Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

#1.) I can make either date or location, Reading - Sat. 10/19/13 or Jenkintown - Sat. 10/26/13; or any date and/or location in between. Since I'm retarded RETIRED, I have plenty of time on my hands (butt not too much), as long as I can plan such a looong 'All Day Trip' in advance.

#2.) Please revise the "WHO's COMING" list, because the appearance of: "shooter1," Shooter2," and "SHOOTER3" is making me feel like a victimized TARGET already and causing an unnecessarily high level of Pre-Event Anxiety ; - ) //:just kidding:// It will be good to see them boyz again and give them a taste of my Ion Cannons. ~~lol~~

#3.) On a more serious note... I have been playing some hot X-Wing games with a Southern New Jersey gaming group that is just getting started and they will be holding their FIRST Tournament this SUNDAY 10/13/13 at high (12:00) n00n at All The Kings Men (FLGS) on Broadway, in PITMAN, NJ, where we have previously had HS tournaments. It will be 100 point games during 75 minute rounds. Is any one else interested in coming to this one?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 13th, 2013, 12:11 AM

Shooter McGavin has disabled reputation

Hi guys. Ed, Eric and I can make it the 26th. The 19th would be out for us though. I already had a vacation day scheduled from work for the 26th so that would work great.

Skulls on defense, Shields on attack....That's how I roll. 19-16 tournament record.
Member of the smallest HS group ever.
Go Skook Scapers!
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post

#3.) On a more serious note... I have been playing some hot X-Wing games with a Southern New Jersey gaming group that is just getting started and they will be holding their FIRST Tournament this SUNDAY 10/13/13 at high (12:00) n00n at All The Kings Men (FLGS) at #62 So. Broadway, in PITMAN, NJ, where we have previously had HS tournaments. It will be 1OO point games during 75 minute rounds. Is any one else interested in coming to this one?
We had eight players show up for this: Of course Brian the organizer from Pitman, ME from Cape May, a Joe from my old stomping grounds of Monmouth County, another Joe from Haddonfield, a Pete from Delaware, Paul his brother Justin, and a Ben from nearby communities. We got started around 12:40-ish and finished by 5:30. At 75 minutes per game, we only got in three games each, but that was sufficient to determine a 1st, 2nd, & a tied for 3rd place winners who got store credit prizes and we all got an "ATKM" store logo T-Shirt and some FF trinkets (plastic Stress Tokens).

I went with a generic fleet with NO upgrade cards, so I wouldn't have to try to remember all of those idiosyncrasies and could concentrate more ('Focus') on maneuvering... 5x Imperial Tie Interceptors, all with Skill Level 3 Avenger Squadron Pilots at 20 points each.
FIRST GAME: Against Pete, I took out both of his X-Wings, but got destroyed up by his two B-Wings. LOSS (0-1)
SECOND GAME: Against Joe-2 the elder, I was impressed by his careful synergistic planning that used pilots and upgrade cards in the HWK to enhance his X-Wing and A-Wing; I went after the "A" first as it seemed like the easiest target and took it out with only minor damage to two of my ships; the HWK was right there supporting the "A" within range of it and I got several very lucky rolls and watched as his dice whiffed TWICE; Oh what a relief that was. Down to four Interceptors, two with a damage card on them, I was now able to swarm the X-Wing which had to come around and through the asteroids an engage my ships clustered on my right side of the map. Eventually I lost another Tie-I, but succeeded in destroying the X-Wing for the WIN, whoohoo (1-1).
THIRD GAME: Against Brian, who ran three BIG ships - 2x Lamda Shuttles and a Firesrpay - they looked awesome on the game board, but he was still having trouble maneuvering them around the rocks and other ships. It reminded me of a Leviathans game when my little black ships got behind his big white ones and repeatedly blasted their rears until they were destroyed. I killed both shuttles and put some serious damage on the Firespray, but the game was called after 82 minutes ( +7 to finish an extra 'quick' three rounds ) with Brian declared the winner on points 50 vs. 40. Another LOSS (1-2)
The championship match-up between Paul and Joe-1, also went overtime, about 85 minutes ( that's the primary reason that Brian and I continued playing as long as we did, the other two guys were still going at it with steadfast Determination ). Because they are both such good players that they spent a lot of time carefully maneuvering, trying to get a better position on their opponent for the slight advantages that it offers, since technically there is NO HIGH GROUND in intergalactic space like there is on an HS BoV.

It was a FUN day that proved to me Pete's idea that you really need more than 60 minutes to play a decent 100 point X-Wing games, or LESS points to stay within that time limit. If any one is interested in following or joining in this groups discussions, including the schedule for future events, you can find us at http: // www. FACEBOOK-dot-COM, if you search for "South Jersey/Philly Star Wars X-Wings" ...or... link to us through the www. MEETUP-dot-COM group called "GOTCHA - Gamers Of The Cherry Hill Area."

So, who all is planning to be at the Star Wars Tournament in Jenkintown, PA on Oct 26th? ~bump~

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Nice battle report John! Looks like you had a blast. Looking forward to playing against you soon. It's been awhile since I rolled any dice with you guys.

Skulls on defense, Shields on attack....That's how I roll. 19-16 tournament record.
Go Skook Scapers!
Old October 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

26th it is!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old October 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Ed and I played some X Wing with a few guys at 1UP Games in Reading and informed them of upcoming tournament on the 26th. They said they were interested and may be coming, but I can't confirm for sure.

Go Skook Scapers!
Old October 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I now have maps up for my 11/9 NHSD tournament. Not to change the subject or anything...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I now have maps up for my 11/9 NHSD tournament. Not to change the subject or anything...
Oh, o you mean like, back to talking about HeroScape on a HeroScapeRs Forum? What a concept! But HEROSCAPE... really, does anyone still play that silly kids game? Didn't it go Out Of Print years ago?

Old October 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saturday is almost here. Spidy bailed out but thereisnotry is coming. Looks like we've got two more.

STAR WARS X-WING TOURNAMENT
Saturday OCT 26

Where:
7th Dimension Games
491 York Rd
Jenkintown, PA 19046

Time: 12:00 to 5pm
Proposed Style: 4 Rounds at 45 Minutes, 1 to the death championship round, 1 runner up round
Cost: $10 (to go to store credit prizes)
Fleet Size: 66 pts (yes, 2/3rds of a 100 pt fleet)
Maps: standard 3ft x 3ft. Some will have asteroids, others will have large obstacles (like a Rebel Blockade Runner), some will be straight up
RSVP: Please let me know here if you are going to come. If you can, private message me your cell number and I’ll send you back mine.

Coming:
Peteparkerh
thereisnotry
Johngee
Shooter 1
Shooter 2
Shooter 3
S.G.
M.M.

Maybe:
Knapper
Gurei
zHunter

Not Coming:
Spidysox
Tom
Clan
Mad Wookie

Last edited by peteparkerh; October 25th, 2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added who is going
Old November 19th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Hey guys, I'm thinking of going to this Black Friday board game event. Anyone interested in going with me? It's in Lebanon PA

Www.berksboardgamers.com

Old November 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

We're traveling on Black Friday, unfortunately.

How did the X-wing tournament go?
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going to this Black Friday board game event. Anyone interested in going with me? It's in Lebanon PA

Www.berksboardgamers.com

Sounds like a cool event. Karl is doing something similar at The Games Keep that day as well. I was thinking about going there, but it looks like I will be working that day instead.

Anyone planning on doing a Heroscape event in Dec or Jan? I haven't been able to Scape in a while and I need to fix that.

I doubt that there will be much interest, but I am running a Mage Wars tournament this weekend at The Games Keep if anyone wants to come out and compete let me know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events