Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 4th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Why is Scape your favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
With the orginal teenager who started us on the game growing older and his interest declining in the game
Wait. Stop right there. You can not let that happen!
Kinda tuff to compete with girls with a high school boy.
At least you're losing to GIRLS. My nephew (who intro'd me to it) is now too into VIDEO GAMES to play Heroscape.

That is a new definition of lame, no?
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

H eight makes right!
E nough variety in terrain!
R ules that are simple!
O verall metagame constantly expanding!
S cenarios with replay value!
C ompelling prepainted heroes and squad figures!
A ction, action, action!
P owers that make each figure different!
E vil Utgarians everywhere!

Hey, it worked!

"Put them all together they spell H-E-R-O-S-C-A-P-E
That's the game I love the best."
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
H eight makes right!
E nough variety in terrain!
R ules that are simple!
O verall metagame constantly expanding!
S cenarios with replay value!
C ompelling prepainted heroes and squad figures!
A ction, action, action!
P owers that make each figure different!
E vil Utgarians everywhere!

Hey, it worked!

"Put them all together they spell H-E-R-O-S-C-A-P-E
That's the game I love the best."
Sad, I don't know which is sadder. That he had time for this or that his lines don't rhyme so we can't actually use this as the official Heroscape song.
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:24 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

I love this Game Because it is easy to teach your friends. I mean when you are looking to play a game and it takes a day to teach it stinks. I taught my Niece in 10Min how to play this game. I had an event. I did a 1hr Demo and Learning the Game Hands on. Then I Ran a Tournament With Prebuilt boards and Armies I constructed for my friends. I judged the event it went over so well everyone asks when I will do it again. I am so Happy that Since WOTC has taken over this game they keep reassuring us It's not going anywhere... So I keep my Fingers crossed this game is around for years to come. But, if they discontinue it I have enough Pieces to keep me and my friends bust for a long time to come.....

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

The best part of 'scape for me is that it brings my family together for several hours a week. The fact that my wife of 24 years, my 22 yr old son, my 20 yr old son and myself, can sit down and have a great time together is somthing that no other game can do.

A game that can bind a family, has got ot be the greastest game of all time.

Oh and the figuers and terrian are cool too.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old June 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
And even Bloodbowl has been made better of late by using the heroscape terrain instead of the "stadium" that it came with.
Now you can't go and make a comment like that without at least a promise to post pictures.
That's a frackin cool idea! use green for a pretty pictch, road for dungeon
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The appeal Heroscape holds (held) for me is the variety of unit types. I really like the "battle of all time" concept and seeing unusual battles, like Indians fighting Robots and Trolls.

The gameplay is good and all, but so is the gameplay in chess. The theme is what seals the deal for me.
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got bored with Monopoly.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:02 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I've been giving some rather short responses to some threads lately... so I thought I'd just go ahead and turn what I wanted to say here into a blog post.

Put another way... awesome figures and abilities that make sense for them keep me entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:44 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

With all this 'I hate DnD Scape' talk going on, why don't we try to talk about something positive.

Could you show/tell me who, besides Clancampbell, has ever written this?

Thanks in advance.
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:49 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I prefer classic scape, but I don't mind dnd scape. I like scape the best because it puts my strategic yens to the test and usually satisfies them.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure I can sum this one up in a nice, neat little post, but I'm not going to take the time to write a blog as eloquently as Jexik has (at least not tonight...), so here goes.

Playing with RotV the first time, with a buddy who'd brought it over before a DND game night was scheduled to begin, we had set up the Migol's Tomb map. I was using Mimring and the KMA, and my friend had Drake, Izumi and the Tarns. I was rather stupid (no excuses for being a newb!) and had brought Mimsy down from atop the overhang to get a FireLine on Drake and a handful of squad figs. Lo and behold! The vikings got a successful Berserker Charge, and they made quick work of my dragon.

Now, those of you familiar with Sam Adams (as we call the Krav around here) know that, when played intelligently, they can potentially be the most effective ranged squad in the game. Back in those days, there was certainly no doubt! My agents cleared up the map, making feel a bit less of a fool for having sacrificed Mimring.

A week went by, and I had purchased another RotV; my buddy had found Utgar's Rage at WallyWorld. Now we had Krug and the Minions, among other nifty options, to throw into the mix. Setting up for a multiplayer match using what we had available, I thought 'Okay...let's see how long it takes for this game to become broken. Then it will go the way of so many others we've lost interest in...'

Needless to say, we've never lost interest. How many years has it been? With most games I'd say "Too many!", but with 'scape I find myself saying "Not enough!" Careful design, innovative (yet simplistic) gameplay, and increasingly endless variety have continued to strengthen my adoration of the game.

So, I'm not so certain this concisely portrays 'Why 'scape is my favorite', but I'm confident that the feeling of satisfaction I get out of each and every endeavor into the game shall not soon diminish!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion