Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 12th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lawnmower predictions

Since we the unwashed masses are being teased mercilessly about the mysterious "lawnmower" I thought I'd start a thread for predictions, prognostications, speculations and lies. My vote?

Lawnmower Man is a hero identical to Isamu with four differences:

1) He's uncommon.
2) He costs 30.
3) No Jandar hate.
4) Lawnmower Special Attack
Range 1 Attack 3
If Lawnmower Man causes a wound with Lawnmower Special attack, Lawnmower Man may immediately move up to three spaces and make another attack with Lawnmower Special Attack. The first time Lawnmower Special Attack does not cause a wound, destroy Lawnmower Man.

~Aldin, sizing up the grass

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lawnmower predictions

Huh. I didn't even consider that this lawnmower could be a filler-type unit.

This whole time I have been assuming that it is just one massive high powered unit.

edit: see what the people below me said. The figure has to have at least a somewhat high number of wounds, otherwise what Jexik said before about Kelda would be invalid
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Interesting idea but I recall the suggestion that Kelda is the gass for this lawnmower so I suspect that he wouldn't die but rather take a wound(s). So I think you are right that he is likely uncommon but unlike Isamu he likely has more than 1 life. I would suspect at least 3 but liklely more. In any case the move-attack-move-attack scenario seems to fit.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

My initial theory was that Lawnmower had a powerful special that also hurt itself since the "gas can" was a healer but someone mentioned that it could simply get weaker as it takes damage, like a reverse Krug/Hulk.
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How would Kelda be the "gas can" for that unit? The statement about Kelda implies that the Lawnmower needs Kelda to keep him alive and kicking.

Edit: And Raelin is the "clippings," so the Lawnmower has some power that negates or otherwise shreds defense.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; February 12th, 2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: ninja'd twice
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

For an Uncommon, I think an interesting "Lawnmower-esque" mechanic would be:

Cooperation: "If [Feral Squirrel] inflicts at least one wound with its Normal Attack, you may take a turn with another [Feral Squirrel] you control. You may continue taking turns until you either inflict no wounds or have no [Feral Squirrels] left in your army which have not taken a turn on this Order Marker."
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm in the "Lawnmower = Hydra" camp.

Fen Hydra (just because that's what all the D&Ders have been calling it)
Utgar
Uncommon Hero
Hydra
Creature (I really wanna say "Beast" here, but I don't think it will bond)
Terrifying
Large 7
Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Multiple Heads - When there are no Wound Markers on this army card, this Fen Hydra may attack up to 3 additional times. When there is one Wound Marker on this army card, Fen Hydra may attack up to 2 additional times. When there are two Wound Markers on this army card, Fen Hydra may attack one additional time.

Terrifying Presence - Figures attacked by this Fen Hydra roll 1 less defense die. Terrifying Presence does not affect figures with the Fearless personality.

Slither - Fen Hydra does not have to stop its movement on water spaces.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; February 12th, 2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: My names for those powers seem pretty crappy...
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

OK, I'll give it a go.

Hydra
Uncommon Hero
Beast
Ferocious
Large 9

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
120 points

Regenerate (same as Feral Troll)

Additional head attack

After attacking with the Hydra, roll the 20 sided die. Subtract 2 for each wound the Hydra has on its card. if you roll 11 or higher, you may attack again with the Hydra.

EDIT: pretty much got ninjacactus'ed. And I agree about the slither.
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soul Borg/War Forged

Has four wheels to roll on, has a big spinning blade in front of him to chop up enemies as he runs into them.

Life 7
Movement 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Underpowered: For evey wound this figure takes it loses one movement point.

Relentless Blades:
If this unit inflicts one wound on its attack it can immediately move up to one more space and and attack one more time. This can be used only once per turn.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I'll update. I can't believe I forgot about the Kelda gas can, but I still think we're looking at a MacDirkian style power. Perhaps:

Fen Hydra
Unique Hero
Monster
Terrifying
Huge 9

Life 9
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5
150 points

Multi-Strike Special Attack
Range 1 Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. All shields rolled by the defender cause the Fen Hydra to take one unblockable wound. There is no limit to the number of times the Fen Hydra may use Multi-Strike Special Attack in a turn.

Plus the Troll's regenerate power.

~Aldin, converted to a much more expensive figure by the Kelda reminder

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I always thought that the "lawnmower" aspect would be that it could attack, move and attack again along the lines of trample stomp.

Fen Hydra
Utgar
Uncommon Hero
Hydra
Devourer
Large 7
Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 3

Multiple Head Special Attack - Instead of using its normal attack the Fen Hydra may attack with 2 dice. The defender may not roll defense dice. Fen Hydra may attack as many times as it has lives remaining. Fen Hydra may use its multiple attack special attack while moving.

Slither - Fen Hydra does not have to stop its movement on water spaces.
Old February 12th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob in the Lizards are Awesome thread
I think there will be lots of interesting discussions when the lawnmower is revealed. There are no other units like it.
theGuru seconded this.

This makes me think that my cards is a bit too... oldschool. Aldin and Rich10 probably have a better shot at it, as those cards do something totally different that anything we've seen.

Though, I guess there aren't many Units that always reduce an opponent's defense....

EDIT: Looks like were on the right track with the Hydra

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion