Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Sudema

The Book of Sudema
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Heroes of Trollsford"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Only Feylund's mighiest warriors survived her deadly stare. She was last seen over twenty years ago, when Khosumet the Darklord and Marhana, a mighty female Elf Banisher, formed an unlikely alliance to exile Sudema from Feylund. Khosumet later turned on Marhana during the battle but she lived long enough to leave Sudema weak and powerless. Marhana's only son, Morsbane, continued her quest for peace. Sudema was not heard from against until now. Her arrival casts a dark cloud over Valhalla and marks a new beginning for Vydar and his forces. Her powers are now stronger than ever and no one will stand in her way for vengeance against Marhana's son. (Hasbro)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Sudema- Although inconsistent and weak to consistently see play, Sudema's a champ against high cost melee figures. D+

Sudema
Assessment? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1074
Filed Reports? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2500
Army builds? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3546
Overall Strategy http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10658
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: VC Synergy added
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:47 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Always fun to completely bypass defense.
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Although she costs too much and is weak, a 7 or higher on the D-20 isn't hard to roll and can be useful for killing off powerful sqads like the tagawa samurai or the sentinels of Jandar. A 17 or higher is kind of hard to roll, but pretty cheap to kill a hero figure. But still she's very weak and costs 140 which is a lot especailly in 300 to 400 point games.
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I dont use Sudema personally but one thing that can be said for her in regards to her value, her power is virtually the same as Braxas' acid breath except she can only hit one unit at a time and SHE ISN'T RESTRICTED TO SMALL AND MEDIUM UNITS.

This means that if she does survive and you can get her close enough, she has the potential to destroy a large or even a huge hero like Nifilium or Jotun in one D20 role that has much better odds of working than Dead Eye Dan's Sharpshooter ability.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I killed Jotun with her 'Stare of Stone' ability to win the game. Man was that a sweet finish.

Old May 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM

manger has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Sudema

Sudema is quickly earning the right to return to the game of Heroscape. With the introduction of Large expensive common squads in the new waves to come, we will see her point cost- 140 a justified expenditure! Examples of situations where Sudema will be superior to other squad destroyers (grimnak/braxas):
Templar Calv. marrow grok riders, deathstalkers.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manger View Post
Sudema is quickly earning the right to return to the game of Heroscape. With the introduction of Large expensive common squads in the new waves to come, we will see her point cost- 140 a justified expenditure! Examples of situations where Sudema will be superior to other squad destroyers (grimnak/braxas):
Templar Calv. marrow grok riders, deathstalkers.
Unfortunately, she still has that huge hindrance of only rolling ONCE. That alone should have knocked her down in points about 20....but it didn't.
So, regardless of size, she is no real 'squad-killer' as the squad is likely to kill her after she's had only one opportunity to roll....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've had some success with Sudema, but I've found to do that, the conditions have to be pretty ideal. I will use Sudema when:

1) I have Raelin
2) I have two squads or more of Rats
3) My opponent is fielding (or will probably be fielding) a very tough to kill, expensive hero. Charos, Q9 and Cyprien are some examples.

Sudema needs a lot of protection and patience. She also needs a bunch of cheap figures to send to the slaughter while she's trying to turn something to stone. She needs to concentrate on big heroes or strong unique squads that she can cripple by killing one member.

Let me tell you, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more satisfying than D20-ing Q9 in one roll. I've done it with Runa, but it's much easier with Sudema when she has Raelin and Q9 is rat-infested.

My favorite Sudema army:

Sudema - 140
Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x2 - 80
Major Q10 - 150
Marro Warriors - 50

Total = 500

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:32 AM

eveningdrive has disabled reputation
At 140 pts. her value goes up the higher the army pts. Higher army values means more heavy hitters on the board, and conveniently, more points for you to allocate to other units.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

My Custom Cards and Figures
My Custom Maps and Scenarios
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I recently drafted Sudema with Raelin1 and several squads of Blasts/Glads. She's perfect in Vydar's army with those Soulborgs.
The Glads can hold nearly anything down and allow Sudema to move in and attempt her deathly stare.
Sure it's a big gamble with 1 attempt at the D20 roll each turn, but when it works, it's excellent.

Our game was on a small map with both sides fielding Raelin1. Sudema was able to slip past a horde of zombies and make her way near my opponent's Raelin. She Stone Stared the fresh Kyrie warrior and late in the game, destroyed a fresh Drake2 with another Stoning.

Her cost and frailty are a big issue, but the ability to destroy any hero and the presence of the threat is very sweet.
Old October 12th, 2007, 06:09 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
I killed Jotun with her 'Stare of Stone' ability to win the game. Man was that a sweet finish.
And here is a REAL game:

You put all of your turn markers on Sudema, then she gets killed by the Mitonsoul glyph.
MAN THAT HAD TO SUCK!!! that was almost as bad as a death walker destroying over half your army with explosian in the beginning of the game! well seduma is just for risky kills against for heros, but better for squads, but if anything got close then it would kill her 1-2 turns.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 15th, 2007, 07:10 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Meh.

Truthfully, Sudema was never good to me.I only drafted her into my army for role-playing purposes. How so? I always looked at what planets the characters were from. Krug, Brunak, Khosumet, Dund, Anubian wolves, Jotun, Theracus, Sudema, and Syvarris, and all the elves are from the planet feylund. Therefore, I got the evil generals' units and drafted them together, and called them"Team Feylund." Sudema would always die first, then leave the rest of the team weak, and ripe for attacking. Sudema has a good ability, but too little life to use the stare.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units