Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old February 12th, 2010, 11:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Pyre's Trash to Treasure Custom Contest

Hasn't been a contest around here recently, so let's try one!

One of my old Mage Knight figures I got from a pack last year is pretty useless. His pose seems a little too comical, and his paint job was absolutely horrendous. So I never even bothered to think of some powers for him. But then I had the idea to make him the basis for this contest!

So...

Goal: Create a custom card for a figure that has one of the worst paint jobs in the history of miniatures, and a fairly ridiculous sculpt, and make it actually usable! I'll re-paint it, updating as I go, while people create cards. Then when it's finished, I'll have a poll for the best card.

Prize: The winner will receive the custom painted figure to go with your new card! Unfortunately that's really the only prize I can give, but I'm a pretty decent painter.

The contest will end when I finish the figure, but probably around the end of the month or so regardless of when I finish it. Then I'll set up a poll for the entries!

EDIT: Deadline is Saturday, March 6

The figure in question is here:

A total of four colors used... And I love the green on the back of his sheaths there...

So, make some cards! If you're wondering about what race to make him, you can do whatever you want. A mini troll, orc, goblin, whatever. But I'm going to make his skin green again, if that affects your decision.

Good luck! Have fun!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; February 25th, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pyre's Trash to Treasure Custom Contest

You don't like the Orc Slasher? He's not nearly as goofy looking as the Crushers, those guys had freaking football helmets . . . .

I might just have to enter this one.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does it have to be a serious card?

^_^

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:02 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
You don't like the Orc Slasher? He's not nearly as goofy looking as the Crushers, those guys had freaking football helmets . . . .

I don't know every MK figure out there; just what I get in my packs.

And it's mostly the paint job. I know I can make him look good in that way.
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:03 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post

^_^
I'm painting him seriously, but you can do whatever you want! But it will be a poll, so if you think you can get votes with it, go ahead!
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

^_^
I'm painting him seriously, but you can do whatever you want! But it will be a poll, so if you think you can get votes with it, go ahead!
Great, cause I have some ideas.

*evil laugh*

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Well, the Orc Crusher is from that same set I beleive (that's a really old one right?) and it was basically the same sculpt, just with a club and football helmet rather than swords and a sheild.

btw, how tall is this guy in heroscape heights? All of my orc slashers are in storage.

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:20 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, the Orc Crusher is from that same set I beleive (that's a really old one right?) and it was basically the same sculpt, just with a club and football helmet rather than swords and a sheild.

btw, how tall is this guy in heroscape heights? All of my orc slashers are in storage.
Yeah, it's from one of the first ones. Picked up a starter set for $1!

And he's a little more than 3 hexes high, except for his sheath which goes about 5.
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, it's from one of the first ones. Picked up a starter set for $1!

And he's a little more than 3 hexes high, except for his sheath which goes about 5.
Nice, I still remember my first starter of Rebellion . . . . $20 at the San Diego Comic con, I got a Necromancer and the guy at the Wizkids booth offered me $20 bucks on the spot for it. I didn't take it.

Old February 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Shade Tree

Well, boredom and insomnia has driven me to drafting my card:

Old February 13th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Nice, my card's basically done (just need to add the hitzone) but as things stand, I like your's way better.

Old February 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
That... Is amazing...

And by the way, you guys don't have to add a picture, since I'm repainting it anyway.

EDIT: He looks better with those eyes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games