Old July 28th, 2010, 02:22 AM

nimaid Woo who?
Re: Legality of HeroScape emulators?

Epic job!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM

Pygon knows what's in an order marker Pygon knows what's in an order marker

Greetings all.

Sorry to necro my old thread, but I finally got around to adding the Wave 12 figures.

Just plopping the pic here.

Eventually I'll get around to adding Wave 13.

And sorry, still not planning the share the app.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Pygon, you're aware that people are actually doing this already on google draw?

No ceace-and-desists, either.

Honestly, it's time to drop the humblebrag routine - there's no harm in sharing, really.
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:10 AM

humblebrag?

categorize it anyway you like.
I asked, they said no.

I'm only posting it because people might be curious, to catalog my progress, and maybe inspire someone to do it themselves.
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I have to agree with dok here being the game is discontinued and there are a few ways people have already started playing online keeping the application hidden serves no purpose. I can't tell you how many games discontinued and still in production even that I have seen being played on Vassal, Cyberboard, java platforms, etc.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

There's a chasm between them giving explicit permission (something they can't do lest they lose some of their rights) and their simply allowing people to customize, digitize, and otherwise use the game.

You can play many in-print games online. (Catan, etc.) None of those applications have permission to use the images or game concepts that they do.

You can also play Heroscape online. That version doesn't have permission to use the images it does. Heck, Virtualscape doesn't have permission from Hasbro, either, and it's been around for years.

You're welcome to keep your stuff to yourself, but you're not doing it for any reason but your own.
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

My HS site has been online for 6 years, and nobody said boo about taking it down. The only C&D email I received was when I tried making an army builder called Army Builder which is a name copyrighted by some other company, not Hasbro. (I planned to just rename it to Gather Your Army, but eventually lost interest in making it.)

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 6th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:08 PM

Wave 13.

It's been a long road.

The last figure I have to add that I have access to is the Jandar flag bearer. I also need to upgrade to support dungeon tiles, shadow tiles, the cavern glaciers, treasure glyphs, attaching treasure glyphs to Hero cards, moving treasure glyphs around, and placing shadow tiles. Who knows when or if that will happen.

I've read your comments, and you're right, my reasons for not making it public are my own.

I'm glad people have their ways of playing online.
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:50 PM

Support for Master Set 3 tiles and outcrops added.

Map: Shards!

I have no idea how I'll add support for moving treasure glyphs around and placing shadow tiles yet.

The app also currently doesn't allow me to straddle a two-space figure across a space with 0-height hex and a space without a 0-height hex. So I'll have to figure out a fix for that.

Last edited by Pygon; March 11th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old March 11th, 2012, 12:26 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Great job! I understand your reluctance to share the app, but I want to encourage you to make a public "Beta" to share as we would love to see it. Also check out StayOutOfTrees' Heroscape Online game he is coding. It would be cool if you could combine efforts on one project or at least swap code and/or graphics to reduce work on your own projects.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software