Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:43 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The HSers Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
But seriously folks...

If site maintenance ever means the financial health of 'scapers.com is jeopardized, please just say the word. I'm not the only one who would happily re-up my lifetime membership...
Since you brought it up, here's the HSers financial overview. The budget is pretty tight. Hosting is our biggest cost and will cost $770.00 for the upcoming year. There are sometimes other miscellaneous expenses, but hosting is by far the largest.

In the past 12 months, we received very close to $800 after PayPal took it's cut. The year prior was about $980 (IIRC) after fees, so the trend is downward as expected.

So while we're not in jeopardy of closing down, there will probably be a shortfall this year. If anyone is thinking about becoming a site supporter, go right ahead!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 1st, 2014, 08:30 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The HSers Budget

I'm definitely going to try to scrape together some extra money this year to become a site supporter.

I know some sites have an issue with getting advertising money because so many people use adblockers. Would getting everybody to disable theirs while on the site help out here? I know that even if it would, it wouldn't be a huge margin, but I can deal with getting a few Plaidhat Games ads if it means Heroscapers is just a tiny bit better off because of it.
Old March 1st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
I'm definitely going to try to scrape together some extra money this year to become a site supporter.
Done.
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

I don't have enough to be a site supporter but I may be able to donate some money eventually. This site....must continue.....for generations to come!!!!

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Done.
Thanks you, sir! (And thank you to all our site supporters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
I know some sites have an issue with getting advertising money because so many people use adblockers. Would getting everybody to disable theirs while on the site help out here?
Not really. The Plaid Hat Games ads aren't a direct revenue source. PHG is owned by Truth (Colby) who founded HSers. HSers and PHG, while independent, help each other out in several ways, and HSers providing that ad space is one element of the relationship. It doesn't hurt that they make great games!

If we sell ads on the left blog sidebar area (like the recently expired Minion Master ad), that would be a revenue source, but we haven't really gone out and tried selling that ad space.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I plan on trying to become a site supporter at some point...
Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:24 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with Ace Histoli. For those of us who are already lifetime supporters, are there ways to continue to contribute financially?

Last edited by akden; March 3rd, 2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: can't spell...
Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:49 PM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I agree with Ace Histolic. For those of us who are already lifetime supporters, are there ways to continue to contribute financially?
Sure. The system will let you donate again even though you are lifetime. It won't expire your lifetime status. But you can only do exactly $15 or $45 that way, not more or less.

If there's demand for it, I can set up a "you set the amount" Paypal donation button that's unrelated to being a site supporter or not.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
If there's demand for it, I can set up a "you set the amount" Paypal donation button that's unrelated to being a site supporter or not.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I hope things go well... Things are a little tight here. $15 doesn't sound like much, but its a little bit of money in Ohio...

So, I can try, but umm... No guarentees. :/

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 3rd, 2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Thats a little over 4 gallons of gas over here. For reference ^_~
Old March 3rd, 2014, 06:26 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Done.

I had no idea it costs actual money to have a website. Talk about ignorant.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I agree with Ace Histolic. For those of us who are already lifetime supporters, are there ways to continue to contribute financially?
Sure. The system will let you donate again even though you are lifetime. It won't expire your lifetime status. But you can only do exactly $15 or $45 that way, not more or less.

Unfortunately, I have spent all my Paypal money (darn attractive steam sales). Otherwise, I would chip in some more. Once I get a job and finish saving for a car, I will definitely chip in more though.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online