Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quick, fun games that are quick to learn and play:

1. Drakon - Best. Game. Ever. Learn in 5 minutes, play a whole 6-player game in 30.
2. Red November - Quick, interesting, and not too hard to learn.
3. Through The Desert - Great fun, easy game, and you can use the pastel camels to match the strippers' clothes.
4. FRAG - This game is SO easy to learn and plays like Halo. Quick, furious playing game.
I really want to play Drakon and Red NOvember. I own TTD and I can attest that it is awesome. Frag I've seen, but never played.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebeard View Post
I've also been hunting around for a copy of BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL , but wow, the prices are out of sight on that one. Anyone here want to sell one for less than a kidney transplant?
You can have my copy when you pry it form my cold dead fingers.

This is such a great group party game, and the flavor text is just awesome.

I wonder who wrote it? Hmmmmm???

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Betrayal is a good one, but slightly unbalanced.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Small World is getting a lot of play since it is the new hotness.

I just picked up and played The Frozen Wastes expansion for Runebound the other day.
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
The only thing we found to be unbalanced was the rulebook. It was rushed and it shows. A great game that could have been so much more. Some scenarios need major overhauling so bad that they are virtually unplayable.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old June 4th, 2009, 05:49 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
A buddy of mine found a copy of Epic Duels at a thrift store for $2. He hooked me up and I've been playing it with my boys - what a great game! Fast moving and a lot of fun. It feels like I might have played something else by the designers before...
Funny you should mention ED. I just unwrapped a mint copy yesterday, and plan on having a ED game night tonight.
Such a good game. My friends and I all have copies of it. My buddy is having his Bachelor Party Wednesday so we're having a MASSIVE game-fest. Anyone have any suggestions for good, easy to teach games for several players? Right now we have Dominion, Killer Bunnies, Killer Bunnies Journey to Jupiter, Arkham Horror with Dunwich and Innsmouth, Race for the Galaxy, Citadels, ED, and Heroscape.
Small World comes to mind. Nexus Ops is all kinds of awesome. You also might want to look at Battlestar Galactica if your group can handle the bluffing and backstabbing aspects - it's crazy good.
Old June 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy View Post
Quote:
The only thing we found to be unbalanced was the rulebook. It was rushed and it shows. A great game that could have been so much more. Some scenarios need major overhauling so bad that they are virtually unplayable.
Exactly... The game is an AMAZING concept and still a blast to play. We have just accepted that 90% of the time, if you're the traitor, you will lose.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
My buddy is having his Bachelor Party Wednesday so we're having a MASSIVE game-fest. Anyone have any suggestions for good, easy to teach games for several players? Right now we have Dominion, Killer Bunnies, Killer Bunnies Journey to Jupiter, Arkham Horror with Dunwich and Innsmouth, Race for the Galaxy, Citadels, ED, and Heroscape.
Red Dragon Inn and Red Dragon Inn 2 (can be combined to be an 8 player game)
Bohnanza
Loot
Ca$h n Gun$ (with Yakuza expansion plays up to 12)
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:43 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

Played Wealth of Nations last night. Interested economic engine. Played with 6 players and the game meant people were constrained for space right away.

Quite an enjoyable game. Took long though.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
I've also been hunting around for a copy of BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL , but wow, the prices are out of sight on that one. Anyone here want to sell one for less than a kidney transplant?
I cry in my beer.
Bunjee got a used copy locally for $20, but sent it as a thank-you present to this guy we know who runs a Heroscape fan site.
Old June 5th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
I cry in my beer.
Bunjee got a used copy locally for $20, but sent it as a thank-you present to this guy we know who runs a Heroscape fan site.
I sold mine for exactly what I paid for it new - about $21. Was never informed it was going for so much more money.
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

I won't be selling my copy because despite it's flaws it's still a fun game. Besides, we pull it out a couple of times a year to play it with people who are interested in it.

I choose you...Isamu!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games