Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Darkmage7a's Custom Thread

MAD SLASHER
Spoiler Alert!

MARRO DRETCH
Spoiler Alert!

SAHAUGIN BARON

Spoiler Alert!

LORD KORVATHU
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Darkmage7a; December 1st, 2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:53 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Darkmage7a's Custom Thread

I like him, though I think you could get away with 5 life and keep it at 130 points.

-insert signature here-
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I like him, though I think you could get away with 5 life and keep it at 130 points.
I had debated do that for a long time but I couldn't quite justify it given the other examples at at a similar point value. In particular I compared him to these figures.

All of these figures have similar base stats and a regenerative capability. I had to Justify their damage potential and ability to move unhindered by terrain against Lord Korvathu's full regeneration and squad replacement effect.

WSG + 2x grubs = 195pts
Lord K + WoB = 210pts

If he had 5 live I think he would survive just a bit too well. Right now if he needs time to heal you can summon wolves up to 6 spaces away to use as roadblocks and keep himself out of it. If the wolf is a WoB then he gets to move and extra 6 spaces and pounce 3 if he wants to. Which is why LK needed to call before moving , otherwise his own move and bonded summoning combined would create a threat range of 21. Which would be a little overpowered in my opinion.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: bad math for max distance
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Comparing to those two figures was a good idea. They're both slightly overcosted, IMO, though. Granted, both WSG's powers are a bit weaker than the Darklord's, but WSG does have an extra attack die. As does the GIE, but its powers are a bit more comparable (and it's uncommon, but then it has -1Move and no bonding).

Also, the figure is huge compared to HS wolves, but I think he's awesome!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; April 2nd, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Thanks for the feedback Necroblade. I can see your point about price. Sometimes WSG and the WoB seems just slightly overpriced to me too. I suppose combining a slightly overpriced bonding squad with a slightly overpriced hero can compound the issue. Also dropping the xtra 15 points on Lord K would bring this
Quote:
WSG + 2x grubs = 195pts
Lord K + WoB = 210pts
down to this
WSG + 2x grubs = 195pts
Lord K + WoB = 195pts

Oddly convenient? You might be on to something Necroblade. Of course you have been making customs for considerably longer than I have.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:34 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hah, well, there's no exact science to customs. You did ballpark him very well, though.

Don't make any changes on my account, but I have always really wanted to play

160 Wolves of Badru x2
150 Anubian Wolves x2
115 Darklord (Lord Korvathu in this case)
075 Khosumet the Darklord

for 500 points even of wolfy goodness.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Wow, this guy is a lot like my Darklord custom (link in my sig). Great minds think alike, eh?
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Wow, this guy is a lot like my Darklord custom (link in my sig). Great minds think alike, eh?
Actually only the stats and price are similar. The powers are quite different. But the cool thing about that is you can use both of them at the same time.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Newest creation. Sahaugin Baron

Unfortunately I don't actually have this figure (yet) so I'm not even sure if it fits on a Heroscape base. If anyone knows for sure I'd appreciate it thanks.

some comments taken from the contest thread.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for the feed back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

#2 Sahaugin Baron - Cool to see the Menacing personality used again. I'm not sure why Ambush triggers after he fails to hit, though. Other than that, decent figure for (relatively) low cost.
We'll NercoBlade, I was looking for a term that indicates when he misses an attack it looks like it was actually intended to be a distraction so his little raider buddy can get in on the action. If you have a suggestion for a name I'm open to suggestions. It was the best thing I could think of at the time.
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:40 AM
Is The Skullmaster

I was thinking about how the Blade Gruts and how they sort of got an upgrade over a few years. It was a simple concept that brought renewed interest back into a race that for a time, had started to fall behind. Anyway it inspired me to create these fellas here. The Marro Dretch, best part is you don't even need to purchase new figures. You might even recognise them in the bottom of your own colletion boxes, that is if you haven't already chopped them up to make different customs out of them already.

With the end of scape production I favor the concept of maximizing the utility of the figures that have already been paid for. I was always a fan of the original Drudge, just as I am a fan of the Blade Gruts. But why should they be the only ones to have a set of big brothers?

I think its perfectly fine to use your original figures and play them with a card different card, provided that you either don't play both versions at once. Alternatively you can always mark them with stickers or paint etc to differentiate the two forms in a similar way to how we separate other look-alike units, such is the case with uncommon heroes.

The only thing I'm still debating about this card is possibly dropping the cost down to 65 instead of 70. However I'm largely waiting on that until after we get a good idea of how well the Mezzodemon warmongers will do on the power ranking scale. I feel the major comparisons for this unit are Stingers, Drugde, Mohican river tribe, 10th foot, and 4th Mass. Some may argue the water elemental. To them I say Kurrok is not the same as the Hive any more than Ornak is like Gilbert. Just in case you haven't read the card carefully yet please note the lack of the word SWAMP is intentional.
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Currently available at Coolstuffinc.com for only $1.49.

Have fun with Spiders in your new multi-predator bonding tag team.

Cheers.
Old December 1st, 2010, 03:34 PM

That is a downright awesome card. Next CoolStuff order, I'll have to remember to add him.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards