Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 29th, 2014, 10:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Design Phase

Plus it would give a ton of feedback from different people.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:18 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That too. Thanks again guys.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
I still should be able to finish up the Squad Tests at least, so an army test would be fantastic. Thanks, man.
Just one, or did you mean the army tests?
I haven't started work on either one, so I technically need both done. I just don't like the idea of shoving the lion's share of my work onto one guy.

EDIT: Thanks, Viegon. If each of you did one, that would be fantastic!
Sure, I could easily get in a game, no problem.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'm more than happy to throw in a game or 2. we'll see how it goes.
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:04 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Okay, here's a pair of games for Kane. In the first one, working with Enchantress, he did crazy good, but this seems due to the boost from Enchantment and because he wasn't attacked for the early part of the game (in the end, his team lost). In the second game he didn't do nearly as well, but did land a crucial two wounds on Booster Gold to finish him off, which I believe allowed his team to pull out the win.

Overall, I really like Kane. He's simple but fun and fills a nice role. I think 150 is just about right for his cost.

My one concern, though, is that he'll be drastically overshadowed by Swordsman. For only 10 more points, Swordsman offers you 5 attack and Swordplay, which Kane can only get through Righteous Retribution. On top of that, Swordsman also has Counterstrike, a strong SA, and synergies.

Also, I ran into an interesting question with Righteous Retribution: what happens when the figure with Kane's marker on its card dies for a different reason? Currently, Kane would lose his marker permanently, but that seems weird thematically.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Solomon Kane

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 150 seems close.
- Give a brief overview. Kane got to do a lot this game. With Enchantress and Deadpool absorbing attacks, Kane went through most of the battle without getting attacked, allowing him to pick off all the enemies on the edge of the battle. Swordplay with Enchantment was nice, and the one turn I got to use Righteous Retribution it really paid off.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: All 9 wounds to Catwoman, 5 Crime Alley Crooks, 3 wounds to Black Cat.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Righteous Retribution: Order of use: marker placed on Crime Alley Crooks, marker used, boosted 4 attacks; marker placed on Grey Gargoyle, marker not used.
Swordplay: 9 total additional attacks.
Keep the Faith: N/A

Map: A custom Asteroid M map, RotV x2 and FotA x1 (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Solomon Kane, Enchantress, Deadpool, Kid Flash, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (965 points) VS Crime Alley Crooks x5, Black Cat, Catwoman, Grey Gargoyle, Shocker (965 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 150 seems perfect.
- Give a brief overview. Kane didn't last too long this game, but he did get in one crucial turn where, boosted by Righteous Retribution, he finished off Booster Gold. If he hadn't finished Booster Gold off at this point his team would have likely lost, but as it happened his team very narrowly pulled out the win.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 2 wounds to Booster Gold.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Righteous Retribution: Order of use: marker placed on Kang, marker used, boosted 1 attack; marker placed on Kang, marker used, boosted 1 attack; marker placed on Booster Gold, marker used, boosted 1 attack.
Swordplay: 0 total additional attacks.
Keep the Faith: N/A

Map: A custom map similar to Sewer Labyrinth, BftU x1 and FotA x2 (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Solomon Kane, Iron Patriot, Bane, Emma Frost, Beat Cops x3, SWAT Explosives Expert x1 (1,030 points) VS Oracle, Arnim Zola, Kang x1, Booster Gold, Hawkeye (II) (1,030 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:24 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Your point about Swordsman is a good one. What if we had Kane tested at 140?
Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
I'll leave it up to F_G and the Heroes, but based on my games I would say 140 is too low. Plus, unless there was just no way I could fit the points, I'd still try to work Swordsman into my army even at a 20 points difference. Seems to me points won't fix this.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
I'll leave it up to F_G and the Heroes, but based on my games I would say 140 is too low. Plus, unless there was just no way I could fit the points, I'd still try to work Swordsman into my army even at a 20 points difference. Seems to me points won't fix this.
Yeah, in that case I'd just roll w/ the 150 as is and let player styles dictate his draft potential. He's still a worthy consideration in certain army builds.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

FG, if you're comfortable with moving forward with Viegon's results, I'll just do you're sidekick test and be the first public playtest

I'm looking at running him with Swordsman to get a feel of if there is any real competition there. Then I've got a Cap/Enchantress build that I'm thinking of running him with.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:32 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm, not excited about his low draftability, but not every card can be equally draftable, so that works. Thanks again for helping out, Viegon.

I propose we move to Public Playtesting!

Riddler
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:37 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Vote for Public Playtesting

Oh, we should probably address Viegon's concern about Righteous retribution first.

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane is attacked by an opponent's figure and receives one or more wounds, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before attacking a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card with Solomon Kane, you may remove your Retribution Marker from the defending figure's card and place it back on this card to add 2 to Solomon Kane's attack number for the remainder of the turn. If a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card is destroyed place the marker back on this card.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:41 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Re: The Book of Solomon Kane - Vote for Public Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Oh, we should probably address Viegon's concern about Righteous retribution first.

RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION
Start the game with 1 black Retribution Marker on this card. If a friendly figure within clear sight of Solomon Kane is attacked by an opponent's figure and receives one or more wounds, you may place your Retribution Marker on the attacking figure's card. Before attacking a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card with Solomon Kane, you may remove your Retribution Marker from the defending figure's card and place it back on this card to add 2 to Solomon Kane's attack number for the remainder of the turn. If a figure with your Retribution Marker on its card is destroyed place the marker back on this card.
Yep. Looks good to me, but my wording isn't all that great. SirG?

Riddler

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library