Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Good Comics?

OK so I posted this in the C3G Hangout thread but I think it got lost.

I recently read the JLA/Avenger Series, and it got me interested in a few heroes. Mainly Thor, Captain America, and Green Lantern. I was previously interested in Superman and Iron Man.

Any good recommendations of comics for these guys. Preferably older comics, I don't want to become a comic addict, spending ALL my money on comics.
Thanks,
tcglkn
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Good Comics?

As far as GL goes, you will want to read anything and everything written by Geoff Johns starting back with Sinestro Wars and forward. Next month, Blackest Night on trade back will be released, that is a must have of the Century really. Also, the volumes one and two of GL's Golden Age (which is really the siver age because Alan Scott was the Golden Age GL) is really good. Enjoy.
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can't go wrong with the Amalgam stuff either they mixed alot of everyones favorites together. I saw the picture you posted of Superman holding Cap's shield and Thor's hammer, and just to let you know they mixed Superman with Captian Amarica. Also I happen to have a card done for that character in my comic customs found in my sig (shameless plug) Other then that, I haven't gotten comics in a few years, but since I've gotten into customizing comics I may start up again.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:41 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

For Captain America, I'd give Winter Soldier, Parts 1 and 2 my highest recommendation. It's the beginning of current Cap writer Ed Brubaker's run on the comic. It's about as good as superhero comics get.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you're just looking for good comics, check out the Life Eaters. It's an interesting story about what might have happened in WWII if the Norse gods were real.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yeah, becoming a member of the C3G and starting my own customs thread has really sparked an intrest in comics. I am checking out Sinestro Wars now. Does anyone have any good comics for Thor or Captain America?
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

you said Captain America and IronMan in your first, so in my opinion, if you haven't read CivilWar then you should really give it a go..
But I'm primarily new-school, so that's just my favorite.. it was the one that got me hooked years ago
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
you said Captain America and IronMan in your first, so in my opinion, if you haven't read CivilWar then you should really give it a go..
But I'm primarily new-school, so that's just my favorite.. it was the one that got me hooked years ago
I just did. It was awesome
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Does anyone have any good comics for Thor?
Read Walter Simonson's run of Thor. If you want to get the comics it started at #337, but that might cost a bit. You can get the trades for a reasonable price. The first one is "Thor Visionaries - Walt Simonson Vol. 1." There are 5 volumes in all. You can get the first one from Amazon for under $15 new and much cheaper than that used. (And no, I don't work for Amazon.)

Here's a description of his run:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Thor was always one of the toughest assignments at Marvel. Producing the adventures of the Norse thunder god was an intimidating task; making the travails of Asgardian heroes interesting to a comic book audience was a staggering chore. It didn't help that any creator who leant his skills to the title would inevitably draw comparisons to the Wagnerian power of the character's initial artist, comics legend Jack Kirby. Defying convention, writer-artist Walt Simonson threw all preconceived notions out the window and over a two-and-a-half-year span produced epic adventure that held an ever-growing readership in thrall.

Simonson wove a complex series of adventures that shuttled mercilessly from the golden spires of fabled Asgard to the streets of New York City to the farthest stars in the Universe. The entire pantheon of the Aesir was completely reimagined through Simonson's powerful images, becoming both more contemporary while retaining their regal, mythic trappings.
Now Marvel presents the finest work of this visionary creator in this collection. Close your eyes and allow yourself to enter a world of rock trolls and frost giants, fire demons and trickster gods. Walt Simonson will take you into this fantastic world and make seem as real as your own.

Old July 16th, 2010, 08:31 AM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Nice! it's most rocking comic still in my opinion, you get's such an awesome feel of so many characters, which is great when you play MarvelScape..
Who's side are you on?
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nice! it's most rocking comic still in my opinion, you get's such an awesome feel of so many characters, which is great when you play MarvelScape..
Who's side are you on?
Which I was pretty disappointed in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - worst conversion of such an epic story ever.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Who's side are you on?
Cap's.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion