Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 8th, 2022, 02:09 PM

gatormustang knows what's in an order marker gatormustang knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

This is phenomenal news and thank you to all that have been feeding any and all information that is currently available. I could never bring myself to let go any of my Scape and so glad that I held on. I did venture to numerous other games and mainly Warhammer AOS and Warcry. I have no complaints doing so because I just truly enjoy tabletop miniature gaming, but my money is going to head back to the new Heroscape hopefully at a much better price point than Warhammer.
Old August 8th, 2022, 02:12 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
What is the VC team, sorry about asking. Just curious.
Ventriloquist Council
Old August 8th, 2022, 02:55 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
https://heroscapecustoms.wordpress.c...halla-customs/

VC is Valhalla Customs, aka C3V+SoV. More info including member list at the link above
Old August 8th, 2022, 03:47 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:

VC is Valhalla Customs, aka C3V+SoV. More info including member list at the link above

How long has the SOV been running for? I believe it's not as old as C3V
Old August 8th, 2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
This is phenomenal news and thank you to all that have been feeding any and all information that is currently available. I could never bring myself to let go any of my Scape and so glad that I held on. I did venture to numerous other games and mainly Warhammer AOS and Warcry. I have no complaints doing so because I just truly enjoy tabletop miniature gaming, but my money is going to head back to the new Heroscape hopefully at a much better price point than Warhammer.

I'm hoping the same; I don't believe many of the warhammer prices are justified personally, so I'm hoping the new heroscape is good on that front by having a more reasonable price, especially since we must paint ourselves

The quality of the new minis is exciting, I'm looking forward to the reveal of more. At first I was worried we'd only be getting 8 total, but it seems there are more they haven't shown yet
Old August 8th, 2022, 03:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:

How long has the SOV been running for? I believe it's not as old as C3V
They came from the same primordial ooze. If the C3V is older, it's just barely. They were being planned by their respective founders at the same time.

Suppose as much as you choose; give loose to your fancy, indulge your imagination in every possible flight which the subject will afford.
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 8th, 2022, 04:36 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anyone got a link to that discord yet? I tried Google, Hasbro Pulse, and the Heroscape Facebook group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 8th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Sarhek is surprisingly tart

I've been keeping an eye on their Twitter page and haven't seen anything yet.
Old August 8th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

This is amazing news!!! Can't wait for the discord to drop.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old August 8th, 2022, 05:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Now that I'm at a computer I had time to upload the photos to Scapers and remove the link to google photos that was in this post. If you've seen that google photos link flying around, please redirect people here instead--the link should no longer work.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
I will ship the new Heroscape set, Age of Annihilation: Vanguard Edition to you internationally
--
Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Colorado Heroscape Tournaments
- Winter Throwdown 2022
--
caps's Customs Redux- Imperial Guard, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Fetts, Darth Maul, Pathfinder heroes
--
caps's maps - Kingfisher, Thaw
Spoiler Alert!

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 8th, 2022, 05:27 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Wanted to collect all the stuff I gathered from them in one place in case anyone missed it above.

Quote:
Existing generals remain.
Hinted at new factions. (I assume there are definitely new generals/factions)
Craig is a permanent part of the team.
"Look to see how [Hasbro] interacts with the HeroQuest community to see how they might interact with C3V/SoV."
Figures will be unpainted because "deco" costs would put the starter set at $400+ Deco alone is more expensive than the figures.
First set will most likely be all unique figures.
First set will include an unspecified quantity of Heroscape terrain (same molds as the original sets).
TBD on reprinting any old days

Source: I am at GenCon and talked to Chris Nadeau (I swear his badge said "Hopkins" or "Hodgkins" the first time I looked)

Edit: also, he emphasized that they are prioritizing accessibility, they want people to be able to get into the game

Edit2: he also would not say when we should expect to be able to give them money for these products; not even a "closer to 3 months or closer to 18 months" type of answer

Edit3: He also said "the story has progressed and the world has changed." Make of that what you will. It was in reference to generals/factions.
Quote:
Terrain will be two-tone like the original game. TBD on whether there will be new terrains. Quantity of terrain in the new set is TBD.

Price point is TBD.

Dragon is leaning because it is waxed to the board so it doesn't get knocked over. It normally sits flat.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Will there be digital support (a new website, forum upgrades, online play, map building software)?
CVN says he can't answer, but to look at how Avalon Hill approaches this kind of thing with their other games.

Before this he had pointed out to me that HeroQuest has a companion app that runs Zargon (the game master) for you.
Quote:
CVN can't say if it will be mass market, print on demand, game shops, etc...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
obviously beyond excited for this. I'll echo that unpainted is of course disappointing and the sculpts don't totally feel like heroscape. hopefully whatever awful thick paint job I slather on there will help bring that feeling back. the hero only masterset approach is interesting as well. I'm very curious in what ways this will differ from classic scape.

something else I didn't see anyone else mention - is that old clear/sparkly water in the pics? is the terrain just all old pieces? it's a curious choice to use that vs the more modern flat blue water.

also curious if this will bring down or raise prices on old pieces. more availability of potential reissues vs influx of new players. I can't be the only one whose collection is probably a decent slice of their net worth lol!
The terrain in the display is not necessarily what will be used in the set. They just grabbed some Heroscape terrain to put the figures on for display.
Quote:
A friend told me to ask about compatibility. I got these answers from Chris:
The new figures will be compatible with the old, and balanced to the same power scale for competitive play (with dok and DS involved I have no doubts about that).
He would not say whether there would be any new rules or rules tweaks, but said something about "listening to the community" on the need for rules clarifications or changes
He again said the terrain would be compatible
Quote:
I stopped by the booth again to ask about licensing other IPs.

They said they're holding off on that for now but obviously the game has great potential for it. Nadeau (the creative director who came over from the toys division but says he is a gamer himself) mentioned that they already have a lot of IPs and licences through Hasbro, Avalon Hill, TSR, WotC, etc. just to name a few.

He said they have the first two years of releases already planned out and in ideation, and are working on more. HeroQuest is planned out through 2025. ~700 days into HeroQuest that game already has their main box and a bunch of expansions (he pointed me to the entire 7' tall display case with 4 shelves dedicated to HeroQuest; I took pictures that I can try to post later).

He then went into the history of resurrecting the Avalon Hill brand inside Hasbro, how HeroQuest was the way they showed the executives they could make money off of gamer games and not just the millionth Monopoly clone.

I will try to ask more explicitly tomorrow what kind of target audience they have in mind.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
I will try to ask more explicitly tomorrow what kind of target audience they have in mind.
Also, please ask about what kind of software support, if any, is planned. An official Battlefield/Scenario Builder would be the greatest thing I can think of for them to create.
I asked about this before and I believe I posted my answer above.

The short version was they committed to nothing, but implied they would do like they did with HeroQuest and have some kind of digital support.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
Hey Dad Scaper, thanks for the info! To clarify, the figs will be cast in the color of their general and have a wash, or the figs will be cast all in the same color, with a colored wash to match their general?
I asked Craig about this today (oblivious to DS's post this morning, I asked that question as well and got the same answer that DS just shared) and he said there "probably" won't be a wash on the figures.

I also asked about target market and I was told that they can't comment on that yet but to watch the upcoming announcements closely.

--

Independently of all that, when Chris Nadeau saw me at the booth, he came over and told me that he dropped some hints (he wouldn't say about what) in the "stream" today. He said no one on site at GenCon seems to have caught the hints (I didn't even know there was a stream, so...). If y'all don't know what I'm talking about maybe you can look into it. Some kind of GenCon Hasbro stream.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
For the time being i'll trust that Craig and crew are taking this in a good direction, the quality of the sculpts themselves look good and if the set includes painted terrain then I'm okay with that given the inevitable production concerns. I'm willing to paint my figures, even though I'd prefer not to have to do so.

With that being said, we would need some form of compensation to account for the lack of paint job, such as an interesting 3 dimensional set piece to go along with the terrain. Something like the ruins from ROTV or the Marvel set. Seeing just how prominent the ruin use has been in almost all map building, their inclusion in ROTV has had a massive impact on the game for just a couple setpieces. Even the rocks in Battle for the Underdark were a very nice addition. The setpieces wouldn't need to have a fancy paint job either, just a wash like the ROTV ruins at most. Something along those lines would go a long way in making this a satisfactory masterset.
I really don't think it would be good to ship the unpainted figures with only flat terrain tiles

If we can get something that adds an interesting twist to map building, I'll be happy with the set
I spent a few minutes yesterday telling them my idea for terrain pieces that would help with setup time to make the game more accessible. They made some comments about different types of terrain molds (particularly larger single pieces along the lines of the castle) being really expensive at each level of production (down to the weight and space taken up in the box IIRC) but they *DID* say that they have lots of cool plans for terrain stuff.

I have a few other notes I haven't had a chance to post yet from conversations on Saturday/Sunday. I will get to that today or tomorrow.

--
I will ship the new Heroscape set, Age of Annihilation: Vanguard Edition to you internationally
--
--
- Winter Throwdown 2022
--
caps's Customs Redux- Imperial Guard, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Fetts, Darth Maul, Pathfinder heroes
--
Spoiler Alert!

--
Old August 8th, 2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
He said they have the first two years of releases already planned out and in ideation, and are working on more. HeroQuest is planned out through 2025. ~700 days into HeroQuest that game already has their main box and a bunch of expansions (he pointed me to the entire 7' tall display case with 4 shelves dedicated to HeroQuest; I took pictures that I can try to post later).
Since HeroQuests's return was announced September 2020 via crowdfunding (almost two years ago) and then actually shipped late 2021 (my source on these dates is
the wikipedia page the wikipedia page
), HeroQuest has gotten all of this content:

They more or less said that we should expect similar amounts of content over a similar timeframe for HeroScape. I read that as multiple releases a year

--
--
--
- Winter Throwdown 2022
--
--
Spoiler Alert!

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News