Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
H_E_H, for a nice Glacier light, go to your nearest bar that serves fancy drinks, and order the one that comes with a light-up plastic freezable ice cube. Those work great for something like this!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM

peeps has disabled reputation
Looked into it.....

Yes the lava tiles can also be iluminated. Actually just enough for the effect needed.However,suspending them together in long single hex paths seems to be the best course so far.Since they dont come in sections like the glaciers. I just put a base level and leave 1 hex space wide trenches in the direction I want to put the lights and cover over the top till I get to the spot I want.

** The lava does look awsome with the lights below it,going to have to get a pic of that as well.**

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM

eggsaladsandwich has disabled reputation
Build your map on a glass tabletop then place a good "up light" on the floor beneath it.

just a thought

Another days useless energy spent.
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:33 PM

GeneralBeaner is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hi, I was wondering...has anyone ever tried using those outdoor street lamp type things that you can get for dollhouses? It would be very interesting to see a bridge withtwo2 lamps on each side...

Kind of like this...

I'll write this in the most signified manner possible. Making crude or lame jokes on these are just pointless because of their insignificance.
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:20 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
Looked into it.....

Yes the lava tiles can also be iluminated. Actually just enough for the effect needed.However,suspending them together in long single hex paths seems to be the best course so far.Since they dont come in sections like the glaciers. I just put a base level and leave 1 hex space wide trenches in the direction I want to put the lights and cover over the top till I get to the spot I want.

** The lava does look awsome with the lights below it,going to have to get a pic of that as well.**
Where's the pic dude I need my hawt lava death baby
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker
Ooooooooooo.

and again...

Ooooooooooooooooooo.

That looks great. I want to add in lights but still fiddling around finding a power source that doesn't go dim after a couple of hours. We tend to do all afternoon & evening HS/BBQ/pool/Beer/ fests. Man, that would look cool in the evening when it grows dark. Maybe a solar powered one with a flickering bulb like the tiki torches. Gotta find it small enough and not too hot.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:34 PM

peeps has disabled reputation
I have a few things I wanted to show you all,but my camera is being a lil' bit unreasonable. Hot lava death! LOL I also read in another thread on how someone wanted to illuminate water,or make the water shiny.Something like Hahma did with the wellspring,but i'm thinking more like a mirror type or something along those lines? I did come up with one thing that somewhat worked o.k. I went to the craft store and bought some Folk Art Metallic Blue Pearl paint.After a few coats on the water tile,I was amazed. It left it sparkly and in a slight angle from the light,it looked glassy,or almost illuminated. An overhead view showed the blue color,but it still pales in comparison to Hahma's glowing wellspring.I guess there is nothing like the real thing? As soon as I get the lava pics,I'll load them up in custom terrain under hot lava..

Edit* Lava pix under hot lava*

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
Here is kind of what I did.

I made a very small hole in the base,and fed about 3 of the 10 floral mini LED lights up through the hole.The lights produce such an area of affect that even with the lights off I was still able to see figuire detail,I'm sure they can be used for castles,customs,wellsprings,and various other things. And at $2.99 for 10(with about 15 inches of cord),it's a steal! I'm very happy with them.

Note:Click the thumb for a larger view.
I love what you did to the gaciers Peeps, way cool

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles