Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 15th, 2022, 05:21 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
So, um... Which Valkyrie is bright orange?
If Marvel Studios’ marketing has taught me anything over the years, it’s that probably none of the generals are bright orange and this is a one-off model deliberately molded in the wrong color so as to give away as little information as possible.
Technically it wasn't molded at all. That's a digital render, which means that (intentionally?) botching the color would cost absolutely nothing.

That said, they still had the easy option of using the same grey/white as yesterday's figures, and evidently chose not to.
Old September 15th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

It seems that a possible key piece of text might have been skimmed over in the description of the castle/ruins. It mentions a castle in the clouds. My immediate thought was are we getting some sort of cloud terrain?
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
It seems that a possible key piece of text might have been skimmed over in the description of the castle/ruins. It mentions a castle in the clouds. My immediate thought was are we getting some sort of cloud terrain?
Normally I'm not so sure we can take the post titles as solid information (they call the Etheric Familiars "space puppies", for one), but, well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine View Post
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 037 - "THERE ARE NO RULES OF ARCHITECTURE FOR A CASTLE IN THE CLOUDS."
Quote:
We call them angels, we proclaim them demons. We give the forms in the clouds names like Zeus, Odin, Shiva, Horus, Quetzalcoatl… but they are not of this world. They are something else, no less powerful, but from another place, another time.
Quote:
The Kyrie people are a proud and noble society, and in those long forgotten times of peace they were capable of great works of architecture and craftsmanship, with spires raising as high into the clouds as their wings could carry them.
This really is a recurring thing, isn't it? I think you're on to something.
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Let's all agree not too think too hard about why the flying Kyrie would ever have invented castles or ladders in the first place.

Old September 15th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Quote:
So, um... Which Valkyrie is bright orange?
If Marvel Studios’ marketing has taught me anything over the years, it’s that probably none of the generals are bright orange and this is a one-off model deliberately molded in the wrong color so as to give away as little information as possible.
Technically it wasn't molded at all. That's a digital render, which means that (intentionally?) botching the color would cost absolutely nothing.

That said, they still had the easy option of using the same grey/white as yesterday's figures, and evidently chose not to.
I’m not sure that’s a digital render. To me it looks like they used a 3D printer and printed in orange resin, which is quite common in boardgaming. In fact I still have a set of orange prototype figures for my game Aftermath.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I’m not sure that’s a digital render. To me it looks like they used a 3D printer and printed in orange resin, which is quite common in boardgaming. In fact I still have a set of orange prototype figures for my game Aftermath.
I'm almost certain that image is from the materials they're putting together for the crowdfunding campaign. I expect that is the final color the figure will be.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 15th, 2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Bottom text in the picture: "Digital concepts shown. Actual product may vary." Or is that supposed to only refer to the background and the black rock?
Old September 15th, 2022, 07:44 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regarding the orange Deathforge, I'll cite a seemingly overlooked quote from the news thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vecna
Quote:
Originally Posted by @LincolnTunnel
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Vecna
@Encarmine #SaveValkrill
All they have to do to save Valkrill is give him a reason to exist.
So Utgar is not all evil and lonely in his conquest. Even bad guys need friends.
You don’t think Utgar is the only evil aligned Valkyrie do you? I mean… we’re just getting restarted here.
We know that the figures will be colored by general, and a new faction would be a fine introduction for a new Valkyrie. I believe that we're seeing the final product in that screenshot.

(The IC would be a great Valkrill faction, though!)
Old September 15th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Bottom text in the picture: "Digital concepts shown. Actual product may vary." Or is that supposed to only refer to the background and the black rock?
Everything is of course speculation until the campaign begins, or officials have clearly stated the final plastic colors. This doesn’t look like a digitally rendered model to me, it looks like a physical 3D print. Because this image does look like a promotional image, I’m almost inclined to believe this is a potential final color for this model’s faction. This kind of thing can change right up until the manufacturing begins. Orange is an interesting color choice, regardless.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 16th, 2022, 12:59 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Let's all agree not too think too hard about why the flying Kyrie would ever have invented castles or ladders in the first place.

https://youtu.be/WYW_lPlekiQ
Well, we don't have Kyrie with Carry.
Old September 16th, 2022, 04:09 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Zoomed in to full resolution, that looks like a digital render to me, rather than a photo of a physical product. Some of those edges look very crisp and sharp, and the curved surfaces very smooth. Not sure even top-quality 3D printers can get results that perfect, though I'm not an expert.
Old September 16th, 2022, 09:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

New General announced. Revna.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion