Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 7th, 2016, 05:54 PM

DragonBorne is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HeroScaper Meet in North East Area (Philadelphia)

Hi Everyone,

I use to be super active in the community several years ago, and also have almost the complete collection of HeroScape (missing just one hero set). Yet my collection has been sitting in boxes for several years. Its time to end this, I am looking for several people in the Philadelphia area that would be willing to set up monthly HeroScape meet ups to rekindle my love for this game, and put to use an impressive collection. Let me know if there are others in the area that want to make such an event happen.
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScaper Meet in North East Area (Philadelphia)

My buddies @tom and @Arcus are in Philadelphia, though I don't know how much they play anymore. Dragonruler is across a bridge in New Jersey, if I remember correctly. He may be your best bet. @Johngee is not far away, if you pick a spot on the Jersey side of the Delaware River. Now that I've tagged him, he'll be along shortly to fix my attempt to tag Dragonruler. Apparently I got his user name wrong.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 8th, 2016, 02:23 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey DragonBorne

I would be interested in getting together for some Scaping. My schedule sucks but I may be able to work something out. Let me know what you have in mind.
Old March 8th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Dragonborne, you have no idea how lucky you are. If you don't play Heroscape with Tom, all of the rest of us in the region will kill you with evil looks for wasting the opportunity.

Edit: Hey, buddy! Are you available for a road trip on Saturday?

Edit 2: Dragonborne, if you don't mind a drive, we are having a Heroscape tournament this coming Saturday just south of Baltimore. Check the link in my signature. After the tournament the shop has open gaming, so you could have a long day of fun, if you're available & so inclined.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 10th, 2016, 12:05 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@Dad_Scaper - thanks for tagging me in this thread, I don't usually check the new ones, since I barely have enough time to keep up with the on-going discussions. &OBTW: I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to your event in Glen Burnie this weekend because I missed my grandson's birthday and this is the first opportunity I've had to visit them in central PA. Also I think in your attempt to tag DragonRuler, you may be referring to @DragonSlayer2 whom I haven't seen in years because he's been busy with college courses, work, and something called "40K" (bleh!), but does live in the Vineland, NJ area not terribly far from my house.

@tom - Hey good buddy, how you doin'? Glad to see that you ain't dead yet and still checking these forums occasionally. Are you still gaming at GK in WC? ATF in WB closed up shop last month, but ATKM in Pitman and TCBS in Glassboro are still a viable options (aprx 1/2 way) for us to meet sometime... or there's always Mike's house ( @fallow ) on Thursdays (ha ha ; - ) I'm involved with two local gaming groups that are keeping me pretty busy - especially with FF's Star Wars: X-Wings, which may have gotten out of control since my collection now includes over 100 spaceships. I may eventually need an intervention and 12 step program, but for now I'll keep ignoring the crocodiles to swim in D'Nile.

@DragonBorne - WELCOME BACK. Glad to here that you hung onto your HS collection because it is an awesome game that you can always come back to. I too have a huge collection packed up in storage boxes that I haven't touched in almost a year and find myself making semi-annual tripps to Baltimore for D_S's events or out to Hicksville, Long Island, NY for @Grishnahk 's events. I live near Ocean City, New Jersey, and love HS, but have always had great difficulty finding a suitable place to play it. In the past I've driven to North Jersey, West NJ, Philadelphia, Jenkintown, West Chester, Springfield, Allentown, New Holland, and Newark Delaware, just to 'Scape but each takes at least 2 hours and needs to be carefully planned in advance and worth the effort. What did you have in mind?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; March 10th, 2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Corrected typos
Old March 14th, 2016, 01:28 PM

I thought of some other possibilities: @Big Boa, whom I believe lives in the Princeton area and also@PeasantDave who located in Eatontown, NJ. I don't how much they still play HS or if they are willing to travel, but they are both a LOT closer to and have easier access to NE Philadelphia than I do.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; March 14th, 2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: korsmecked tripogiraffical errores
Old April 3rd, 2016, 10:19 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Hi all,

I would love to have regular Heroscape meetups. I haven't found anyone local here (Princeton, NJ) to play with so the only time I have the opportunity to break out my figures is for DadScapers events (which haven't lined up with my schedule the past few times) or Islandscape. Lately I've just been looking forward to GenCon.

Thanks,

Chuck
Old April 4th, 2016, 10:24 PM

Hi Chuck;

I don't know what happened to @DragonBorne , it's been almost a whole month of silence here ( 3/7 - 4/4 ). I thought that here was going to plan something in Northeast Philadelphia. I know there a Board Game Meet-Up group that meets in a mall food court there, but that not really conducive for HeroScaping. There's several game stores in the Cherry Hill area as another possibility. I've been playing a lot of Star Wars X-Wing lately, but I can easily access my 'Scape stuff if there was something going on.

~ John G.

Old April 5th, 2016, 09:49 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Regular heroscape?
Of course
Location?
eh maybe but definitely will keep looking

Aplaca
Old April 7th, 2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
Regular heroscape?
Of course
Location?
eh maybe but definitely will keep looking

Aplaca
Hey there T.E.A. - I'm glad to see that you're still on board and checking the forums. Let me know if you can convince your family to vacation in Ocean City, NJ. There's a new game store, not far from here (EHT) where can do some 'Scaping. I don't think I'll be making it back to Scotch Plains any time soon.

Old April 8th, 2016, 05:50 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

If we could get 4 to 6 to commit to meet every 6 to 8 weeks perhaps it could grow into something more. Maybe we could list it on Meetup.com? Of course we do need a venue. I'd be happy to scope out any suggestions.
Old April 9th, 2016, 10:32 PM

VENUE (location, location, location) - a suitable place to play - has ALWAYS been the biggest problem in getting this M.A.R.S. group together for HeroScape or any other games.

Wouldn't a separate account on MeetUp-dot-COM cost someone about $30.oo each month? I am already a member of three MeetUp gaming groups:
Boardgames_NJ
Gamers Of The Cherry Hill Area (G.O.T.C.H.A.)
Ocean City Gamers
... so you can contact me there also if you want to discuss piggy-backing on one of their regularly scheduled event by just showing up with our HeroScape stuff. However, restaurants and food-courts are not very conducive for our style of gaming. Library conference rooms might be a possibility.

Last edited by Johngee; April 18th, 2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: kormektud spoolung oreres

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events