Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 24th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

While you can “justify” Event Hero here (and lots of places we haven’t used it), getting Hyde to work in the faction is the end goal still and you’re going to end up being unhappy with him and an Event Hero or design a bunch of weird synergy pieces to include him.
Old October 24th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I do regret making Satanus an Event Hero but it also seemed like a good fit thematically and mechanically at the time.
At the time I thought it was weird for him to be able to use EQ glyphs but that would have been a terrible burden to place on the Dinosaurs faction so I am glad only Satanus paid the price there and I guess Old One Eye who pretty much had to be Event because Satanus is.
Old October 24th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
I'm not convinced a two-figure flip card is not possible. Case in point:

Why can Red Skull modify a special attack roll, even though the rules specify against that? Because the power spells it out. Exactly as I did in my draft, exactly as was stated here about the Werewolf draft:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sure, and he built that into his power where it was not built into the power either here or for Emma Frost.
But even if duel Jekyll/Hyde gets voted against for some arbitrary rule that may or may not exist, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do Jekyll at all. We'll just have to make it work.
The reasons given in this thread as to why 2-figure flip cards shouldn't be done weren't anything to do with rules, they were art and group resource reasons, given by members of the art team.

A 2-figure flip card requires 2 figures. (Bold claim, I know. ) That requires art team to do twice the work in cutting out a figure, making a hit box, etc., on top of all the work they already do. Meanwhile, the designer has to only pay the cost to make a single design.

That's not to mention the player having to find/buy/make 2 figures in order to get 1 workable design, which can especially be a pain for a design like this, where there's probably mods/repaints involved.

We tend to highly value what art team members have to say cause, tbh, they're the ones who do a ton of work to make the C3G product actually as cool as it does. If they say no to something art-related, I actually value that higher than what Heroes have to say.

All this is coming from someone who is actually probably more on your side than anything. I do think having flip cards with 2 figures is a cool design space, and it was part of the original concept for flip cards, we just moved away from it a bit when deciding what flip cards should actually be. I've been toying with a Quasar (Wendell Vaughn/Avril Kincaid) card based on their appearances in the recent GotG run, and I think that would be way more functional as a single design than as 2.

That being said, I don't think the way you're going about arguing your cases in this thread is super productive. If you really feel strongly that this design needs to be a 2-figure flip card, listen to people's concerns about that and come up with solutions. Certain things you've said (like the line I emphasized up above) feel argumentative and unproductive.

Trust me, one big lesson I've learnt from this group is that when you find yourself really strongly believing in something that multiple other people are opposed to, it's way more advantageous to take a step back and try to understand where they're coming from than just to dig your heels in and continue to argue your case. Often you'll find there's some middle ground where everyone is happy.

EDIT: (And fwiw, while I don’t want to spoil too much on an unfinished design that’s not mine, the werewolf you’re seeing referenced moved away from a flip mechanic for very similar reasons.)

Last edited by MrNobody; October 24th, 2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old October 24th, 2021, 02:17 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I think we were all pretty happy with Invisible Man and I even found a figure that might work well for him, I've put that in the figure ideas. Any additional thoughts or suggestions on this or do we have our first finalized design?

Quote:

NAME = INVISIBLE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = HAWLEY GRIFFIN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = EXTRAORDINARY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 105?

INVISIBILITY
Invisible Man can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

INVISIBLE INFILTRATION
After the first round, if you win initiative and Invisible Man is unengaged, you may place him adjacent to any figure on the battlefield within 10 spaces of Invisible Man that does not have the Blind Warrior special power and may:
• Look at any unrevealed Order Markers on that figure's card; or
• Roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. A blank rolled counts as 2 skulls.

SELF-SERVING BETRAYAL
Once per game, if you lose initiative with a roll of 6 or lower on any round after the first, remove any Order Markers on this figure's Army Card, choose an opponent to take control of this figure and its card, and place The Invisible Man's figure in that player's Start Zone.

Last edited by Splash; May 21st, 2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: link to mod
Old October 24th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks solid! I might boost his Attack up by one, just to give you a reason to want to take a turn with him, but I get this faction is going lower power in general.
Old October 24th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
That being said, I don't think the way you're going about arguing your cases in this thread is super productive. If you really feel strongly that this design needs to be a 2-figure flip card, listen to people's concerns about that and come up with solutions. Certain things you've said (like the line I emphasized up above) feel argumentative and unproductive.
Not my intention, and I do apologize, don't want to push folks away or be a drag. Seemed unclear whether there was either no written rule at all, or if there was, it was somewhere I can't see. And if it was, seems like something that could be bypassed. As I said, we'll just make it work. Unique Hero and switch cards is fine, I understand why folks want Jekyll/Hyde that way.

About the coach, William Samson's coach was specifically sent for them, and is emblazoned with the League Question Mark symbol. Certainly a large coach, probably made for them. Still, Hyde is hunched up in there with his knees in Nemo and Quatermain's faces.
Either way, I just didn't want Jekyll/Hyde driving. Being a passenger is fine. Figures that are not Unique Heroes may occupy the passenger area.
Moot point now, though.
Old October 24th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For Minis, that Xplosion Hulk looks good.

Reaper Minis John Kincaide is the way to go to Quatermain.
Spoiler Alert!

For Mina, Reaper Minis' Witch-Hunter is clearly Mina, but she has wild waving arms, and an open mouth.
Their Victorians is only 2 bucks more, you get 3 figures, one of which you can chop the head and hands off of to make Invisible Man, and there's two options that would both work for Mina. I waffle back and forth between which Victorian I like better for her. Modding a scarf seems easy enough.
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham Investigators Dexter Drake seems a good match for Jekyll. Scarf, hat, cane and cape.
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham Investigators Norman Withers almost matches his League Vol. 2 Issue 1 look.
Spoiler Alert!

Trying hard to find one that matches Nemo's ceremonial/military look. There's a few minis out there, but they're 54mm.
Old October 24th, 2021, 10:30 PM
Just A Head

That Victorian with an umbrella would make a great Missy from Doctor Who as well.
Old October 24th, 2021, 11:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
That Victorian with an umbrella would make a great Missy from Doctor Who as well.
Yes, please. (And Mrs. Bats would co-sign this one).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 26th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Casing the Corners

Some additional 28mm Captain Nemo options:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, Extraordinary Hero seems like a good rename for Allan's unblockables power.
Old October 26th, 2021, 08:53 AM
Just A Head

So are we going to get our first toyhandle LD out of this venture?

In my experience, 28mm stuff works okay with Clix/Scape. You do have to do a bit of handwaving though.
Old October 26th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Casing the Corners

Seems likely!

Updated Quatermain:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy