Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 6th, 2006, 01:15 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
New limited Ticket to Ride expansion coming out

Just received this email from Days of Wonder. Sounds cool I think it'll be worth $15 and make me dig out TtR again:

Dear Days of Wonder Player,

A new train is coming into town! Two and a half years after the release of the best-selling Ticket to Ride boardgame, which introduced millions of players worldwide to the joy of boardgaming euro-style, we are pleased to introduce you to Ticket to Ride - USA 1910, a new expansion that will keep you playing well into the next decade!

Ticket to Ride - USA 1910 is a card expansion for the original Ticket to Ride boardgame, winner of the 2004 Spiel des Jahres. It contains 181 large format cards (the same size as Ticket to Ride Europe and Märklin), including: 35 brand new Destination Tickets, a GlobeTrotter bonus card for completing the most tickets, and a complete replacement deck of all the cards from the original game deck.

Also included is a rulebook from legendary game designer Alan R. Moon that gives you three different ways to play the game:

- The 1910 Rules - The year has changed, and competition over the rail network of North America is tighter than ever. Play Ticket to Ride a whole new way, using only the new Destination Tickets;
- The Big Cities Rules - For an even more cutthroat game; circle the wagons around the game's biggest cities only - in this variant, all destination tickets start and end in a major metropolis well known to everyone;
- The Mega Game, featuring all of the game's tickets.

Regardless of the version you opt to play, the Ticket to Ride - USA 1910 deck will force even long time Ticket to Ride veterans to reconsider their well mapped-out strategies, and develop fresh tactics. It is sure to bring your family and friends hundreds of hours of further enjoyment, riding the rails across a new America!

Released in conjunction with the Essen 2006 Spiel Faire, the world's largest boardgame exhibition, Ticket to Ride - USA 1910 is packaged in a distinctive, 2-piece metal box that no Ticket to Ride owner will want to be left without.

The perfect Christmas stocking stuffer, Ticket to Ride - USA 1910 will delight gamers of all ages worldwide. But don't wait too long. Only 10,000 copies of what is sure to become a hot collectible this season will be available in the US.

Pre-order your copy today for $15 only, by clicking here.

(Ticket to Ride - USA 1910 expansion is expected to ship around November 15 in the Continental USA.)
Note: This product is an expansion for the Ticket to Ride® boardgame, not a stand-alone game. An original copy of Ticket to Ride® is required to play.

Your friends at Days of Wonder
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Looking forward to this. I enjoy Ticket to Ride quite a bit but I think this expansion will make it just a little bit better. I've avoided Europe and Marklin because I don't want a lot more complexity to the game as it's perfect for "non-gamers" but I think these changes might help balance things out just a little bit.
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Just picked up a copy of "Europe" today, after having played TtR a few times over the past couple of months. Likely will get the original game at some point, but nice to know about the expansion.

We're having the neighbors over for a game tonight

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old October 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would love an expansion for TTR Europe....I hope one's in the works.
Old October 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Aratak has disabled reputation
Lady Aratak and I love Ticet to Ride Europe and play the online version, as well.

I'm greatly looking forward to the new expansion, for no reason other than the chance to upgrade those eensy-teensy Ticket to Ride original cards into man-sized Euro cards!
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:35 AM

cavie Woo who?
Thanks for the heads up Orbital,
We love TtR and have looked into getting Europe or Marklin but I think this sounds like a better pick up first. So many games, so little time.....
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
That's one thing I wanted to is Marklin sized cards so that will be nice. Last time I played TtR was a couple months ago after printing out and pasting together the "Mystery Train" expansion cards.
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Yeah, the online version of TtR is SWEET!

I'm hoping I can score a cheap copy of the original TtR game now that this expansion is out, and maybe even just a board for cheap. We could use the trains from TtR: Europe, right?

Really, the only differences would be the board, and the destination cards, right?
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Pretty much yeah.

I was hoping that this game would wane in popularity, and that as a last ditch effort they'd print a double-sided board containing both maps ya know? That would have been awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games