Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2018, 01:16 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: An Impactful Customs Creator

I may need advice for heroscape stuff from someone with experience to have a impact on the community. The year is almost over and I do know what's in ab order marker.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 01:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I may need advice for heroscape stuff from someone with experience to have a impact on the community. The year is almost over and I do know what's in ab order marker.
The only advice I can give is to play against people you’ve never played against. Whether that is at a tournement or via online, you’ve never played competitive until you’ve been thoroughly thrashed by a complete stranger.

I recall my first tournement, I lost every match I played in. I’ve lost several other tournements too, for varying reasons. And I’ve won a few as well.

After you’ve played competitively, you really see units (both official and custom), in a different light. The more you play, the more you see.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 08:35 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
The only advice I can give is to play against people you’ve never played against. Whether that is at a tournement or via online, you’ve never played competitive until you’ve been thoroughly thrashed by a complete stranger.

I recall my first tournement, I lost every match I played in. I’ve lost several other tournements too, for varying reasons. And I’ve won a few as well.

After you’ve played competitively, you really see units (both official and custom), in a different light. The more you play, the more you see.
I agree with @flameslayer93 . The best way to learn how to use OMs is to play against experienced and different players. I have never utilized it but you can play HS online as a way to play against experienced players.
Also, in lieu of opportunities to play, if you haven't read them already @Jexik has the quintessential guide to OM usage in this post and this post.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 09:57 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm pretty sure that @Heroscaper101 was asking about his rep status. If I understand correctly, he's wanting to make more of an impact on the community so that he gets more rep.

From the little experience I have, it seems the most straightforward answer is to be a contributing member of the community and to look for opportunities to help others out. A primary way you do that is by offering meaningful feedback. Both @Lamaclown 's and @Scytale 's articles posted/referenced earlier in this thread do a great job of explaining that in greater detail.

To make it a little more personal - think about what @superfrog and @MrNobody (and others) have been doing for you, Heroscaper101. They have invested a lot of time with helping you develop your units just because they want to help. That's what makes this community so awesome. And from my experience, even with being a new member and not having as much experience as others on this site, people still appreciate the effort you take to offer your insights even though others may offer better feedback based on their experience. People may disagree with what you say, but it's more that you took time to offer something meaningful to the community. So that's what I'd recommend - take time to offer meaningful feedback to others without expectation of receiving +rep for it, and the rep will come in time.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old November 22nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. The little green boxes take care of themselves, in time. Chasing them is, I suspect, more harmful then helpful.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 22nd, 2018, 11:15 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I'm pretty sure that @Heroscaper101 was asking about his rep status. If I understand correctly, he's wanting to make more of an impact on the community so that he gets more rep.
Aaaahh... I can see clearly now
Well, Jexik's articles are really good though
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Also, @Heroscaper 101 , I encourage you to play online. If you have not already done so.

It is one thing to know a game theoretically and from playing with one or two others, it is another thing to play with the larger community. And it’s fun!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I used to only play with my siblings and a couple of friends until I came to the D/FW scene this last year. Playing with new (and experienced) people is when I came to understand the game at a much deeper level.

If there isn't a local scene around you, then I second the suggestion of playing online. You really learn a lot from playing against new people.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Along with all my brothers being super competitive. Its been a real treat getting to play against all the people here in Utah/Idaho at the continual tournaments. There are lots of different play styles and tactics that you just dont think about that others do. Im constantly seeing new ways and combinations of how to use units Ive been playing for years. About the rep, if you post fun or inspiring things and help your fellow scapers every now and again you might get one. I look at it like rep on ebay, even if you did a great job on a transaction that doesnt mean the other guy is going to put in the time and effort into recognizing it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 22nd, 2018, 03:07 PM

Quick comment about rep.
I have actually received very little rep for my customs (hmmm... maybe that should tell me something about my customs). The majority of my rep came from developing and offering resources and helpful comments, links, and posts. IOW, it is the time devoted to other scapers that I have received rep for, not for the time I devoted to myself and my customs. I am not saying do things like that in order to get repped, but just to underscore that investing in others in the community is the best way to make an impact, not just by making cool units.
Hope that helps.
Old November 25th, 2018, 11:56 AM

I added another part to the OP:
Ask Yourself "Why?"

Check it out and let us know your thoughts.
Old November 25th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome! You’ve taken something that I think every customs creator has felt at some point, and put it rather poetically into words.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards