Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2021, 12:27 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
[Defunct] The Book of Zelotes

The Book of Zelotes

C3G 2000 AD PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION SOMETHING OR OTHER
(RELEASE SET)

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroscape figure from the Ticalla Jungle set.
Its name is Fyorlag Spider.

But like also you could just use literally any spider toy ever or even an actual spider if you can figure out the logistics of that. Live your spider mini truth.

Character Bio - Ruler of the spider-world Arachnos, Zelotes was an ally of Nemesis the Warlock who sought to reform captured members of Torquemada's Terminators. Alas, no good deed goes unpunished and Zelotes was eventually murdered and possessed by the ghost of Torquemada himself.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A

Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Soundwarp
  • Second playtest:
  • Third playtest:
  • Fourth playtest:
  • Art by Soundwarp
  • Zelotes created by some British dudes whomst I shall look up later

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; May 11th, 2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 12:27 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zelotes (rehabilitating)

NAME = ZELOTES
SECRET IDENTITY =
SPECIES = ARACHNID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARDEN
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = Around 200ish?

CARETAKER OF ARACHNOS

When a figure you control attacks an opponent's figure, if Zelotes is in your Start Zone, you may offer that opponent mercy. If that opponent accepts, instead of rolling defense normally, their figure ignores your figure's attack and then you may place the opponent's figure on Zelotes' card. If Zelotes leaves your start zone, you must immediately place each figure on his card, that was placed on his card with this special power, on a space in your Start Zone.

PRISONER REHABILITATION
At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may choose a figure on Zelotes card that was placed on his card with his Caretaker of Arachnos special power. If:
  • That figure is a Common or Squad figure and no other player controls any figures with the same name as that figure, take control of that figure's card, remove any Order Markers their card, and place that figure on a space in your Start Zone.
  • That figure is a Unique Hero, roll the 20-Sided Die. Subtract 3 from your roll if that Hero is Fanatical. If you roll a 4 or lower, place that figure on a space in your startzone. If you roll a 16 or higher, take control of that figure’s card, remove any Order Markers their card, and place that figure on a space in your Start Zone.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; September 21st, 2021 at 03:27 AM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 12:47 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Ok, as this somehow won the public thing-a-ma-gig, this is now started.

I should mention that the original write-up also had this power:

CONTAINMENT WEB
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Zelotes, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the figure may not be moved for the rest of this player turn.

But there wasn't a way to really fit that on the card short of finding some major stuff to trim from the other two powers.

It's pretty much just a 'hey, he's a spider by the way' power, so I don't think it's really needed anyway. The meat of this guy is doing bat crap crazy rehabilitation mechanics.

If the 'asking your opponent if they want spiders to abduct their figures' idea doesn't really turn out to be something the opponent ever goes for, we could try for something more like this for the first power:

"When a figure you control would destroy an opponent's figure, if Zelotes is in your Start Zone, you may instead ignore any wounds that enemy figure would have just received and place it on Zelotes' card. If Zelotes leaves your start zone, you must immediately place each figure on his card, that was placed on his card with this special power, on a space in your Start Zone."

Personally I'd like to at least test out the current version before making that big a change though.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 4th, 2021, 06:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Old May 4th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like your plan
Old May 4th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Could always reuse Webbed Up if you wanted a Spider-y power. I dig the arresting people and holding them hostage.
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm curious to see how often the enemy actually takes Zelotes up on the mercy offer. No real notes until testing shows what this guy looks like in practice.
Old May 5th, 2021, 08:42 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know I'm not part of C3G but just throwing my

I feel like mercy will mostly be accepted when a figure is going to die. Would a figure still be able to use powers if it's on Zelotes' card? Specifically support or leader units like Cyclops and Mr. Fantastic. If not then I think it might see less use as you'll be losing the figure regardless, and with accepting mercy you also run the risk of having the figure turned against you.

He might need some sort of climbing power. I know he won't really be leaving the start zone, but his height 2 would make it very difficult to get about in the odd cases that he does need to.
Old May 5th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I disagree, you are part of C3G and we appreciate your thoughts and insight.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old May 5th, 2021, 09:52 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I don't mind seeing tests first, but I do think I would struggle to accept Mercy. Not only do I lose my figure, but there's a chance that they'll be used against me. I'd rather they die than you get them.

There could always be a d20 roll off to force-capture them to solve that, so you actually get to use the power occasionally. Or perhaps the opponent gets a boon if they accept mercy, like an initiative boost next round or something. I don't know the theme here though, if it's acceptable.

Dig the mechanics otherwise though.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:08 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe have it like within 10 spaces of Zelotes of something cause some opponents might never accept mercy willingly. Or a X Marker reveal, but that would limit options.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm probably only accepting mercy if I have figure mover/throwers who can toss the Zelotes out of their start zone for me. Otherwise I'm assuming they'll just turtle until they take control of my figure, and I'd rather it be dead.

Maaaaybe I'd risk it if I were pretty sure the figure were going to die and I had the range to just kill the Zealote from outside its start zone, but that'd depend on most of the Zealote army being dead other than the Zealotes, so it's a fairly niche situation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy