Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old January 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: 3 Player Games - Ethics?

In my neck of the woods, 3 player games are the norm, we rarely play 1vs 1 games. 4 player free for all or 2vs 2 games are a luxury since my one brother is out on a mission for his church. I like the kill the player on your right technique, seems like that is the closest way to make it even. But really I don't care if I win. I just want to kill as many figures as I can, cause that is what is fun to me. I generally get ganged up on, due to the fact that I want as much blood as I can get. Also, when I build a map for a 3 free for all I center it with a 3 hex and make it symmetrical 3 ways branching out from that 3 hex. That keeps everyone spaced apart from each others startzones evenly. Thanks for the topic, It was a fun read.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 11th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I did a quick read of the thread, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. I think by far the fairest way is this:

Keep track of how many points you kill on the other two teams. Your final score is the lowest. So if you kill 350 on one team, 75 on the other, that 75 points is your score. It makes it's so that you have to focus on two different teams instead of the same one.

Unless your my brother. In which case, you will happily take the loss if it means wiping me from the board
Old January 11th, 2015, 07:18 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I did a quick read of the thread, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. I think by far the fairest way is this:

Keep track of how many points you kill on the other two teams. Your final score is the lowest. So if you kill 350 on one team, 75 on the other, that 75 points is your score. It makes it's so that you have to focus on two different teams instead of the same one.

Unless your my brother. In which case, you will happily take the loss if it means wiping me from the board
That sounds like a simple, yet genius idea. I like it a lot.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 11th, 2015, 09:30 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

If I did that, my brother would take out me first, like always. Then my dad plods up to battle, and allies are made, then attacked. I don't find mcuh problems with any 3-player game ethics. It adds a whole new level of manipulation and strategy/diplomacy to it.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 11th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Brilliant. I'll need to try that.
Old January 11th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Really? If you're keeping track of how many points you kill, just make the winner the person who gets the most points. Easy peasy, and how I run my multiplayer tournaments.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 11th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
Brilliant. I'll need to try that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
That sounds like a simple, yet genius idea. I like it a lot.
Thanks guys, just know it wasn't my idea. Wish I credit whoever it was, I heard it thrown out over on DakkaDakka when I browsing by one day. Not sure whom, but I liked it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Really? If you're keeping track of how many points you kill, just make the winner the person who gets the most points. Easy peasy, and how I run my multiplayer tournaments.
Yeah, but that still allows people to focus down one team, which almost always happens. What you do is a lot more straightforward though, and probably more suited with all those people in tournament. I'd imagine it would be difficult to keep track of split points with a bunch of players
Old January 12th, 2015, 09:47 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:

If I did that, my brother would take out me first, like always. Then my dad plods up to battle, and allies are made, then attacked. I don't find mcuh problems with any 3-player game ethics. It adds a whole new level of manipulation and strategy/diplomacy to it.
Yep, same here. If someone tries pulling one of those "Please don't kill me, I only have two figures left!" stunts, this is what they're gonna hear:

(All in good fun, of course. )

True Valkyrie Generals never beg for mercy!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yep, that works too.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:32 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yep, same here. If someone tries pulling one of those "Please don't kill me, I only have two figures left!" stunts, this is what they're gonna hear:

Well, somebody begged. He was my brother. He died after losing his Stingers to Wannok. That game was the story of Dave the 4th Mass. I think the whole begging for mercy never happens. What happens in our game is me and my brother duke it out, until a new guy joins the fight and kills both of our things. Then we gang up on him until it's about even. Hiding until the end never really works with us, because they're often dead.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 12th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well, somebody begged. He was my brother. He died after losing his Stingers to Wannok. That game was the story of Dave the 4th Mass. I think the whole begging for mercy never happens. What happens in our game is me and my brother duke it out, until a new guy joins the fight and kills both of our things. Then we gang up on him until it's about even. Hiding until the end never really works with us, because they're often dead.
Lol! Usually when me, my sister, and my buddy play, they both gang up on me and I lose. But It's ok. I take as many with me as possible.

Old January 12th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I like games best where once a player is eliminated--the game is over.

That is the main reason we play "kill the player on your left" (or right, sometimes). Once any player is dead/eliminated, the game is over and someone has won.

I also have to admit that I love the choices that game creates (if you fight back too hard against the guy hitting you, then you're only helping your other opponent win their objective!), but the thing I like best is that there is no player elimination. Well, there is one player elimination, but the game is over. No playing on with one person stuck just watching.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles