Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Vallum (single RotV) added 2/2/15

I really like Vallum Killometer. . A 1 RotV build is a challenge to make interesting when going with the symmetrical route, it pushes for asymmetry. And I think asymmetrical maps are too scarce around heroscapers; they pretty much always are more of a feat to make balanced/competitive than perfect or almost perfect-symmetry, and for that, I think a lot of people are afraid to try to make them. They also seem to require more time in making, with them you can't just spit out a map and dub it "competitive" just because each side is the same in symmetry. It's always a treat to see them for me, I find them much more interesting most of the time.

I also like that there's a random treasure glyph to the left, they're sometimes forgotten about.

It reminds me of a mixture between GameBear's Common Ground and your Dry Season, both great 1 RotV maps. Again, cool map.

When I finally get around to starting a map thread (right now my problem is I have a mac and am at college, I know there's a way to get windows on a mac but I'm not that great with computers and haven't tried getting it yet, I think I'm just going to wait and use my grandma's PC whenever I go home, then upload them from there), one of the first maps I'll post (I have 3 or 4 maps so far) is a 1 RotV map, can't wait to share it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've spent a bunch of time crunching what people like and don't like about @GameBear 's single Rise map Common Ground and my single Rise map Dry Season, and this is what I've come up with.
Haha, well then.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I really like Vallum...It reminds me of a mixture between GameBear's Common Ground and your Dry Season, both great 1 RotV maps. Again, cool map.

EDIT:
Quote:
I've spent a bunch of time crunching what people like and don't like about @GameBear 's single Rise map Common Ground and my single Rise map Dry Season, and this is what I've come up with.
Haha, well then.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. And I'm glad to see you made the connection before you saw my intention. I must have succeeded at least a little bit.

Quote:
one of the first maps I'll post (I have 3 or 4 maps so far) is a 1 RotV map, can't wait to share it.
Looking forward to seeing them, especially the single Rise.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old March 2nd, 2015, 01:29 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I've made some updates to Vallum.

I shrunk the platforms on levels 4 and 3 around each ruin to make the real estate there more valuable, and expanded level 2 to provide more room to maneuver around them. I added a narrow bridge between the two hill to improve movement between them, but kept it small to keep the two hills tactically separated. I added a subhill to each side of the lower hill, to add a strong stance there to keep that part of the map attractive in the shadow of the taller hill. Finally I added some water to the edge of the map to push action in towards the hills.

Original version:
Spoiler Alert!

Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:31 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Vallum (single RotV) updated 3/1/15

Looks very schmexy Killo. I particularly like the "mini-hills". I'll make sure to give it a whirl.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nice.

Except now I have to rebuild it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 2nd, 2015, 01:14 PM

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I particularly like the "mini-hills".
It took a long time for me to settle on where to put them. I kept trying to work them in nearer the tall hill, until I realized they'd go a great distance towards solving the problem you mentioned of the lower hill lacking draw. Now they're a good (but not great) Raelin/dragon/whoever perch over there: the gigh ground and glyph is too far for Raelin I to cover, and if you park a dragon or something similar there they cover a relatively limited chunk of map, thanks to its proximity to the SZ, ruins, and the edge of the map.

And, as always, I'd love to hear how the updates play.

Old March 5th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Cool. I'll have to see if I can get a chance to build it. Thanks for keeping at these RoTV maps, Killo!
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Cool. I'll have to see if I can get a chance to build it. Thanks for keeping at these RoTV maps, Killo!
If it sees some action and is well enough received mebbe I'll add it to your "must play" list.

And just in case I forgot, belated thanks for your BoV-eye input on Dry Season; I considered it a lot when working on Vallum.

Old July 13th, 2015, 07:14 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Killometer, how does Perilous Paradise play competitively (particularly for Heat of Battle)?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 1st, 2015, 03:40 AM

Sorry so slow to respond, elvenwizard. I've actually never played it as a HoB map, but I've played it a lot as just straight 1-on-1 kill 'em all, everything from 200 to 1000 points, and I'd be perfectly happy lining up on either side in a competitive format.

Though as I consider it, in a HoB format its standard start zones might be dead zones-it's really designed as a clash-in-the-middle map, with a lot of interesting terrain and options there, with relatively plain SZ regions to allow rapid deployment. Possibly removing or adjusting the ruins and/or moving the glyphs out to there would help mitigate that. I'll dwell on it and let you know if I come up with any improvements for that format.

Edit: Then again, maybe the relative safety provided by the ruins coupled with quick routes out from behind them will encourage some placement there...

Dunno. Requires more thought than I'm up for at 1 in the morning.

Last edited by Killometer; August 1st, 2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:17 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Sorry so slow to respond, elvenwizard. I've actually never played it as a HoB map, but I've played it a lot as just straight 1-on-1 kill 'em all, everything from 200 to 1000 points, and I'd be perfectly happy lining up on either side in a competitive format.

Though as I consider it, in a HoB format its standard start zones might be dead zones-it's really designed as a clash-in-the-middle map, with a lot of interesting terrain and options there, with relatively plain SZ regions to allow rapid deployment. Possibly removing or adjusting the ruins and/or moving the glyphs out to there would help mitigate that. I'll dwell on it and let you know if I come up with any improvements for that format.

Edit: Then again, maybe the relative safety provided by the ruins coupled with quick routes out from behind them will encourage some placement there...

Dunno. Requires more thought than I'm up for at 1 in the morning.
I'll see how it plays - looking forward to getting it built this week!

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios