Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 20th, 2020, 09:34 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I was thinking you would have him place the figure adjacent at the end of his move. Now it places the figure wherever he is when he does the roll.

I think the roll 2 attack dice thing is weird. Is it considered an attack? There are powers that trigger on an attack or a skull rolled.

I would just simplify it and do a d20 roll for damage. Basically Chainfighter + Arthur of Sherwood and maybe Kira Jax
So I need to do two D20 rolls? Is that a thing that's... like acceptable to do? I didn't realize I could, which is why I was using a D20 roll for the reposition and an attack die for the damage. Maybe this does work better as a special attack.

Also, yeah I need to work on that wording I guess it just got extra long and I didn't notice where I was at. I need to change that to adjacent to where his movement "ends."
Old May 20th, 2020, 09:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I guess you've never read Jotun's card.

I think it works much better as a special power than a special attack. Have a look at the wording on Arthur of Sherwood. You basically want to blend the wording of Arthur of Sherwood with the Chainfighter and I think you'll be set.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 20th, 2020, 10:08 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I guess you've never read Jotun's card.

I think it works much better as a special power than a special attack. Have a look at the wording on Arthur of Sherwood. You basically want to blend the wording of Arthur of Sherwood with the Chainfighter and I think you'll be set.
Ok, I squeaked over to Jotun to see what the transition between rolls was and made a blender of the three abilities. I think I like how that turned out a lot better now.
Old May 20th, 2020, 11:00 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That's it! Much cleaner than what you had before overall.

Is the "may not attack that figure this turn" restriction new? Is that a balance thing or a theme thing?

--
--
--

--
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:47 AM

Quote:
That's it! Much cleaner than what you had before overall.

Is the "may not attack that figure this turn" restriction new? Is that a balance thing or a theme thing?
I agree, I like the refinement. The may not attack the figure came from the Sherwood card I think, that coupled with someone commented earlier that itd be busted if he could reposition, wound and then still attack.
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:50 AM

That's a fair point. Does he need 3 attack? Would 7 range be more consistent with the other lawmen and outlaws?

--
--
--

--
Old May 21st, 2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
That's a fair point. Does he need 3 attack? Would 7 range be more consistent with the other lawmen and outlaws?
I'd be willing to flex the numbers, originally I based him off Me-Burq-Sa's statline as a mounted unit and the made nerfs. Obviously the 2 defense fits in with the cowboys.

3 attack is negotiable, I kept the rage at 6 because I thought a threat range of 15 was huge and didnt know if it was the best idea. Plus, i wanted his gimmick to be focused on being the mounted unit of the lawmen/outlaw faction.

Last edited by Shiftrex; May 21st, 2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old September 18th, 2020, 10:42 AM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/18/20... Avernus)

UPDATES!

I used the D&D Icons of the Realms Figure Pack for descent into Avernus: Arkhan the Cruel and the Dark Order. (https://wizkids.com/dd-icons-of-the-...he-dark-order/) I came up with interesting designs, please feel free to comment and give constructive feedback.

The Minotaur with Dual Blades from the pack. Torogar Steelfist

The Tortle figure from the box, Krull.

The Manticore from the Box.

The Berserker figure from the Box re-imagined as a Druid.

Arkhan himself re-imagined as a malevolent spirit sealed by the Ninjas.

The white Abishai figure in the box.

I'll be adding these to my front post with detailed descriptions soon!
Old September 26th, 2020, 02:04 AM

Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/18/20... Avernus)

New addition for the big Construct guy line up!

After poking around this army, because I find it to be a lot of fun. I found that on a lot of the books for Talingul and the big constructs that the army seems like comments centered around them needing a ranged option. The Clay Golem is supposed to have similarities with the Iron Golem to include low life total and an ability that helps against special attack.

It is much more fragile than the Iron Golem but has the ability to throw "parts of itself" as a ranged attack. I'm imagining this as the Golem flinging pieces of itself off, which I originally thought needed to be a life point reducing ability but a Golem should be able to just mass more earth from the ground as it moves. Standing in water would give it more access to "soft" earth or clay thematically and justifies the enhancement to the special attack, shouldn't unbalance him though because water is typically on the lower parts of a map.

The figure I'm thinking of for this would be Clay Golem #26 from Monster Menagerie 2, there are almost 50 figures around scattered on different sites but it's not too plentiful at the moment so I'm looking for a better fit in the future.
Old September 26th, 2020, 02:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (Updated: 9/26/20... Clay Gol

The clay golem's special attack should read "Attack 2+Special. Otherwise it looks great!

Old November 20th, 2020, 10:00 PM

https://ibb.co/tDNnttm

New custom I've recently thought up because I like the Warforged Soldiers a lot! A neat little faction that I hadn't known much about until now. I'm thinking of using the dnd figure for Shield Guardian for it, the figure is very plentiful and fits the aesthetic I think. While I'm aware that Guardians are different entities from Warforged in a lore perspective in dnd, I think this could pass as a Warforged Titan something that does exist in the lore and were supposed to fight alongside normal warforged.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddwd...RoCWT0QAvD_BwE

Last edited by Shiftrex; November 20th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old December 6th, 2020, 02:36 AM

- - - - - - -

Akhenaten
Undead Commander

Frontal Assault - Strategic Field Commanders (1/3)

The figure used is Karrnathi Skeleton (swords) #002 from Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ZOMBIE HULK : PARALYZING FEAR
    Figures attacked by any Undead subtract one from their defense for every Zombie Hulk they are engaged to.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • All Guards *Under Construction.*

Comments and ideas welcome! I've done two tests and gone through four revisions on this guy so far, definitely look forward to making him better as time goes on.

NOTES: SoV fail led to redesign of figure in accordance with feedback.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 10th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards