Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 31st, 2010, 05:35 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mezzodemon Warmongers Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Here is the image of the Mezzodemons.

Poison Cloud - When a Mezzodemon Warmonger attacks a Common figure, add 1 to its attack value.

Exoskeleton - At the start of the game, place 1 copper Exoskeleton marker on a Mezzodemon Warmongers Army Card for each Mezzodemon Warmonger figure in your Army. After a Mezzodemon Warmonger rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 Exoskeleton marker from its Army Card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Last edited by Majora's Incarnation; October 14th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:15 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart
Re: Mezzodemon Warmongers Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Ecthelion
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:16 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Maybe each time they take a wound they lose a marker and ignore the damage, basically making them extra-tough/hard to kill. Almost like an extra life squad.
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:22 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

The markers could change opponents' species into insects or crustaceans. Maybe not. I am guessing they will be clear or white in color, like bone.
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:29 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Maybe, along the extra life thing, if one would be destroyed instead remove a marker and ignore wounds, or maybe you can use a marker and it boosts defense.

Anyways, real excited for these guys. Two man squad and they're lobster men. Plus Warmonger make them sound a little like wizards. Awesome!
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:13 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just realized that the Mezzodemons arent actually demons (known as Tanarri in the D&D world) but neutral evil planar beings compared to the Greek daemons. :P WOTC tricked us. But I wonder if WOTC will title their species Yugoloth?? Thats their real name for the Mezzoloths. (another name)

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:35 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
I just realized that the Mezzodemons arent actually demons (known as Tanarri in the D&D world) but neutral evil planar beings compared to the Greek daemons. :P WOTC tricked us. But I wonder if WOTC will title their species Yugoloth?? Thats their real name for the Mezzoloths. (another name)
That was correct for 3.5 edition D&D. They got rid of Yugoloths in 4th edition and made Mezzoloths Mezzodemons. If you need absolute proof, check out of copy of of the 4E monster maual from your libary.
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Maybe, along the extra life thing, if one would be destroyed instead remove a marker and ignore wounds
My thoughts exactly.
Quote:
Plus Warmonger make them sound a little like wizards. Awesome!
How... Wizard=Warmonger? What?
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:03 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Maybe, along the extra life thing, if one would be destroyed instead remove a marker and ignore wounds
My thoughts exactly.
Quote:

Uuuhh, yeah, what is up with that, the word Warmonger makes me think big-melee-tank-kinda-guy. (Or a fishmonger)

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilfheimPwns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
Quote:

Uuuhh, yeah, what is up with that, the word Warmonger makes me think big-melee-tank-kinda-guy. (Or a fishmonger)
Mezzodemons are footsoliders, and a warmonger is like a archaic term for rioter, so I picture these creatures as demons picking fights for no apparent reason

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:34 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

I think someone had postulated that the exoskeleton markers would be left on the spaces where Mezzodemons were killed... that makes a lot of sense to me... a bony/spiky skeleton left behind to cause pain to anyone trying to take the glyph they were guarding...

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:44 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
I think someone had postulated that the exoskeleton markers would be left on the spaces where Mezzodemons were killed... that makes a lot of sense to me... a bony/spiky skeleton left behind to cause pain to anyone trying to take the glyph they were guarding...
Nah, if it were like that I'd suspect a special glyph.

Oh, and if the markers work like I think, we might have our first uncommon squad

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units