Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Crimson Dynamo

The Book of Crimson Dynamo

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 23
ARMORED ANTAGONISTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDf

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #070-072 / Crimson Dynamo.
Its model number and name are #212 / Gennady Gavrilov.
Character Bio - Gennady Gavrilov, a Russian collegiate, became the eighth Crimson Dynamo after he found the helmet of a suit designed by Anton Vanko - a "Beta unit", based on but improved over the original, with its very own recharging satellite in orbit. Believing the helmet to be a sophisticated gaming system, Gavrilov caused the dormant armor to awaken and make its way towards the helmet, inadvertently leaving a trail of destruction. He would eventually, if briefly, wear the entire armor in a standoff with the Russian military. He kept the armor afterward.

Wikipedia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: png
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Crimson Dynamo - Design Phase

NAME = CRIMSON DYNAMO
SECRET IDENTITY = GENNADY GAVRILOV

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 150

ELECTRICAL BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 and 3.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one other figure within 2 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by Electrical Blast Special Attack. After attacking with this special attack, Crimson Dynamo may attack 1 additional time, rolling 1 fewer attack die for the subsequent attack.

ARMOR PIERCING ROCKET LAUNCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Only non-adjacent figures can be attacked with this special attack. For each skull rolled, the defending figure subtracts 1 die from its defense. After attacking with this special attack, Crimson Dynamo may attack two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 4th, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks great! Not super crazy about the class ... but I like the rest of it, powers, stats, etc.

A couple of quick wording fixes:

ELECTRICAL BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 and 3.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose one other figures within 2 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by this special attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Electrical Blast Special Attack does not affect destructible objects or figures with the Electrically Charged special power. After attacking with this special attack, Crimson Dynamo must attack 1 additional times, rolling 1 fewer attack die for the subsequent attack.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Borrowed the Electrical Blast Special Attack from Tickle's version in the Armor faction thread. He had mentioned I could use that design a long time ago.

I wasn't keen on the targeting thing like Warmachine had, nor the normal attack of 4, even though it was ranged, nor the move of 6. So I lowered the move to 5, base attack of 5 for melee and added the armor piercing rockets.

He had Agent as class and Patriotic. But this version of CD was a Russian collegiate who found the helmet and thought it was a video game counsel and used it to call the armor, which caused lots of damage on the way. He then got into the armor and caused some trouble. So I didn't really have much to go on as far as class and personality.

Old March 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, now I'm wondering why you chose this kid for the secret identity - it seems like he only wore the armor very briefly.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's who the figure represents - each Crimson Dynamo, insofar as I know, had his own separate armor.

My feelings on the reuse of Armor Piercing Rocket Launcher is mixed... I know "Guys in Armor" is pretty small design space, but I feel like we could be a bit more unique there.
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:56 PM

Ah. Really weird they chose to do a mini of him unless there's more to his story than what I read on Wikipedia! Seems like he's just a college gamer who stumbles into the suit, takes it for a joy ride, and then gets to take it out like one more time against the Russian government.

Personally, I like Armor Piercing Rocket Launcher enough to see it reused. And I feel like we have a ton of variety in the "Guys in Armor" sector already. As long as the overall design feels unique, nothing wrong with bringing back a solid power.

Old March 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Well, Armor Piercing Rocket Launcher was already sort of a retread, since we tapped that design space with Punisher. But it hasn't been run into the ground, and I don't have any alternatives to offer at the moment, so just ignore me if no one shares the concern.

I think they just picked Gavrilov because he was the Dynamo pretty recently when the set was released and he had his own mini-series.
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM

Did he appear more than once outside of that mini-series, though?

And, yeah, it hasn't been run into the ground yet. At the point we're at in terms of the overall number of powers we've designed, I think we should create new powers with some reluctance, as it's difficult to produce elegant powers at this point without them accidentally being differently named repeats of something that's come before.

There's still some untapped design space here and there, of course, but it's getting tighter and tighter.

Old March 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

I could always change the secret identity to Dmitri Bukharin,as he was the longest reigning CD from '78-'90. I don't have the mini version of that Crimson Dynamo, so someone will have to get the mini and get pictures of it.

or

Quote:
The Crimson Dynamo wears an armored battle-suit that serves as an exoskeleton, providing the wearer with superhuman strength and durability. The suit's outer layer was composed of a carborundum matrix alloy, and is equipped with hand-blasters that can fire high-frequency electrical bolts, small missiles contained in the back shoulder area of the battle-suit, computers and radio transmitter and receiver, boot jets that allow flight. Subsequent versions of the battle-suit have featured upgrades of various kinds, by the Gremlin and other Russian scientists. As Crimson Dynamo, Valentin Shatalov's version of the armor was equipped with a powerful chest-mounted fusion-caster weapon.
I was just going to have the Electric Blast power and keep it low key, but added the Rockets because they are listed as him having them in his shoulder area. I didn't think there was any sense in reinventing the wheel, and while Punisher started the Armor Piercing Rocket, Warmachine's (which CD's is from) is different enough from Punisher's and I don't see a reason to not reuse it. Part of the problem here has been reinventing the wheel so many times that things get confusing. I don't need to have the shiniest and newest, though the electric blast power is new (Tickles). That should be fine. He's a dude in a suit, he's got electric stuff, some rockets, can fly and has superstrength.

Last edited by Hahma; March 19th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have the figure that looks like an eraser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like the mini of this guy & want to see it on my battlefield. I believe I have that second mini you pictured Hahma so I should be able to get the photos if you go that way. But Gennady mini is really much better looking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library