Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

View Poll Results: Was this a waste of Time?
No, Nothing custom is a waste of time in HS... 108 93.10%
Yes, Customs have no place in HS... 8 6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
PochoMan's Custom "Classic" Terrain, Obstacles, & Other Add

PochoMan's Custom Terrain, Obstacles, & Other HeroScape Additions
HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Custom HeroScape Army Cards My HeroScape created Army Cards for charactrers, units, glyphs, equipment, etc...
Custom HeroScape Figures Repainted and/or MODDed of Official HeroScape, ReBased HeroCLIX, D&D, other Miniatures, etc...
Custom HeroScape Terrain, Obstacles, & Other HeroScape Additions Custom terrain, buildings, obstacles, and other misc. additions, etc...

All [IMG] links are thru ImageShack®. Recently there have been problems with thier internal server. So if you get an Image Placeholder w/ an "X", right click "Show Picture".

CATAGORIES
Boats: Viking LongBoat,
Jungle Brush: Custom Brush,
Urban Terrain: Burnt up Building,
Statues: Elven Shrine, RotV Statues,

BOATS
Viking Longboat... I decided to take a stab at giving my Vikings back thier sea fairing ways by making a Longboat.

I came across the plans for a Viking ship after following a link in the thread Windmills?.

These are unfinished PICs. Tell me what you think...

Here are the finished PICs w/ Mast, Sail, and Water tile base. NOTE I still need to do a little touch painting.

JUNGLE BRUSH
Here are some PICs of jungle brush I tried to recreate as based off PICs from Gen Con...

STATUES
Elven Shrine... I got bored one day and decided to make a Syvarris statue using Grey paint and drybrushing. Then I did the same with Soelin. Anyway had some Wedding Columns lying around with some extra 7-,2-, & 1-hexers, and WALA

Rise of the Valkyrie Statues...Since all figures in the RotV MS are unique there was no reason for me to keep any more than 1 set. So I would rip the figures, Literally, off thier bases, keeping the base for custom creations and giving the figs to my son.

Then I started to thinking about making statues for Sudema's Lair as Line of Sight Obstacles and thought I'd paint a set of Figs with Flek Stone Paint.

The PIC represents a non and painted version...

Finn & Thorgrim Viking Champions, Tarn Viking Warriors

Mimring, Grimnak

SGT Drake Alexander & Airborne Elite, Ne-Gok-Sa & Marrow Warriors

Agent Carr & Krav Maga Agents; Izzumi Samurai

DW8000 & Zettian Guards; Syvarris & Raelin

(L)Harbor Gray; Finn, Thorgrim, Tarn Viking Warriors, and Mimring
(R)Sante Fe Sand; Everyone else.

URBAN TERRAIN
Buildings as posted in Burnt up House post by Insomnimaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
Cool Idea. Looks like something that would fit into an urban battleground or HeroScape Marvel Legends very well.

I'll be making some of my own very soon...
I would like to see what you've got in mind. Make sure you post pictures, promise? It wasn't really my idea. I walked into a game store and they had something like this for $40 or so and I thought that was too much plus I wanted to make the AE feel right at home.
As promised, here's my attempt at a building. A little too big but I'll try and make a smaller one.

Quote:
Dang! Look at that. It IS huge, but I like it. It looks like the windows are a little high for the figures, but that is great!!

I've yet come up with a way to make a step or a ladder to the 2nd floor but am thinking about making "rubble" spaces going up.. Ahh, just an idea. Haven't been in the HS room in a week, works been crazy.
Here's the Smaller one...

And both on the same terain...

Quote:
Are you going to texture the walls? Seems like you're really working on that thing.. Keep up the good work. Makes me want to finish mine, but the wife is sleeping and she'll kill me if I awake her.. haha
I was going to do the spackle thing but was lazy so I used some of my stone paint instead.

Im going to paint the inside walls gray or IF I can get enough patience wall paper and stain it, LOL...

Last edited by PochoMan; April 17th, 2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:00 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Did you use two seperate paint shades, or is that just the lighting?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Did you use two seperate paint shades, or is that just the lighting?
Is it that noticable? I painted the Vikings and Mimring with Harbor Fog, and the rest with a Sandstone. I had hopes to do every theing with the Harbor Fog.
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, PochoMan!

On behalf of our picture craving and extra-pale community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the acclaim, support and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, curious about the gap between registration and first post

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Nice job, although prefer a grey colored stone, but that's just me.

FINISH HIM!
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
They look Gray to me,

Nice work PochoMan!!!!!

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old March 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
They look Gray to me,

Nice work PochoMan!!!!!
Meh, It looks more like a white marble color, it may just be th lighting though.

FINISH HIM!
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Nice statues, I've been saving some of my MS figures in the idea that I might make some statues with them. Mimring in particular I think would be good.
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
you see the one vote for waste of time, that was me by accident. my trigger finger was getting antsy. I don't think it was a waste of time. good job!

6 x 9 = 42

Old April 8th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
They look Gray to me,

Nice work PochoMan!!!!!
Meh, It looks more like a white marble color, it may just be th lighting though.
My first attempts were Mimring, Thorgrim, Fin, & Tarn Vikings done in "Harbor Fog". Everyone else was done in "Sante Fe Sand"
As for them looking like White Marble, I think it was due to the NEW Digi-Cam and experimenting with settings. I wish they were Marblized but then again it was intended for Sudema as statuettes...
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
For the interior walls, you could paint, or use craft sticks stained as wainscoting, with wallpaper above. Make sure to think in multiple rooms. Plus, there are the dollhouse interior furnishings you can use, possibly damaged, as decor/terrain. I can see a bathtub purched precariously on the edge of a 3rd floor hex....

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
For some reason that makes me think of Mortal Kombat. Like I'll I'm imagining is those are hero's who didn't quite cut it, so they were turned to stone.

BTW that is a good thing if it didn't come across that way.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles