Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old October 24th, 2019, 05:03 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
We do sidestep a lot of copyright issues (is that the right term) and the like by not doing anything that looks like making a profit. Something to keep in mind.

--

I do think we should try to express the synergy webs we have in mind. But we must always caveat it--we don't know for sure what a figure will be like (and by extension what other figures it will have extension with) until we have finalized the unit. So we could announce a squad and two heroes and say "these two heroes will synergize with this squad" but then in playtesting we could discover that hero A simply will not work with the squad and change it to remove (or soften) the synergy.
I don't think your first point is quite right from my understanding of copyright law. If that were the case, then WOTC would go after all the mtg sellers on ebay (for either regular mtg cards or proxy sellers). Cause they're making bank.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old August 11th, 2023, 09:53 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Current SoV judges:

Scytale
superfrog
vegietarian18
wriggz
Astroking112
Dysole
Vydar_XLIII

I don't know who all monitors the Pre-SoV Workshop, but, as Scytale has had to point out to me more than once, they don't have time to critique every brainstorm idea that crosses one's mind.

I once again want to thank everyone involved in the process of producing VC units. If you think about it, there is an incredible amount of time and work involved among a quite limited amount of people. And they can't just be any people. They need to be knowledgeable enough to maintain play balance and point costs, and have an undefinable feel for the "seriousness" of the game - no penguins with machine guns, please.

I have recently gotten back into custom creation for SoV after a long hiatus (since Kha). I am fortunate enough to have a gaming group (The New York City Gang Of Four) that meets at least once a month for Heroscape, and is open to helping me test my customs. It is only fair that any custom I submit to the Pre-SoV Workshop thread, let alone to the Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion thread, be as refined as possible beforehand.

I have a personal customs thread (Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner) where I solicit feedback, and I PM certain people, who have expressed interest and/or have been helpful in the past, about what I am doing (lately I fear being a pest about it) and, while I am extremely grateful for any feedback I receive, I do not feel entitled to it.

Old August 17th, 2023, 04:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Don't know if this is the right forum for this. As I was creating an army for El Nubarrón, with limited points/space,

I revisited this.

I did not appreciate it when it came out, but now . . .

Thanks!

P.S.: Created armies for this weekend's test games.

110 El Nubarrón
105 Nottingham Brigand x 3
75 Kha
60 Elaria the Pale
50 Beakface Rogue x 2
400 points, 8 spaces

120 Tandros
110 El Nubarrón
75 Kha
70 Nottingham Brigand x 2
25 Beakface Rogue
400 points, 6 spaces

Last edited by kolakoski; August 17th, 2023 at 07:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs