Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 8th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sentinels C3G X-Men Master Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
By the way, does anyone else even care about this besides me, Griffin, and IAmBatman??
That does seem like the key question here, right? I think we've all made our opinions clear. And I certainly respect your view on this, GreyOwl, and I don't disagree with you for the most part. A situation with a unit I really, really want to do that has less than ideal figure choices is just an annoying and difficult one (and one I fear we'll be running into more and more often as this project continues).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I was not really loving the big Sentinel idea to begin with, figuring problems like these may occur from it. However, we got them in there and now have to figure the best way to make them work for everyone.

First of all, nice find for alternative figures Griffin. While they aren't actually Sentinels, they can be an affordable option for some.

Here's the thing and I said it regarding the other "official" figures we chose for X-Men, particularly Angel. An "official" figure is really just the one on the card and others can be used if there are other options. While the Angels aren't radically different, they do present different shapes for targeting and being able to fit in tight quarters do to wingspans, so the one I have can be slightly different in gameplay than the "official" one.

I know the real Sentinel and the other option presented are quite different. I believe the real ones are like 6" tall, with the others a little bit smaller. Isn't 6" kind of standard for a lot of action figures? I'm not sure, but the Doomday figures I'll use for Sentinels are 6" and while a bit wider at the shoulders, they'll work for me.

Could we make a third card for those that want to use the optional smaller Mechwarrior or whatever figures? I kind of like the real Sentinel figure being on a card, so perhaps third card can have the picture of the smaller Sentinel. The powers/stats can all be the same, but just maybe change the size (levels tall) or whatever.

For scenarios, perhaps they can be limited to having only three Sentinels in an official scenario. This can keep costs down either way people decide to go with figures. Besides, if we go with smaller Sentinel Troopers for common squad in the first wave, it would kind of redundant to field a ton of both figures. The big ones should be really badazz and not be "squaddie" numbers on the field, in official scenarios anyway. What people do on their own shouldn't apply, they can have 20 big Sentinels if they want, but not in an official scenario.

Anyway, that's my thoughts for now, gotta go.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Normal action figures are 3.75" tall, so 6" is a bit bigger.

I'd be okay with a 3rd Sentinel card using the alternate figure, as long as it doesn't require additional playtesting to account for the different size, shape, and/or cost.

For the included scenarios, I think we should come up with a "regeneration" type storyline so that people can play with a single Sentinel, but they keep appearing one after the other.
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Normal action figures are 3.75" tall, so 6" is a bit bigger.

I'd be okay with a 3rd Sentinel card using the alternate figure, as long as it doesn't require additional playtesting to account for the different size, shape, and/or cost.

For the included scenarios, I think we should come up with a "regeneration" type storyline so that people can play with a single Sentinel, but they keep appearing one after the other.
You, sir, have stumbled on the exact concept I've been brewing for the "Sentinel Factory" scenario.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
By the way, does anyone else even care about this besides me, Griffin, and IAmBatman??
That does seem like the key question here, right? I think we've all made our opinions clear. And I certainly respect your view on this, GreyOwl, and I don't disagree with you for the most part. A situation with a unit I really, really want to do that has less than ideal figure choices is just an annoying and difficult one (and one I fear we'll be running into more and more often as this project continues).
I still side with GreyOwl. Specifically, this:

"Well, in my hypothetical example the $85 Superman would be the only Superman mini available. So you either put that on there, or you put a completely different figure.

I think where we differ is that I see a difference between what picture we put on the card, and what we "expect" people to buy.

I think the card should look the best it can, and a Superman card that has a picture of someone other than Superman doesn't meet that criteria (for me). The same holds true for Sentinels.

But I don't expect everyone to buy 5 Sentinels, either, which is why I would offer several alternative proxies for those that can't afford it.

These are very iconic figures, and I would personally never put a completely different image on the card, and I think a lot of our "fans" would be very surprised, too. I mean, we make a big deal about which specific version of a character to put on there, like blue-and-gold costume Cyclops vs. more modern Cyclops, yet putting an entirely different figure is okay? Sorry, but that makes no sense to me."
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
You, sir, have stumbled on the exact concept I've been brewing for the "Sentinel Factory" scenario.
Well, it's good to know that we agree on something regarding the Sentinels.
Old December 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
And the figure that I suggested on the front page is not terrible either. In fact, it is a pretty darn good looking Sentinel with the exception of the small launch pad on his shoulder.
That is a great find, Griffin. And I think we should specifically mention this as a great proxy for those that want to proxy the card, probably list it in the first post of the Book of Sentinels. But that miniature is not a Sentinel. Let's say I currently have 10 of those massive Sentinels. C3G releases a Sentinel card and it's not even a Sentinel? That doesn't seem right.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to - tentatively - side with you guys. Honestly, right now, neither figure is working for me. But that's because I'm not yet convinced that the Hero Clix Sentinel can actually be rebased in a way that makes it playable.
Until I can get that situation resolved, I won't be playtesting the eventual Sentinel unit.

Old December 8th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Yeah, we do need to resolve the basing issue. I'll see if I can work on it, but I'm guessing all the edits to the World's Finest rulebook take priority.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM

They do. I don't think we should honestly even try to tackle the Sentinels at this point until after we see how common heroes are handled in the DnD Master Set.

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I don't think we should honestly even try to tackle the Sentinels at this point until after we see how common heroes are handled in the DnD Master Set.
Yep, I agree.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Which is fine, because we should know in a month or so at the latest. I almost want to wait on the release of World's Finest until then to see how they handle equipment glyphs ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library