Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old December 29th, 2019, 12:08 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Cantina

I've seen 7 episodes so far at a friends house, looking forward to seeing #8! It has been pretty good. Already renewed with season 2 expected in the Fall of 2020. Since they are taking a break from the big screen for a little while and it's been such a big hit, I expect them to keep the show going for a while.
Old December 29th, 2019, 12:41 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I've enjoyed The Mandalorian. Good story with great production values. Some of the episodes feel rushed and could have used a few more minutes of story-telling. Don't agree with some of the decisions on who lives and dies (but that's an opinion statement). There were a few what-the-heck moments that stretched the limits of imagination - things working out too perfectly. But these are fairly minor gripes. Overall, it has been great. Gives me hope for the future of the Star Wars franchise.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 29th, 2019, 01:01 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I was wondering how many of you guys have seen the 8 chapters of the Mandalorian and what you think of it. I really love how they did this show and really like how they put it together. Capturing the essence of the galactic civil war era. Loving all the appearances of the different types of Imperial troops in action and they made me really start to invest in the characters. Baby yoda is brilliant, lovable, and good for a laugh. The mandalorian and the side characters are also alot of fun. I really hope they continue this series. Ive looked forward to seeing a new episode every friday.
The Mandalorian has been great to watch, and yes, Season 2 is confirmed!

Once I knew Dave Filoni (producer/writer of The Clone Wars and Rebels) was going to be one of the producers for The Mandalorian, I knew the show was in good hands. Since watching Mando, Jon Favreau has been tremendous, and I can't wait to see what Deborah Chow (who directed maybe the two best episodes in Mando: 3 & 7) has in store for the Obi-Wan series.

I had a bold prediction after Mando's Episode 7, that wasn't explored any further in Episode 8, that even though Moff Gideon was the one who landed on Nevarro, Grand Admiral Thrawn is ultimately behind it all. Points of proof (some kinda spoilers for Episode 8):
Spoiler Alert!

It would also make sense since Dave Filoni already has experience with Thrawn's character on Rebels (although the finale of Rebels sends Thrawn in hyperspace to the Unknown Regions?).

Final thoughts (spoilers for Episode :
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 7th, 2020, 08:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Old January 17th, 2020, 04:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Old January 17th, 2020, 05:29 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Baby Yoda Puppet from THE MANDALORIAN Cost $5 Million

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 17th, 2020, 06:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Comment seem right on the money to me. The people who provided the final puppet might have charged them $5 Million, but that was after making a dozen prototypes where they experimented with different effects before finally making the finished product for some fraction of that $5 million, that they then marked up for a profit before handing over. So a replacement would cost much less to produce. Still, I'm sure they didn't want to have to purchase a replacement after just one season so they made sure the actor didn't go over board. Funny story.
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:40 PM

And now, once they get them on the market, they'd be able to buy several of those from the royalties from "Baby Yoda" toys and merchandise.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:46 PM

On a related note, I'm trying to get my head around how much I've really enjoyed The Mandalorian. It's far from perfect, some plot holes here and there, sometimes not enough story-telling (like what's the deal with Omera and where did she learn to shoot???) but overall it's been just a fun and entertaining watch.

I'm sure some of it is related to how disappointed I've been in the latest theatrical releases (not including Rogue One).

Edit: I think I've watched through the entire series 5, maybe 6 times, and gone back and re-watched individual episodes sometimes 3 or 4 times.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I've really enjoyed it. Smaller scale side stories have always been my favorite part of Star Wars. I'm playing through Jedi: Fallen Order now and getting a similar feel from it.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

The Omera thing will be revisited eventually. Same with the old friends from Eps. 6 and the mysterious figure at the end of Eps. 5. While I understand the opinion of wanting to move the story forward every episode (ESPECIALLY when there’s only 8 episodes), normal television series don’t always move the overarching story forward. Sometimes it’s just another bad guy that needs taken down with no connection to the main story. That’s what Episodes 4, 5, and 6 were in Mando (and honestly they did continue the story, just not the Nevarro story). They already back tracked on some of 4, going back for Cara, but Omera will be explored further.

Personally, I respect Mandalorian for taking 3 out of 8 episodes to just slow down and take their time on the planets and people. It’s something the Sequel Trilogy never did.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian, it was fun, and I also love the smaller scale too.

Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape