Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:50 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Woohoo 80 pages!
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I can confirm that there was definately only the one of me at the Cast Are Dice

Right - if Skulls turns his back for a moment like a good chap, what do peeps think I'd be best off taking to the tourney this weekend?

I'm tempted by an army heavy on kyrie - either a Sentinels/Imperium combo, or Minions (with the possibility of bringing Runa and <gasp> Taelord to the party).

But I'm scared of the threat posed by the Esenweins.

Should I take the wussy way out, and go for Q9 backed up by the usual Einar Soulborg Collective, or my usual stalwarts the Monkeyboys & Assorted Agents, or do I go for a flock of kyries?

And David - no peeking until Saturday afternoon!

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Maccamac has disabled reputation
marro warriors

Sorry to go off the subject but i have a few questions reference things posted on the hasbro faq.
first marro warriors it says they cannot water clone seperatley as they do everything "as a unit".so if this is the case shouldn`t they move atttack and defend as a "unit"?
secondly if your not allowed to add dice to height "ranged attacks" what was the point in me rushing my 4th Mas line up on the hill the other week only to find out via my daughter that they can only throw the 2 dice at her braxas therefore causing no damage whatsoever and basically leaving my 4th mas as a sitting duck for braxas to pick off with his D20 attack.
thirdly do all squads come into the category "all as a unit" the same as the marro warriors?
I know these are newbie questions and richard will get annoyed but I think I have some valid points that need answering.
this is after all the place to put these kind of issues.
Yours annoyed at still losing maccamac.
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM

willward has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
I can confirm that there was definately only the one of me at the Cast Are Dice

Right - if Skulls turns his back for a moment like a good chap, what do peeps think I'd be best off taking to the tourney this weekend?

I'm tempted by an army heavy on kyrie - either a Sentinels/Imperium combo, or Minions (with the possibility of bringing Runa and <gasp> Taelord to the party).

But I'm scared of the threat posed by the Esenweins.

Should I take the wussy way out, and go for Q9 backed up by the usual Einar Soulborg Collective, or my usual stalwarts the Monkeyboys & Assorted Agents, or do I go for a flock of kyries?

And David - no peeking until Saturday afternoon!

emmm richardD wheres the tourney i might come and watch or even better try nd learn to play

I STILL HAVENT PLAYED THIS GAME
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: marro warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccamac
Sorry to go off the subject but i have a few questions reference things posted on the hasbro faq.
first marro warriors it says they cannot water clone seperatley as they do everything "as a unit".so if this is the case shouldn`t they move atttack and defend as a "unit"?
secondly if your not allowed to add dice to height "ranged attacks" what was the point in me rushing my 4th Mas line up on the hill the other week only to find out via my daughter that they can only throw the 2 dice at her braxas therefore causing no damage whatsoever and basically leaving my 4th mas as a sitting duck for braxas to pick off with his D20 attack.
thirdly do all squads come into the category "all as a unit" the same as the marro warriors?
I know these are newbie questions and richard will get annoyed but I think I have some valid points that need answering.
this is after all the place to put these kind of issues.
Yours annoyed at still losing maccamac.
Answers:
Numero Uno
- When Water Cloning you may roll the D20 for each Marro Warrior you control but you can not attack on that turn with any Marro Warriors. Water Clone or attack are your two options.
Second - You can add dice to normal ranged attack when you have height advantage. The only time you cannot add dice for height advantage is when you are using a Special attack, such as Mimrings Line of Fire.
Thirdly - The only reason the Marro Warriors have 'as a unit' on the card is because you can only Water Clone or attack on your turn, but never both.

Now go forth and win some battles.
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Jandar's Hope got all four absolutely right.

And there's no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid answers. Never be afraid to ask. The worst I'll do is tell you to read the card or rulebook more clsely

But most of the time I'm friendly, and will just answer the question

Tonight's brief testing session consisted of a Sentinel army (too many weak points), and a different army. Even though the thought of meeting lots of Esenweins is giving me kittens, my second choice army should be able to handle them. But I'm not going to tell you what the army is, until it's too late for David to do anything about them (ie after they've kicked bottom).

Death or glory!

And if Willward wants to see my lads go down in flames, the tourney is somewhere in Northamptonshire (I've not looked where, just yet; that's something to worry about on Saturday morning!)

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

Old September 11th, 2007, 02:22 AM

Maccamac has disabled reputation
Thanks JH will try to remember.Just another question i saw on another part of the forum someone saying they had three lots of 4th mas in there army.
Is it just uniques that you can only one of?
I presume that if they are common tou can have as many of them as you want?
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccamac
Thanks JH will try to remember.Just another question i saw on another part of the forum someone saying they had three lots of 4th mas in there army.
Is it just uniques that you can only one of?
I presume that if they are common tou can have as many of them as you want?
Yes, each player is allowed one of each Unique figure in their army. Also your opponent can have the same Unique figures as you if they want! :P
As for commons you can have as many sets as you wish but remember that if you place a turn on their army card then you can only move one squad of them, eg. If you have 2 squads of 4th Mass (which I see you like to use) and you place a turn on their card then you can move any 4 of the 8 4th mass you control.
Don't forget to read some of the cards properly because some abilities only affect Uniques, and some only affect Commons.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:08 AM

I think that the rulebook covers common squads adequately, but the number of people confused by them would suggest that the rulebook could be better.

Here's my summary.

There are two types of units - heroes and squads. Heroes are single figures - every time you activate a hero, you move and battle with just that hero. Squads are units with more than one figure - and if you activate a squad, you can "activate" all of the figures pictured on the card, first moving any that you wish to, then battle with any of the activated figures (so you can battle with figures tht you didn't move, so long as you said that they were being "activated" that round).

All units are also classified as uniques or commons. They can be heroes or squads. Uniques you can only have one of in your army but if you have lots of them available, there's no reason why your opponent couldn't use an identical unique). You activate uniques by placing order markers on the card - when it's turn comes, you move/battle with the figures shown on the card. As casualties are taken from a squad, you place them on the card and move correspondingly fewer figures each activation, which diminishes the effectiveness of the squad. Heros take wounds until all their lives are exhausted, but move and fight at full effect until they are removed from play on taking their last wound.

Commons are figures that you are allowed to have multiple copies of in your army. There are no common units in the original Master Set. There are very few common heroes (just one at the moment, I think). When you draft multiple copies of the same common, take all the army cards, but place one in front of you (along with your unique cards) that you will place casualties on; the rest, set aside for a while.

Each time you give an order to a common unit, place the order marker on the "main" army card in front of you. When it's your turn to activate that unit, you can activate ALL of the figures shown on the card - if it's a common hero, you activate any one of that common hero that you have on the board; if it's a squad, you activate the number of squad figures printed on the card, wherever they are on the board. As an example, if you have three squads of Roman Archers in play, and order marker 1 is on your Roman Archer card, you can activate *any* three Roman Archers, moving and/or fighting with those three figures. Each time you activate that card, you can choose the same - or a different - set of figures, so for order number 2 you could move the same three archers, three different archers, or some new ones and some of the ones you moved in turn 1. Very, very flexible. If I put an order marker on the Krav Maga, the opponent knows that I'm moving those three Krav Maga agents; if I put it on one of three Roman Archer cards I have, I can move any three of those 9 archers on the board, and my opponent doesn't know who I'm moving until I actually move them!

When common squads take casualties, you put the dead figures onto one of the army cards that you set aside at the start of the game. When the card has accumulated it's full set of figures, it's placed back in the box, out of the game, and you start filling up your next "set aside" card with casualties. Only when you have filled and discarded all your set aside cards, and you're down to your last squad of that type on the board, do you put any casualties on your "master" Army Card in front of you.

But when you give an order to the common squad, you move and/or fight with all of the figures shown on the card, less any casualties ON THE MASTER CARD. So ifwe go back to our three squads of Roman Archers, and partway through the game we've lost 5 men as casualties (out of the starting 9), the first 3 went on set-aside card number 1, which was then put out of the game, the next 2 casualties were placed on set-aside card number 2 (which has "space" for one more casualty before heading back to the box), but your order markers still go on the "master" army card in front of you - so with 5 dead, 4 left on the board, and 3 Archers pictured on the card, every order marker on that card allows you to move and/or fight with ANY three Romans still on the board!

Commons are more flexible than uniques for these two reasons - so long as you have multiple copies of the same unit in your army, the common squad can fight at full effect (until the "master" card starts to gather casualties), and you have the flexibility to move ANY of the figures on the board (up to the number shown on the card) every time that you give them an order. The other side of the coin is that a unique squad is usually slightly cheaper points-wise than an equivalent common unit, or the uniques have slightly better special powers for the same points as the commons.

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Jandar's Hope got all four absolutely right.

And there's no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid answers. Never be afraid to ask. The worst I'll do is tell you to read the card or rulebook more clsely

But most of the time I'm friendly, and will just answer the question

Tonight's brief testing session consisted of a Sentinel army (too many weak points), and a different army. Even though the thought of meeting lots of Esenweins is giving me kittens, my second choice army should be able to handle them. But I'm not going to tell you what the army is, until it's too late for David to do anything about them (ie after they've kicked bottom).

this helps lol emmm eny idea where
Death or glory!

And if Willward wants to see my lads go down in flames, the tourney is somewhere in Northamptonshire (I've not looked where, just yet; that's something to worry about on Saturday morning!)

this helps lol some where in northamptonshire lol howbig is that place where is the tourney

Old September 11th, 2007, 11:54 AM

The tourney is being held at Boughton House, 3 miles north of Kettering, Northamptonshire. I hope, 'cos that's where I'm planning on travelling to on Saturday. Skulls, am I right, and it's a 10am start?

Old September 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
The tourney is being held at Boughton House, 3 miles north of Kettering, Northamptonshire. I hope, 'cos that's where I'm planning on travelling to on Saturday. Skulls, am I right, and it's a 10am start?

i probs wont be able too get therre is there a bus that goes there or sumin

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers