Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm seeing how many Heroscape figures I can use for Frostgrave. It's a 28mm system and I'll need some wizards and apprentices, as well as some various soldiers, thieves, archers, man at arms etc. So we'll see what I can manage.

Figured I'd give this girl a facelift first

Not the best lighting unfortunately, with some of the details and snow being washed out. But it's an idea anyway. Still have to varnish her.

Quote:
Probably my last Scape repaint for a while. I still have a some Covenant Jackal Marksmen and Assault units, a new Zealot command base and a couple UNSC Recon units to paint for Halo Ground Command. On Monday, supposed to get a box of Frostgrave soldiers to assemble and paint. So we'll see, maybe I'll try another Scape figure here and there, as they are kind of fun to convert.

Not the best mini quality, but I did what I could. The lighting kind of washes out some stuff, but it is what it is.

Excellent, Excellent work. The female one (can't remember her name) looks a ton better than the original.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 11th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I'm seeing how many Heroscape figures I can use for Frostgrave. It's a 28mm system and I'll need some wizards and apprentices, as well as some various soldiers, thieves, archers, man at arms etc. So we'll see what I can manage.

Figured I'd give this girl a facelift first

Not the best lighting unfortunately, with some of the details and snow being washed out. But it's an idea anyway. Still have to varnish her.

Quote:
Probably my last Scape repaint for a while. I still have a some Covenant Jackal Marksmen and Assault units, a new Zealot command base and a couple UNSC Recon units to paint for Halo Ground Command. On Monday, supposed to get a box of Frostgrave soldiers to assemble and paint. So we'll see, maybe I'll try another Scape figure here and there, as they are kind of fun to convert.

Not the best mini quality, but I did what I could. The lighting kind of washes out some stuff, but it is what it is.

Excellent, Excellent work. The female one (can't remember her name) looks a ton better than the original.
Thanks Japes!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Over the weekend, my daughters and I played our 6th scenario for Gloomhaven. First one we lost so far, so we will give it another go.

On Monday night, I played a game called The Networks. It's a game about running a television network and having to slot shows in at the 8, 9 and 10 pm times. You also have to deal with requirements for shows needing a star performer that you need to hire, as well as advertisers. Shows and performers get you viewers and adds get you money. Each round, the show ages and it may get fewer viewers the next season etc. So at some point. Either naturally after 4 seasons, you pit that show into reruns, or you replace it beforehand with another show with more viewers. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's a little bit of it. All the shows, performers and adds have funny names and generally you can tell what the show was "supposed" to be in real life.

Here's a few of the soldiers for my Frostgrave warband that I've been working on. There's the man-at-arms, crossbowman and thief. I have parts of the other 7 models that I put together so far painted.

Old April 12th, 2017, 10:12 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those look great @Hahma , I too have been painting like mad. In the last week and a half I have painted and finished 36 minis from the Rum and Bones core set and am working to finish the rest of the Undead crew from that box. I have a lot ahead of me but am liking being able to bring the great models to life with some paint.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Those look great @Hahma , I too have been painting like mad. In the last week and a half I have painted and finished 36 minis from the Rum and Bones core set and am working to finish the rest of the Undead crew from that box. I have a lot ahead of me but am liking being able to bring the great models to life with some paint.
Thanks TREX!

Wow! You've been really busy, cranking out all those minis. I'm fairly slow in the production department. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the finished products.

Old April 12th, 2017, 02:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I don't know how to crank out 36 painted minis in just a week and a half. Perhaps that is why I have so many unpainted minis. I've been waiting on some new paints I ordered with my Reaper Bones III pledge that should finally arrive in the next month or so. Once I get those I may try to knock out a big group of either rank & file Pirates (Rum & Bones) or Vikings (Blood Rage) in a production line type operation.
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im lucky if I finish a single CMON mini in a day and a half. Of course Im a perfectionist and constantly tweak my work.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think that is my hold up as well. I go back and fix 'errs' several times.
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ill show you guys the stuff once im done with each set. Its not award winning but they do look good on the table.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

I did a little bit more work on some other of my soldiers for Frostgrave, but not as much as I'd like. I got distracted by some Heroscape ruins sitting on my shelf, as they were taunting me to give them a winterized look.

Primed them black

Then I did some wet blending of a dark blue, medium grey and white

Old April 14th, 2017, 09:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a great time playing two Three Player games of Shogun by Queen Games last Wednesday (for some details see the NYCG4 thread in General Discussion). Tomorrow we've got a nice Five Player game set up, and will probably be playing it again on Wednesday. Its as good as I remember from years ago.

Still haven't tried the Tenno's Court expansion yet, as we keep roping in new players. We played both the Sun and Moon board sides, and used the choose your own provinces one by one in rotation option rather than the canned set up. Kolakoski walked away with a crushing win in Game One, and I managed a much closer victory in Game Two. The third player was ShermanDavies, who also enjoyed the games!

If you've never tried this game, we highly recommend it.
Old April 15th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work Hahma!

I always wanted to try to add a 'level' with a couple spaces, sort of like the Warehouse to the RotV Ruins, attaching some sort of floor to that little ledge that runs around the top.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games