Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM

enkidu is surprisingly tart
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I taught a class this semester where we played narrative-driven videogames. I put some on our list that I thought few would have played before, and we had a couple of pleasant surprises that I figured I'd mention here, in case they slipped under your radar. If anyone likes old-school SNES era RPG/Adv games, you'll love To The Moon. If you like old school point and click adventures, you'll like Gemini Rue.
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:40 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Playing Fez right now. It's interesting. Different. A little obtuse though. It's fun to figure out for the most part, but you have to realize at some point the game expects you to write down symbols and translate all sorts of odd things.
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

I can't get enough of the Xbox 360 Minecraft demo right now. I'm excited to get the full game. Also AC Revelations.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Mass Effect 3. This is an emotional roller coaster. I've watched too many people I care about die on my Renegade play through. Maybe Paragon will be easier on my caring soul.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Watching the Diablo III login screen waiting for launch. So ready.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The past couple of weeks were dedicated to Dead Island, which has been very enjoyable so far. Recently, however, my time has been spent on Awesomenauts, for Xbox Live Arcade. It's like a 2d side scrolling MOBA game like League of Legends. It's as awesome as it's name suggests. Plus, it's set to look like a sci fi 80s cartoon which is hilarious. It's a really well balanced game though and I can't wait for more characters and maps. My GT is PlayerACHILLES. Look me up.

Diablo 3 will be gracing my computer fairly soon I'm sure.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:37 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Snuck in about 15 minutes worth of Diablo III this morning before work. Made a Monk. I get to leave work in 6 hours and start playing for realz.....
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
Snuck in about 15 minutes worth of Diablo III this morning before work. Made a Monk. I get to leave work in 6 hours and start playing for realz.....
I take it you weren't one of the tens of thousands unable to get on for hours upon hours then?

Why they required single player be online, with lag and all that fun stuff, is beyond me. Can't wait till the first person dies in Hardcore mode due to lag or a server disconnect.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got in an hour this morning and an hour this afternoon for lunch. Had no problems. My friend called saying he couldn't get in and he was trying the same time I was logged in.

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
I take it you weren't one of the tens of thousands unable to get on for hours upon hours then?

Why they required single player be online, with lag and all that fun stuff, is beyond me. Can't wait till the first person dies in Hardcore mode due to lag or a server disconnect.
It's because of the real money auction house. No dupeing or exploiting if XP, loot, everything is handled by the server so that way rare items stay rare so Blizz can continue to make their 15% off the RMAH to continue to keep servers up. And no, I got in after about an hour and played through most of Act I. Woke up and continued playing on a new character while I wait for my buddy to get off of work. Servers just went down again for maintenance. Not too worried about it. Blizz Launch Days are always like this.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I managed to get some in today, I got the Collectors Edition. Wasn't at any midnight releases.

Finished ACT1

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post

Yeah, I got lucky I guess. Didn't experience any lag and the only time I couldn't log on was when Blizzard brought the servers down. Otherwise it was pretty smooth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games