Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Strong preference for A. This guy is known for cloning Spider-Man a billion times; if he can't clone Spider-Man a billion times I'd consider it a major theme fail.
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
This guy is known for cloning Spider-Man a billion times; if he can't clone Spider-Man a billion times I'd consider it a major theme fail.
It seems to me we're taking the restrictions in the wrong direction. If anything, it seems like it should be limited to a single hero that he can bring back multiple times (I posted a version like this awhile back).

Based on the poll options though, I lean towards A.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
This guy is known for cloning Spider-Man a billion times; if he can't clone Spider-Man a billion times I'd consider it a major theme fail.
It seems to me we're taking the restrictions in the wrong direction. If anything, it seems like it should be limited to a single hero that he can bring back multiple times (I posted a version like this awhile back).

My big issue with that is someone like Black Adam who is a heavy hitter and can heal would most likely hog all of the cloning activity with him.
Old November 4th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My big issue with that is someone like Black Adam who is a heavy hitter and can heal would most likely hog all of the cloning activity with him.
True, but it seems to me like that'd be the case regardless of which tweak we make to the power. Regardless of if I can only clone a hero once, I'm still going to draft him with at least two heavy hitters to clone, and unless I'm getting very lucky with the roll I won't be cloning anyone except those two. Units like Spider-Man are by nature a bad choice for cloning, and no amount of small tweaks will change that.

It seems the theme will need to be sacrificed some either way, I'm just trying to find the one that sacrifices the least.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

I'd be willing to re-open discussion on this version if we think it'd be problem-solving. I don't know why I wasn't in support of it before; seems appropriate for Jackal even if it's more of a departure from the basic Cloning power (though it seems like it'd be pretty impossible to avoid that at this point).
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

True, but it seems to me like that'd be the case regardless of which tweak we make to the power. Regardless of if I can only clone a hero once, I'm still going to draft him with at least two heavy hitters to clone, and unless I'm getting very lucky with the roll I won't be cloning anyone except those two. Units like Spider-Man are by nature a bad choice for cloning, and no amount of small tweaks will change that.
You're going to go for the strongest available figure no matter what.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just looking at the power set now and it seems like the 1W per activation and 1W per round side effect should be pretty effective at keeping it from getting out of control. A 4 life figure like Spider-Man would be dead again in no time, then you need to roll a 15+. Have the tests shown that not to be true?
Old November 4th, 2014, 10:02 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just looking at the power set now and it seems like the 1W per activation and 1W per round side effect should be pretty effective at keeping it from getting out of control. A 4 life figure like Spider-Man would be dead again in no time, then you need to roll a 15+. Have the tests shown that not to be true?
The recent tests from Ronin showed him to still be pretty strong.

Old November 5th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
EXPERIMENTAL CLONING 15
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Human, Mutate, or Clone Hero on the battlefield to be Jackal's Experiment. Before placing Order Markers for any round, if Jackal's Experiment is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from the Experiment’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Jackal. You now control the chosen Hero, and it has the species of Clone instead of what is listed on its card.
The more I think about this version, the more I think I like it. Granted, some units probably won't see as much play with him having it work that way, but it will definitely be more balanced, and the other units are still viable, just some will see more play with him, and overall, I think that's fine. I just convinced myself

Any opposition to making this change?
Old November 5th, 2014, 06:48 PM

With any cloning power, certain units are going to be better than others.

Old November 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Unless there is any opposition to making that change by tonight, I'll update the SP and hopefully knock out some tests with him later this week.

Last edited by Karat; November 6th, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old November 7th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Now moves with Flying.

I updated the SP. Now Cellular Degeneration will need to be updated. I took a stab at it. Thoughts?

CELLULAR DEGENERATION
For the entire game, after taking a turn with Jackal's Experiment, place 1 Wound Marker on its card, and you must place 1 Wound Marker on Jackal's Experiment's card at the end of each round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library