Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Height advantage Determined by both Base and Height

I was just thinking how little we use the Height of our figures to determine, well anything. I also could never aptly explain why an Blade Grut on a one space hill had height advantage (and thus an extra attack and defense die) on Joten to my friends.

Thinking more about it made me wonder what kind of problems would arise if a figure needed to both have its base higher and be "taller" after taking tiles into consideration before determining height advantage.

For example for figures the same size nothing would change since both their base and height would be higher if they were on elevation.

On the other hand a figure with a height of 3 would need to be on terrain 2 tiles high (3 height + 2 tiles = 5 total height) to get height on a figure that was 4 tall.

If neither figure had both it's base and height higher, then neither unit would claim height advantage.

This model would hurt the dwarves, repulsors and Goblins (Ratz can take the hit), while all the Large and Huge figures would get a boon. On most maps it would become impossible to get height on Dragons - which totally makes sense.

I really think this method synergizes well with @hextr1p partial cover rules since while that rule system increases the number of dice rolled, this one reduces it. Also, while the partial cover rules "hurt" large and huge figures, this helps them.

What do you think?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions