and you got your self a nice army there

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old July 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari commander View Post
I dont know if this is the right spot but i have found that Sujoah and zelrig work really good together. throw in some spiders and you got your self a nice army there
Then some KMA! Sujoah for the hero killer, Zelrig for the squad killer and throw in spiders and KMA for a cool army.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I'll add some content. I've been playing Sujoah and the Fyorlag Spiders off-and-on in draft games. Not a big fan of bonding armies with only one hero (or having 305 points of melee figures in my army!), but I have more respect for the bugs than I thought I would. That 8 and 7 move is a big, big help.

1. I tried Sujoah alone and with spiders x2, but I think spiders x3 is the right thing to do unless you badly need the start zone spaces or points for something critical. If you're up against something like Cyprien, Zombies, or Tagawas that will thrive on your spiders, you're probably going to be better off ditching the whole Aquilla crowd and going another route altogether. Unless you're fighting soulborgs, Cyprien and Venom are miles better than a non-bonding Sujoah.

2. Against almost all enemies, you want Sujoah and the spiders to engage simultaneously or close to it. You want to get the maximum possible four-attack turns. If you fly Sujoah forward 8 spaces on the first spider marker, it's likely that you'll end up getting just his one attack for a turn or two, then a turn or two of four attacks, and then Sujoah will die early with lots of non-bonding spiders left running around. Often, I'll use Sujoah's first turn to move him onto road or height near my start zone and let some spiders get a head start. There are those times when you just have to get that glyph, or engage with Zelrig, or what-have-you, but letting the spiders run ahead does seem to work well in many cases.

3. It's more convenient to have Sujoah die first, not the spiders. If you have two or three of those 2-defense spiders left and Sujoah is barely scratched, you have to look ahead and predict which order markers are safe to put on the spiders and which aren't. It leads to waste. With spiders x3, you're more likely to have a comfortable supply of the squad figures left when their boss dies, so they can seamlessly continue on with no loss of turns (often blocking for the next ranged wave coming up behind).

4. Don't be seduced by Entangling Web or Poison Sting. It is not a requirement to entangle in order to get good use out of the spiders. Some games, you won't entangle. Some games, you'll never even be in a position to entangle. That doesn't mean they stink. Likewise, drafting Sujoah doesn't mean you have the "right" to poison everyone to death. I think of him as having a 4 attack against 1-life figures and in the neighborhood of a 5-6 attack against multi-lifers. And just like the guy with 6 attack dice sometimes whiffs, so will the sting special attack. Just be glad it is a special attack and therefore has some little perks attached.

5. Use Sujoah to influence your opponent to draft squads. Point 4 notwithstanding, the nice thing about this bonding group's d20 powers is that they do in fact work against all sizes/races/classes/etc., so that the main thing they can do to counter-draft you is to take a bunch of squads and decrease the attack power of Poison Sting. If you have a hankering to play Zelrig, DW8000, or your squad-killer of choice, Sujoah may bring your prey to you.
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

To provide the flip-side to rdhight's 5th point (an excellent, rep-raising post, by the way) I found that Sujoah + Spiders go very well against the new elf wizard army. Their low defense means that you are much more likely to get Poison Sting Special Attack to work properly, as well as put some extra wounds on with the spiders.
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I had the pleasure of facing Sujoah and 3 x spiders and 2 x 4th Mass with my Zelrig, 3 x 10th Regiment; spiders died, Sujoah ran away, 4th Mass got cooked.
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Strange has disabled reputation

Rev, that sounds like poor strategy on your opponent's part. In such a case, Sujoah should engage Zelrig as soon as possible! They're both 4/4/6 life: with the side benefit of Poison Sting, Sujoah has a better-than-average chance of offing Zelrig first. Also, there's no true bonding in your army. Spiders can continue nibbling at the 10th's heels until Sujoah dies, at which point you're probably left with a Revolutionary War shootout between the untouched 4th Mass. and a weakened 10th Regiment. (But you'd probably still win.)

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I realized, that if you go with that Sujoah, Zelrig, and Krav plan, you have 30 points left for a standard 500 point army. That doesn't leave much room for x3 spiders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units