Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Jean Grey C3G X-Men Master Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Yahoo! Ready to Playtest!
Nice to know I can make you happy without you sitting on my lap.
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Sheesh...
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Sheesh...
I'm glad I got the floor and not GrewOwl's lap. No offense GO.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Jean Grey C3G X-Men Set - Playtesting Phase!

Just for the record, I don't want any of you guys on my lap!
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Uh ... no issue with that one here. Blame Captain Underpants, king of the homosexual overtones.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jean Grey

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass? YES
TEST 1
Map: Badru Valley
Units: Jean VS Black Canary
Jean takes a position on height, while Canary circles a tree out of sight to avoid the Psionic Grip. Canary moves in with Fists of Fury and rolls 4 skulls, 3 skulls, then 1 skull, netting Jean a total of 2 wounds. That could have been much worse if Jean hadn't had height. Jean fails to throw Canary but attacks and gives her a wound. Canary attacks and gives Jean 1 wound. Jean throws Canary but fails the damage. Then Jean attacks and gives Canary one more wound. Canary tries to move, but Psionic grip stops her from advancing. She then Cries but fails to harm Jean. Next round, Canary gets initiative and this time manages to engage Jean and rolls 3 skulls then 1 skull, but Jean blocks them all. Jean then throws Canary, fails the damage, but deals 3 more wounds with a huge normal attack.
Jean wins with 3 wounds.

TEST 2
Units: Jean Grey VS Batman
Jean takes height, but Batman takes the opposing position from where he can attack with Batarangs but Jean cannot fight back. Batman misses, but the point was to force her to come to him and deal with his fists instead. So Jean advances and tries to throw Batman but cannot, so she attacks and misses. Then Bats rushes in and punches her giving her 3 wounds. Jean retaliates and throw Batman and gives him damage from the fall, then attacks and lands 2 wounds. Next round Batman cannot move due to Psionic Grip and so he throws a Batarang but misses. Then Jean moves onto height next to Batman, attempts to throw, misses, then attacks with 5 skulls, Batman fails his E-Strike and dies.
Jean wins with 3 wounds.

TEST 3
Units: Jean Grey VS Sujoah
Jean takes a height position, but Sujoah hides behind a tree in preparation to ambush Jean and avoid the Grip. But Jean gets antsy and moves up and attacks Sujoah and lands 3 wounds. Then Sujoah moves up to attack on height, and since the terrain was difficult, this would be the only chance Sujoah would get to roll a normal attack on height, so he does and connects with 3 wounds on Jean. Jean climbs up and attacks sujoah and lands one more wound. Sujoah goes for his poison attack but fails since jean was on height. Next round Jean goes first and kills Sujoah with an attack of 4 skulls out of 5 dice!
Jean wins with 3 wounds.

TEST 4
Units: Jean Grey VS Joker
Joker moves up as far as he can. Jean takes her height position. Joker notices he has better range, so he moves up a mountain taking height on Jean and forcing her to come at him. Joker attacks on that height but misses. Jean advances on him but remains at height disadvantage and she fails her throw and attack. Joker then rolls for Wanna Hear Another and connects with a wound, then another. Next round Jean moves up on height, fails her throw, but attacks and gives Joker 3 wounds. Joker tries to move but couldn't due to the Grip. Joker attacks with Wanna Hear another but fails. Jean throws Joker, he takes a wound from the damage, then she attacks him and gives him 1 wound, putting him one away from death. Joker rolls for Wanna Hear Another and connects with a wound, then another for the kill.
Joker wins with 5 wounds.

TEST 5
Units: Jean VS Q9
Jean rushes in to try and close the distance on Q9's range quickly. Q9 moves up and attacks with a special attack, Jean takes 1 total wound. Jean moves up the adjacent hill and attacks with height and gives Q9 3 wounds with a normal attack! Then Q9 tries to move up to avoid the height advantage but she stops him in his tracks with Grip. He attacks again and gives her 1 wound. Jean now moves up and engages Q9 and takes a height that she would have for the rest of the game. She fails her attack, and Q9 gives her another wound. One whole round goes by with neither Hero taking any wounds. Then jean gets initiative and rolls 2 skulls but Q9 only rolled 1.
Jean wins with 3 wounds.

I know that she kinda dominated these tests, but I still think that she is 180 because of her potential glass jaw and defense powers. Even though Black Canary who has the same life and defense value, deserves the 190 because of her extreme offensive nature being able to balance out the potential of a devastating single hit of 4 wounds, where Jean doesn't. In the Joker test you can see that even the Joker had what it took to give her 4 wounds.

- Squad/ Does it pass? YES
Units: Jean Grey VS X3 Marro Stingers
Stinger fan out in order to surround the Mutant. Jean Grey rushes in but cannot find a target. Stingers take height and fire away with 2 wounds, then 1 wound, then a miss. Jean runs up a hill and kills one with a normal attack. 3 stingers surround the hill and fire but miss Red on height. Next round Red throws one away and kills it, then blasts another and kills it. Stinger try and regroup but fail to get to Jean or just fail the attack. Jean then advances a tad and throws another one, but fails the damage, then attacks it and kills it. Then the stingers roll an 18 for the drain and attack her and kill her.
Stingers win with 5 left.

- Melee Based Army/ Does it pass? YES
Units: Jean, Crixus, and Hawkgirl VS Abomination, Spiderman, and Marcu
Jean moves up a bit and throws Crixus onto a nice height location. Spidey swings towards the Mutant. Hawkgirl swoops up and takes the high point on a near by mountain. Then Spidey moves up again and misses his Web attack on Jean. Jean takes a good location where she is in a posistion to throw either Crixus or Hawkgirl if necessary. Abomination leaps up, but just hangs out on a mountain side ready to run in next round. Abomb moves up and attacks Crixus, but Crixus rolls 1 shield, and nets one total wound. Jean fails her throw of Spidey, but attacks him and gives him a wound. Spidey swing out and misses on Crixus with his web. Crixus deals three wounds to Abomb. Abomb then tries to move towards Jean, but he couldn't because of the Grip. Jean then throws Spidey away giving him another wound, then another with an attack. Next round, Abomb disengages safely from Crixus and engages Jean, and gives her 2 wounds. Crixus moves in and attacks Spidey but misses rolling zero skulls. Abomb attacks Jean again only giving her one wound. Then Jean throws Abomb into Crixus who has height and he takes another wound from throwing damage, but Jean fails the attack. Abomb tries to take a leaving engagement strike from Crixus, but Jean prevented him from moving with her Psionic Grip. So Abomb attacked up at Crixus who takes a single wound. Then Crixus attacks Abomb and puts him one wound away from death. Next round, Abomb opens it up by finally killing Crixus, Then Hawkgirl swoops in and kills Abomb and Spider man with a double attack! Jean runs towards Marcu in the start zone and then she successfully throws herself up on top of the mountain looking down at him. Spidey lost his team a turn with his death, so Jean throws Hawkgirl up the mountain right next to her. Next round, Marcu moves up and attacks Jean but fails. Then HG gives him 4 wounds! Marcu kills Jean Grey and reduces his damage down to three. HG then kills Marcu.
Hawkgirl wins with 0 wounds.

Crixus' ability to soak so much damage off of Abomb, while Jean forced Abomb to stay engaged with only Crixus really made this team work well.

- Ranged Based Army/ Does it pass? YES
Units: Jean, Pyro, Death Reavers X2, Nakita Agents VS Dr Doom, Green Arrow, Krav Maga
The Krav moved up and so did the Nakitas. Then GA moved up and skill shot Pyro for two wounds. Jean moved up and then Telkin-threw herself up to the top of the mountain. Dr Doom moved up and tried to Mind E with GA but failed. Then the Death Reavers moved up. Next round the Reavers tied up GA and DD. Pyro moved up and attack one of his own Rats to get his chain of fire SA going and he gave GA two wounds and none to DD. DD then took a wound by leaving engagement with the Rat, but he moved towards Jean, attacked and missed. Then Jean threw DD and gave him his second wound, followed up with Jean killing an engaged Krav agent. DD killed a rat. Jean then threw DD adjacent to Pyro, but she failed her damage roll and her attack on him. Next round Pyro got initiative and engulfed DD giving him his third wound. Then DD attacked and missed Pyro, but he successfully Mind E with Jean again and forced her to thorw and kill a rat, then attack and kill Pyro. Death Reavers took a turn and surrounded DD and GA and they were able to kill GA. Then DD Attacked Jean and gave her two wounds, then rolled a 20 to Mind E! This time Jean was forced to throw herself at DD's feet at height disadvantage and then roll for damage which she took. Nakitas moved up and killed DD. Then the lone Krav killed a single Nakita. Next round the Nakitas killed the Krav agent.
2 Nakitas, 1 Rat, and Jean win with 3 wounds on Jean.

I played all of my tests at 180 and Jean really felt like a bargain at that price if you being very tactical and especially if you build an army that will complement and showcase her powers. Most of the time, Jean really felt like 200 for me, possibly because I had some good luck, I don't know. But it is because of her ability to be destroyed in one hit that makes me lean towards maintaining the price of 180.

Last edited by Griffin; February 15th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dunno ... beating Q9, Batman, and Black Canary is making her feel like 190 to me ... but the team tests will be the real test. I was feeling 190 for Cyclops after the hero tests as well, but now I'm starting to think 180 again.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I dunno ... beating Q9, Batman, and Black Canary is making her feel like 190 to me ... but the team tests will be the real test. I was feeling 190 for Cyclops after the hero tests as well, but now I'm starting to think 180 again.
As much as I don't want her cost to go up, you may be right. It is just that life of 4 that really scares me. At least BC can beat the crap out of you really fast, but in this test she was out matched.... so..
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM

And those tests were always close...
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
As much as I don't want her cost to go up, you may be right. It is just that life of 4 that really scares me. At least BC can beat the crap out of you really fast, but in this test she was out matched.... so..

Sounds like she did really well vs. heroes and not too bad vs. Stingers. But things can change during army tests. I don't have a problem with her being priced higher if need be if she's solid at that cost. Even non-Phoenix, she's still a pretty powerful mutant, so from a theme standpoint, I wouldn't be for powering her down to get to a lower cost.

I'll probably make her my next test subject, getting a little done today and throughout the week.

Old February 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

I managed to get one HH test with her vs. Zelrig before heading out for a while with the family. She took him out on t1 of r3. The fun thing was that Zelrig had the first turn of round 1 and moved out to 2 level height. JG moved but was 5 spaces away from Zelrig, so she attempted to move herself again with Telekinesis and succeeded, allowing her to move to height and two spaces from Zelrig and getting to attack with height, putting on a couple wounds.

Anyway, it was a great addition to allow her to attempt to move herself with Telekinesis, especially since it's thematic as she was able to "float/fly" with telekinesis in X-Factor.

Fun so far and can't wait to see what else she can do.

Old February 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I managed to get one HH test with her vs. Zelrig before heading out for a while with the family. She took him out on t1 of r3. The fun thing was that Zelrig had the first turn of round 1 and moved out to 2 level height. JG moved but was 5 spaces away from Zelrig, so she attempted to move herself again with Telekinesis and succeeded, allowing her to move to height and two spaces from Zelrig and getting to attack with height, putting on a couple wounds.

Anyway, it was a great addition to allow her to attempt to move herself with Telekinesis, especially since it's thematic as she was able to "float/fly" with telekinesis in X-Factor.

Fun so far and can't wait to see what else she can do.
Cool. Not only can she fly with telekinesis, but it is a stealth flying move as well!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library