Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 7th, 2020, 09:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Yeah, I could see that. The grounded aspect really works for me, but I did definitely enjoy the Fox cartoon growing up.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 7th, 2020, 10:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I really liked the Amazon version.
Old July 8th, 2020, 07:30 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Watched the most recent episode of Stargirl last night. I think the show is slipping fast away from what I enjoyed about the first episode or two. I know I’m not the key demographic so I won’t knock the direction it’s going. I was just hoping that the serious tone with fatalities along with decent special effects and Luke Wilson would be enough. I think the small town High School aspects just may not keep me. We will see.

I did finish season 2 of Titans though and that was stellar. Best Berlanti show since Season 2 of Arrow. Very dark yet plenty of appropriately timed comedic comments. Hopefully season 3 can be filmed relatively soon and then I need to wait for Blu-ray release because I don’t stream DC.
Old July 8th, 2020, 07:55 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It may take Stargirl a season to figure out what it is. Strong start though. Grundy!
Old July 9th, 2020, 06:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm still watching Stargirl, but I do think putting 14-15 year olds in serious combat danger is sick. I'm hoping to see adult versions of the JSA who have survived, in flashbacks, etc. I heard the parent DC streaming service has collapsed, so they may not have that bigger budget to use in the future.

Australia's First Four Billion Years on PBS/Nova is a great series about the evolution of life in Australia. Its sad to know that the recent fires have killed off much of the unique wildlife now Down Under. Prehistoric Road Trip was also fun if you're into dinosaurs; also PBS.

Last edited by chas; July 10th, 2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old July 9th, 2020, 07:10 AM

Agreed. I have watched both twice.
Ancient Australia is the setting of my RPG so that one was especially interesting for me.
Australia is fossil poor and a lot of discoveries have been made in the last couple of decades.
Old July 9th, 2020, 07:59 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Tornado,

Well, there you have it! There's a fourth episode of Australia up this morning. I like to watch On Demand, so I can take breaks, rewind, etc.

I love that bizarre floaty fish/ray thingy with the "circular cave of teeth" mouth on its underside. Truly weird! Also the giant centipede with beaver teeth. Also weird.
Old July 9th, 2020, 09:02 AM

For sure. Australia has had a really unique animal kingdom throughout history. Drop crocs are among my favorite.
Crocodiles that climbed trees and dropped in on their prey.
Another cool aspect is the Aboriginies who I believe are the oldest human culture. They have a verbal history going back to the Dream time. There are stories of creatures once considered to be myth but recent discoveries are proving them to be true.
Old July 10th, 2020, 06:38 AM

I just saw the fourth and final episode. But they're doing North America next!
Old July 10th, 2020, 07:12 AM

Very cool. Artic Camels.
Old July 11th, 2020, 11:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been watching tons of older TV shows lately, based on different recommendations from folks I trust.

Star Trek The Next Generation was my first proper dive into the franchise outside of The Wrath of Khan (which is excellent) and those awful JJ Abrams movies. It's really great and proof that all you need for a 10/10 show is good writing and good actors. I watched it by myself but after sampling it to my family they're all into it now.

Father Ted is hilarious and the entirety of it is on Youtube for free. It took me an episode or two to really get into its humor but it had me hooked pretty quick. I believe it's written by the same folks who write The IT Crowd so if you're a fan of that you'll probably like this.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel I haven't finished these two yet but so far they're pretty good shows as far as characterization, worldbuilding, and consistency go. Both shows were created by Joss Whedon and have that same tongue-in-cheek feel and bantery dialogue that would go on to characterize The Avengers and pretty much the whole MCU.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 12th, 2020, 07:14 AM

I liked Angel more but it had the benefit of Buffy laying down the groundwork. Was really sad when Angel was cancelled. Love Amy Acker.
It did continue as a comic though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV