Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 13th, 2016, 05:30 AM

dwrecks Woo who?
Are there any sites that sell custom heroscape figures>?

i don't own a printer, so hoping to do this instead. i emailed yoda junkie designs, but got no reply so idk if they're in business anymore. after dc/marvel stuff.
Old May 13th, 2016, 09:25 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Are there any sites that sell custom heroscape figures>?

I would strongly suggest avoiding random customs. If you look on eBay, they're nowhere near balanced. People put 6 health, 8 attack, 6 defense with crazy abilities for 150 points. They'll wreck your game.

Instead, I'd recommend poking around here to see what you can find. People on this site put in a ton more work than anything you'll find by Googling. Then, you can send the cards to UPS for printing ($.10 per page) or Arts Cow if you like the squared cards like me.
Old May 13th, 2016, 09:56 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sprite Michaele is exactly right. There is tons of great stuff on this site, usually using easily accessible minis from other games.

I'll go one step further and recommend checking out the C3V and SoV. These two groups work together to release custom units that are well designed, playtested, and balanced. Their releases keep growing classic Heroscape.

C3V/SOV Forum
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=75

C3V/SOV Index of Units Released
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33402

Last edited by bmon; May 13th, 2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Adding link
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Sprite Michaele is exactly right. There is tons of great stuff on this site, usually using easily accessible minis from other games.

I'll go one step further and recommend checking out the C3V and SoV. These two groups work together to release custom units that are well designed, playtested, and balanced. Their releases keep growing classic Heroscape.

C3V/SOV Forum
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=75

C3V/SOV Index of Units Released
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33402
Thank you for the kind words, bmon.

There *is* a guy who is selling, without any kind of markup I can tell, C3V and SoV figures. That guy is @CrazyTankster , and his "storefront" is right here on this very forum. And the card comes with it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:39 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrecks View Post
after dc/marvel stuff.
I do realize I missed this little sentence. In which case the group C3G is the one you'll be interested in. Like the C3V/SOV, they release their cards as PDFs. Just take these PDFs into your closest print shop and have them print them out.

C3G Index:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28457

Bottom line is that there is plenty of awesome content being shared on this site. With little work, any of these customs can be a part of your collection. Just acquire the minis, use your local print shop, and enjoy!
Old May 13th, 2016, 11:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

You are basically gonna have to buy the figures from a store and have the cards printed separately, with the only option to buy both being on the trade forum here, if you're lucky.
To see what figures there are and where to buy C3G (Aka DC, Marvel and other comics), use the C3G Sortable Index
To see what figures there are and where to buy C3V (Aka Customs continuing in the classic Valhalla style), use my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet

For cards, see my Combine any 3 cards 3/page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Download a precompiled 3/page PDF of all C3V/SoV, as well as other custom projects here.
If you only want to print selected C3V/SoV, C3G, or HoSS cards, I recommend using X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer instead of the below method

Combine any 3 cards 3/page with GIMP Script-Fu
TIPS for anyone taking to printer (Staples, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, FedEx office, or local independent printshops):
  • Save all pages you want to print in a root folder of the drive.
  • Buy your own paper in the office part of the store then take to print part of the store and pint on your "own" paper. Paper costs less than $1 a page and printing on your own paper costs 50-60 cents/page, verses printshop cardstock is $2 a page, so saves at least 50 cents/page. Plus they usually do not stock the bets paper that you can buy.
  • Buy 70-80 lb (175-220 gsm) semi-gloss. Glossy is fine but will might look too shiny compared to official cards. 50-65 lb (140-170 gsm) paper works OK, but won't be as thick as official cards. Sometimes it is advertised as index/cover or poster/catalog paper, but just look closely for the paper weight.
  • Make sure when they print they do not crop/resize by unchecking boxes like "fit picture to frame" or "fit to window" in print dialogs. In my experience, if you don't actually show them by watching them on the computer when printing, they do it wrong and the cards are slightly smaller and lower resolution than normal.
  • If double sided on cardstock, office stores all have issues, with printers jamming, paper shredding, and people working there too ignorant to know how to flip pages correctly. Some printers are incapable of doing double-sided on anything more than 54 lb weight, and each office store (even different Staples/CopyMax) have different printers, so if you really want double sided you might need to shop around testing 1 page at a time.
  • Always ask to print one page first, check how it looks, then if it is good print the rest. Every one of my time I have been it takes at least a couple pages to get right.
  • I highly recommend finding a local independent printshop over Stapes/CopyMax for multiple reasons: They are cheaper (some have setup fee but if you print a bunch at a time they are always cheaper if you average per page), they have better quality paper and ink, they have printers and workers capable of printing double-sided, they are usually more friendly and care about the work, plus its always better to support the independents.
  • For more tips, including more info on which paper to get or printing at home, see Xorlof's card printing tips

Enjoy!
Old May 14th, 2016, 12:00 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@lefton4ya

Thank you for all of that. Very helpful.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion