Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Blastatrons

Blastatrons are also excellent for the price from castles and/or extreme height, even without Gladiatrons. Compare them to Omnicron Snipers:
  • Blastatrons cost way less (15 points each instead of 33.3 each). Attrition-wise, they will often last quite a bit longer, even considering the Omnicrons 1 extra defense die.
  • Blasts get 4 shots per round instead of 3. Omnicrons' double-skull attacks from height can be overkill against massed squads, e.g. a huge swarm of Ashigaru or similar. Better to have 4 shots of 3 than 3 shots of 3 double-skull.
  • As noted, Blasts get the bonus from other Blastatrons. Flyers in the castle (e.g. Minions of Utgar)? Sorry Omnicrons, you're back to attack=1. Blastatrons will usually still have a bonus (+1 or +2).
  • Blastatrons are shorter and are concealed very well by battlements. Omni's spurs stick up pretty high.
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Also keep in mind that the Blastatrons can use homing device with other Blastatrons, not to mention the majors and any future Vydar Soulbourgs.
Nothing wrong with using guards to guard, well, other guards.

DW9K 140
Warden 230
Raelin V1 310
Blastatronsx3 490

With the Warden, and DW9K, you can have 6 move, 9 range guards. Keep a squad back to guard DW9K and provide ultra-ranged protection for your other squads of front-line blastatrons. Send your other blast squads forward, with Raelin, to guard glyphs and key terrain features. Use the Warden for clean up.

At 600, add Brunak for Raelin chauffeur duty and extra front line punch.

Filthy
-Since all of these units have been around awhile, please forgive me if this army has already been mentioned in this thread...I did not see it.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM

Agent Mike has disabled reputation

When all else fails, just proxy some Gladiatrons with units that you don't use, just make sure they are a similar hight as the Gladiatrons (for obvious reasons). My friend likes to use the Knights of Weston if that helps any...
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:50 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I own only a single squad of blastatrons and no gladiatrons (tournament winnings) and I still like to play them. Of course, they don't have any of their true potential, they are still a fun unit to play around with. Especially in really low point value games.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been playing around, trying out unfamiliar armies lately, and boy did I come up with one that tore up some Glads and Blasts.

Though I'd never take the army to a "standard" tourney, Pelloth and the Drow ate some soulborg lunch in consecutive matches for me last night. IIRC, we were running:

Glads x2, Blasts x2 and X17

vs.

Pelloth, Drow x4 and Marcu.

I was rolling very well (getting two skulls on Lolth's Wrath more often than not), and the Glads were dropping like flies, quickly leaving X17 and the Blasts in big trouble. In both matches, Pelloth fell, but not before taking out close to twice his cost in my opponent's squaddies.

Also, occasionally rolling well on the d20 and completely avoiding large strikes from the Blasts probably didn't hurt. I was very impressed with these guys. If used carefully (taking full advantage of terrain), the drow were a very effective 'Tron counter.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:14 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

I played with these guys for the first time tonight. I bought some rackam guys to proxy gladiatrons. I had 2 squads of each. They are more difficult to play than any other thing I've probably played. I don't play pods though. I'm a "shark" kinda guy. At the end of this game, I loved rolling the fen hydra out and him going APE.

I was playing my wife and she had blade gruts with grimnak, tornak and nerak as the base of her army. By the time I stopped putting order markers on the Blasts, I had taken out 305 points of her army. I had 2 blasts left of the 16 soulborgs (she had killed 250 points). Well that all sounds dandy, but it was a pita. Getting them arranged was a challenge and we were fighting on a narrow section so I couldn't get more than 3 attack dice even though I enjoyed height nearly the whole time. I also prefer fewer, stronger squads than a mass of weaklings. Being a narrow section, it was hard for her to kill more than a 2 guys per turn. So in some ways it was an advantage for me also. It also sucked that I gladiatrons died nearly twice as fast as the blasts. I was constantly worrying about how crappy the blastatrons would soon be when I didn't have any glads left.

one thing that hurt, is that I separated my 2 sets of squads. 1 pair of each squad went each direction. So when one side had lost of most of its glads, that was aggravating. Also, if someone likes pods/steamrollers, I can imagine this being a very strong pod with raelin. I just don't prefer to play that way. Too impatient I guess.

I will try them again though before I give up on them. But as of right now, I wouldn't recommend someone buy them over the 10th regiment or the stingers.

2x glads and 2x blasts = 280
I'd rather have 3.5x 10th or 4.5 stingers I think.

On a wide open area against a double spaced hero, I can imagine blasts and glads being dominant if you do it right.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

I must be psychic. My friend used a raelin/blast/glad pod against me tonight and crushed me. The turning point was when (near the beginning) he got brunak surrounded by glads (because he won initiative) and killed him in 1 turn. The +def viking was being carried. He didn't survive the round. I was trying out the deathchasers for the first time, and after brunak went down so quickly I knew I was in trouble.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt
Old May 7th, 2011, 02:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jon View Post
On a wide open area against a double spaced hero, I can imagine blasts and glads being dominant if you do it right.
If your saying that due to cyberclaw it wouldn't work because all double spacers are large/huge which cyberclaw wouldn't affect.
They're still great against the big heroes because they can get swarmed for big attacks. But don't take it from me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
what I actually played:

4X Gladiatrons
2X Blastatrons
Raelin
Quote:
Game Four- Brownsfan82 (Nilfheim, Zelrig, Major Q10) on Jungle Wolf Swamp Road

Trons love facing huge heroes...
Quote:
Looking at the standings, I saw that I was once again going to have to face Brownsfan82. Though Brownsfan plays an excellent game of Scape, my army is without a doubt best against large and huge heroes. It's kind of funny how the Trons are actually best against figures that can't be clamped.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

What I would do at home is have one squad of Gladiatrons and use other figures as proxies. Maybe the Warforged Soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
What I would do at home is have one squad of Gladiatrons and use other figures as proxies. Maybe the Warforged Soldiers.
What I was thinking of doing before Wave 10 and getting some Glads from Auggies, was using 4th Mass as the Blasatrons and 10th Reg as Gladiatrons. They are both 4 man squads and the bayonets on the 10th would be a good reminder of the cyberclaw of the Glads.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Blastatrons
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units